So when is the sound situation going to be addressed

Gifts

So its been a good month or so since this problem has arrived. I believe it was introduced in patch 1.2 but dont quote me on that . I had originally planned to ignore it thinking that it would b fixed by now. Evidently thats not the case. Also this is not just a problem I experience Ive asked others in my guild and they have the same problem. If someone has already found an answer to this huge irritation I would greatly appreciate an answer. Anyway after a few wz couldnt tell u specificlly how many the sound pretty much dies out and all u hear is electricity for the most part.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have been doing a good job fixing the sound issues since they broke what ever is causing them, the fleet and speeder sounds are better but I still have problems with some cut scenes, I dont pvp much anymore so I dont know how the warzones are but they were bad at times.

they have addressed it and said they are working on it, I know it has made it on to some patch notes but you may be speaking about a particular bug. it seems to be one of those bugs that has alot of factors that trigger it and the devs are narrowing down the causes. but it still is annoying and can ruin the gameplay if its durring a cut scene

Edited by Vis-Tecum

yeah once the sound issue happens u cant hear any of the cut scenes and it really is important during pvp. u cant hear when a stealth is near or when someone has did an objective. But i appreciate the comments.

Yeah for myself it's bad during warzones.

Huttball seems to mess up the most. The crowd noises disappear. Voices, and other important skill noises lock out. And in severe cases many of my spells are muted. Very annoying as hearing a pacific noise instantly triggers me to push certain skills in an instant to counter, such as that skull cracking sound. " out crap here come an operative out of stealth and he just cracked my noggin".

In general though it happens everywhere and is quite severe as everyone knows.

Well, I had none of the original sound-issues but now I have a lot of non existing sounds, like missing speeder sounds, fights going completly without sounds suddenly...the cantina-music got so quiet that I can barely hear it anymore...I spent quite some jukebox tokens pre 1.2, because it was fun for me listening to all the different songs...

So for me the "Fix" Bioware did made it much worse. But I won't complain, I'm still enjoying the game...:p

Yeah this problem has gone on for a ridiculously long time, it's quite simple, they need to revert to the 1.1.5 sound engine, it may have had issues with ambient sounds/speeders/lightsaber sounds cutting out after a while and then kicking back in, but at least vocal sounds worked consistently, which is a LOT MORE important in a game touting amazing voice acting at every step.

i'm not really sure at what point it starts happening to me. but at first i thought it was something to do with pvp. but i played today and it happened without me touching pvp. i thought it was my graphics card over heating (the nvidia hd audio and such with the graphics card), but my temp was fine.

would be nice if i could at least know how to prevent the bug :confused:

Hello everyone! We thought you'd be interested in knowing that Live Community Coordinator Amber Green has commented on the sound issues you are speaking of.

Since 1.2, we have been monitoring the threads about sound issues carefully. However, the problem is not isolated to one or even a few individual bugs. Rather, there have been multiple (sometimes overlapping) problems - some with similar symptoms. Thus far, we’ve been able to address several of the prominent issues like the “jet engine” and other loud noise on the fleet (1.2.0c, 1.2.1 ) and sounds stacking when getting multiple PvP medals (1.2.2), and we haven’t stopped working on fixes for other issues that you’re seeing, such as sound that “crackles” or losing sound gradually and/or randomly.

Your reports surrounding issues are always helpful when they’re ongoing and/or complex (and when they’re not!), so please don’t hesitate to add information and details to existing threads if you are seeing problems. Thanks for all of the details and information you’ve already given! o/’’\o

I still have sound issue regarding companion speech. This occured when they turnesd on the surround sound I think. All it needs is a checkbox to turn it off and it'll fix it. Funny enough, the fleet sound bug occured at just about the same time.

We need that damn checkbox... Should they ever get around to do that.

So its been a good month or so since this problem has arrived. I believe it was introduced in patch 1.2 but dont quote me on that . I had originally planned to ignore it thinking that it would b fixed by now. Evidently thats not the case. Also this is not just a problem I experience Ive asked others in my guild and they have the same problem. If someone has already found an answer to this huge irritation I would greatly appreciate an answer. Anyway after a few wz couldnt tell u specificlly how many the sound pretty much dies out and all u hear is electricity for the most part.

It is being addressed, several fixes have already gone in and will continue to go in as the sound problem isn't just one, or even a few, things.

Sound troubles are aweful specially in warzones, where all you get is this silly static buzz. While in the other wz it is just annoying, during huttball it really hinders your gameplay because you dont know when someone kills the ballcarrier or when someone scores. You have to keep looking at the score to make sure your team still keeps the ball while you run to position yourself ahead to wait for a pass.

yeah once the sound issue happens u cant hear any of the cut scenes and it really is important during pvp. u cant hear when a stealth is near or when someone has did an objective. But i appreciate the comments.

I never had this bug until last night. Completely ruined the cut scenes on my class story line as I could not hear anything and I do not have subtitles enabled so I completely missed whatever was said. I hope they can fix this soon.

This is driving me ... BATTY. I have to turn the sound off and put music on. Which kinda ruins the experience.

I find lightsaber sounds cutting in and out, which is one of the most annoying things. Also lightning sticking around which hurts my ears.

After some experimentation with volume I found that sometimes I can hear something if I turn the volume RIGHT up. (don't do this with headphones) also, when you move the camera right out sometimes the sound borks itself.

I think there might be a problem with sound channels, and/or perhaps the proximity of the character in relation to where your camera is. Perhaps the volume of a sound channel setting itself to 0 for some reason.

Just speculation though, but every week I pray for a fix to this and it never comes. Here's hoping for next week.

Yeah most of the time the game sounds "empty" for me.. like there's some sounds missing half of the time and I can rarely hear any game music. I also can't hear the dialogue in class quests but this doesn't happen very often though.

Most in my guild have decided the main issue is with one of the explosion sounds most often when we group with a commando but probably used elsewhere too.

Maybe the other sound issues were just simple fixes so got addressed first, but the sound drop out is a huge issue and seems to affect everyone that I have come accross. Just wish it was a higher priority since many of us are tired of having to restart the game to fix it.

The other issues like the jet engine noise was only really noticeable if the main sound bug (can't hear cut scenes, self buff makes no sound, warzone warning sounds stop functioning, most of the voiceovers for warzones go silent) was acting up at the time.