SWTOR graphics are terrible!! any help??

lolbsterjelly

can anyone tell me why this game's graphics are total crap? texture resolution is crappy as hell, and most things in the background flicker. im stoked about this game, but it looks like crap! i have an nvidia gtx 460 video card. do i need to upgrade to make swtor look acceptable? wow looks perfect. but swtor looks like crap. just updated drivers n everything. looks bad. any help??

Seriously, is this how far people would go to cover up obvious faults present in the game? Go get a 580?

460 is still a respectable card, and SWTOR needs to look acceptable in cards around that range.

To OP, a lot of graphics options that were previously available in beta are currently locked (hidden), for reasons unknown.

Currently there are no high res texture in game for some reason. When u go to a cut scene u get to see the high res textures but not while playing. We dont know why Bioware decided to do this. There is also no AA for some reason.

We are hoping for high res textures soon. Right now some armor and enviroment textures look worse then KOTOR IMO.

INB4 its an MMO if u like grpahics this is the wrong game for u

INB4 Graphics are like this so more people can play

and my favorite: INB4 you want better graphics so the game is a laggy mess?

edit: OP dont get a new anything 460 can max this game right now easily.

Edited by Toweleeeie

Lol telling someone with a 460 to go upgrade. Best thread ever.

Game looks like it's straight from 2006 and a 460 gets decent framerates in any of the years best looking games (bf3/witcher2).

Edited by Skeelol

textures somewhat bugged, but your rig is old.

time to spend some money.

All he posted was his card, you cant determine the rig is old just by that. And its not a old card either. I have a 260 and runs any game great.

get a better computer

Oh lord. :rolleyes:

All he posted was his card, you cant determine the rig is old just by that. And its not a old card either. I have a 260 and runs any game great.

He wasn't even talking about how the game runs, but how it looks.

Sadly yes, it looks like it came straight outta 2006 and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Edited by Skeelol

can anyone tell me why this game's graphics are total crap? texture resolution is crappy as hell, and most things in the background flicker. im stoked about this game, but it looks like crap! i have an nvidia gtx 460 video card. do i need to upgrade to make swtor look acceptable? wow looks perfect. but swtor looks like crap. just updated drivers n everything. looks bad. any help??

There is your problem. ;)

Oh lord. :rolleyes:

He wasn't even talking about how the game runs, but how it looks.

Sadly yes, it looks like it came straight outta 2006 and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Because graphics are the most important thing. No..just no. The game looks great, what do you expect top of the line? Its an art style.

Edited by Jaick

Because graphics are the most important thing. No..just no. The game looks great, what do you expect top of the line? Its an art style.

Noone said they are the most important thing. OP just asked a question and got trolled or simply replied to by people who don't know any better.

He's compaining of screen flicker, sounds like a driver issue or somethings getting logjammed on the way to the gpu and can't keep up.

I just replaced my cheap 70$ card but it ran fine on lower settings, which still looked better than wow, imo.

We are not talking about art style, i like the art style.

Its the Aesthetics we are talking about. The textures on most things are so bad, like 2006 bad. KOTOR 2 had better textures.

We are not talking about art style, i like the art style.

Its the Aesthetics we are talking about. The textures on most things are so bad, like 2006 bad. KOTOR 2 had better textures.

I couldn't disagree more.

Edited by Jaick