Would those in premades rage if they were banned from fighting pugs?

UltimateKrucible

Just thought I'd look at this from the other side.

Suppose premade groups were stopped from queing against pick-up groups, and could only queue against each other. It's what a lot of people have been calling for, after all.

Would you guys accept your fate or rage about it?

Answer honestly.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suppose premade groups were stopped from queing against pick-up groups, and could only queue against each other. It's what a lot of people have been calling for, after all.

Answer honestly.

Would solo queuers rage if they were banned from getting Ranked commendations without joining ranked warzones?

Would solo queuers rage if they were banned from getting Ranked commendations without joining ranked warzones?

You don't get any ranked comms for unranked matches now, unless you mean remove the trade in feature, which is kinda crappy as it is anyway at 3-1. You lose against a pre-made and it's so bad you only manage 3 medals or whatever for 45 coms, that's like 15 ranked comms.... BFD.

Or if that's the case, then no higher than WH gear in unranked matches.

^^^Though, for the record, I don't have a problem with 4 man premades in unranked as a pugger myself. It goes both ways as sometimes you get a 4 man on your team. It's really just the luck of the draw. If anything I would rather see better matchmaking rather than punishing groups. Some script BW could implement that would try to fill in one 4 man on each side first if available...or something along those lines.

Edited by Ridickilis

I queue both in premades and solo very frequently. I would not rage if the queue times did not get longer, but even a small increase in queue time(Let's say 2 minutes) would be very frustrating. With a very small player base that swtor has it would be unreasonable for them to split brackets. Queue times would increase by too much making the game far less enjoyable. I know you all claim to be casual players who never have time to premade, but there are other casual players playing at your time. Nobody is saying you should run with the same 3 people every time you queue. Build a friends list. If you are even decent and fairly sociable people will want to play with you. It's everyone's choice to not group up. If you lose because of it that is also directly your choice.

Nope.

The decent players won't complain. There is nothing fun about pug stomping and not even dying while fighting people with no heals/tanks.

That said. Servers need to be merged so queue times are shorter for premade vs premade. Also some rules need to go in effect.

1. No respeccing should be allowed inside WZ's.

2. People that queue with a healer and a tank, should be forced to play other groups with a healer and tank.

3. The max allowed should be 3 so that it stops people from queuing 2 heals 1 tank and a dps.

1-3 can't happen without a warzone server merge. Some realms would be fine like mine (pot5), while other realms would have long queues.

The decent players won't complain. There is nothing fun about pug stomping and not even dying while fighting people with no heals/tanks.

That said. Servers need to be merged so queue times are shorter for premade vs premade. Also some rules need to go in effect.

1. No respeccing should be allowed inside WZ's.

2. People that queue with a healer and a tank, should be forced to play other groups with a healer and tank.

3. The max allowed should be 3 so that it stops people from queuing 2 heals 1 tank and a dps.

1-3 can't happen without a warzone server merge. Some realms would be fine like mine (pot5), while other realms would have long queues.

Or things are just left as they are and players learn to adapt and overcome.

...If anything I would rather see better matchmaking rather than punishing groups. Some script BW could implement that would try to fill in one 4 man on each side first if available...or something along those lines.

The problem with "matchmaking" is that the really good solo Q player (high rank) would ALWAYS get stuck anchoring the non-team side. It will often end up with him on a team of 1-2 good players against a team of at least 4 good players. He/she will ALMOST ALWAYS be at a disadvantage.

...With a very small player base that swtor has it would be unreasonable for them to split brackets. Queue times would increase by too much making the game far less enjoyable...

SWTOR had a very large player base. EA/BW's inability to make intelligent decisions about content/player balance/solo-Q is what lost most subscribers. This game had plenty of potential they just pissed it away.

The only way for them to increase subscription base is to FINALLY start offering what the people want.

Edited by Briggs_Knightly

Looking at how some premade players are responding every time the issue is brought up I'd say yes. They've time and time again manifested that they're not interested in sportmanship.

That said, the crappy premades would be even more upset because they would get rolled in every game.

Hence, it would only move the problem from one group, pugs, to another, bad premades, if they were to implement such a system. Now, i think they should add such a filter to MM but I think it has to come with some form of average team rating and x-server to support that there will be rotation between who people get to play. Otherwise we'd end up in a situation similar to rateds where some teams, good teams, fear the even better teams and don't queue at all in fear of losing too big.

Edited by MidichIorian

Or things are just left as they are and players learn to adapt and overcome.

^ Healer/tank who dodges ranked games and thinks playing teams with no healer/tank/guard is challenging. People like you ARE the problem.

It has nothing to do with "learning". You are playing ranked comps vs teams who often have no healer or no guard. This game is balanced around both teams having healer/guard. Without it? It is broken.

I mean really how ignorant are you people. You think voice com vs no voice com and healer/tank vs no healer/tank is balanced or even fun? I PITY you lol.

How dare you use logic on these forums, you should be beheaded.

Here is some logic. How about those with tanks/heals be forced to play other teams with tanks/heals, since pvp balance was DESIGNED around having both.

Then you could get told to "learn to play", "adapt", when you struggle.

Don't like that logic huh?

Agreed!

DPS only in Regular Warzones.

Anyone specced for Tanking or Healing should basically be banned from non-ranked games.

Devs, get it done or I unsub! :mad:

Seriously...is focus firing a marked healer the reserve of premades only? How about CCing a Tank while you do it? Must be.....:rolleyes:

Oh, hell yeah

They would QQ their eye's out. No more face rolling solo teams of inexperienced PVPer's who are just looking to have a good time would probably mean they would actually have to go against other groups on an even play-field. Don't get me wrong, I know their are pre-made groups that only want to fight other pre-made groups so they can have a challenging match but, most pre-made groups pride them themselves on destroying & demoralizing solo pug groups to the point where the solo pug group just quits out.

We need cross-server PVP then, we could create a separate que's for Solo pug groups & Pre-made groups.

The problem with "matchmaking" is that the really good solo Q player (high rank) would ALWAYS get stuck anchoring the non-team side. It will often end up with him on a team of 1-2 good players against a team of at least 4 good players. He/she will ALMOST ALWAYS be at a disadvantage.

So you reject a system that "might" put a good player with bad teammates, but you also reject the current system that allows people to pick at least 3 of their teammates?

Unfortunately this is true; As a Premade player I do confess that the only reason I play Warzones with my friends is to grief other players. I mean, I immediately Guild-Kicked someone who has been in my group for the whole year because they focus on PVE and do not have min/maxed EWH this week! During Hutt Ball matches I pull friendlies not in my Guild into the Fire and Pits to punish them for running solo, and despite our ability to win every match 6-0, we hold the ball in mid for the entire time to force the other team to continuously die over and over again attempting to get it. Afterwards Guild promotions are handed out based on who gets named in specific PVP-Forum complaints!

I have never once played in a group with a couple of friends for fun, just joking around, or ever lost in a group for that matter.

Pretty much Premade players are vicious bullies who purposefully ruin the fun of casual players, who are incidentally also more than capable of winning every WZ they enter if not for those Premades who need to be segregated somewhere they are never seen again!

Seriously....ban Tanks and Healers from War Zones? Deny people playing an MMO the ability to just jump into a War Zone because they have friend who play with them? Characterize all groups as specifically playing for grief only?

If I were to believe the forums the only reason two people get together and refuse to assemble a random Ranked Group and instead play in Regular Zones is because they are poison-dripping fanged evil-doers out to ruin the innocent fun of the casual PVPer...:rolleyes:

Answer honestly.

No, the premades wont rage like the pugs are actualy doing

You don't get any ranked comms for unranked matches now, unless you mean remove the trade in feature, which is kinda crappy as it is anyway at 3-1. You lose against a pre-made and it's so bad you only manage 3 medals or whatever for 45 coms, that's like 15 ranked comms.... BFD.

Or if that's the case, then no higher than WH gear in unranked matches.

^^^Though, for the record, I don't have a problem with 4 man premades in unranked as a pugger myself. It goes both ways as sometimes you get a 4 man on your team. It's really just the luck of the draw. If anything I would rather see better matchmaking rather than punishing groups. Some script BW could implement that would try to fill in one 4 man on each side first if available...or something along those lines.

Wrong you get them after you finish daily and weekly.

Looking at how some premade players are responding every time the issue is brought up I'd say yes. They've time and time again manifested that they're not interested in sportmanship.

That said, the crappy premades would be even more upset because they would get rolled in every game.

Hence, it would only move the problem from one group, pugs, to another, bad premades, if they were to implement such a system. Now, i think they should add such a filter to MM but I think it has to come with some form of average team rating and x-server to support that there will be rotation between who people get to play. Otherwise we'd end up in a situation similar to rateds where some teams, good teams, fear the even better teams and don't queue at all in fear of losing too big.

We don't bring up the issue until the pugs keep crying. There are 3 post about this from pugs.

Why do we run Premades?

Two reasons: I have friends who want to play with me and I like to play with skilled players.

An active Grouped Queue that matches groups of 2-4 together would be awesome, unfortunately the servers lack the population to support it at the moment.