Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So um, Khem Val did ANYONE romance him?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So um, Khem Val did ANYONE romance him?

Zehal
02.13.2020 , 09:12 PM | #1
I mean like why did the Devs even added that option, knowing full well almost no one would romance the homicidal beast. (At least most players I talk to in-game just laughs at me mentioning it and none I met romance it)

Unless they have a surprise development on that in the future...

What do you guys think?

Are the writers gonna pull twisted beauty and the beast and turn him male humanoid as a side effect of Zash sorcery? Or bring back Zash as a romance companion after she tried multiple times to kill you? You think Zash will pull another trick to switch with your body, one last time after the Nathema incident?

How many of you romance Khem Val?

I romance him only because I want to see were it leads if anywhere...AM I alone on this? lol

SteveTheCynic
02.16.2020 , 02:49 AM | #2
I'm just speculating here, with no hard evidence to back it up.

It's entirely possible that they put it in because lots of players, over the years, have asked for it.

(OK, the part after "because" isn't speculating. Just search the forums for it.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Zehal
02.16.2020 , 11:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I'm just speculating here, with no hard evidence to back it up.

It's entirely possible that they put it in because lots of players, over the years, have asked for it.

(OK, the part after "because" isn't speculating. Just search the forums for it.)
Of course... so most likely the romance leads nowhere... for now at least. I think I must be like 1%of does players who ask for that...however I remember that most players where just asking to romance Zach... hmmm I can't remember its been a long time.

Oh well, I guess the only relevant growing romances in almost every expansion are Lana and Theron...I think.
Thanks for the info Steve as always...
Ill just keep experimenting with the romances as it seems that most are not relevant in anyway beyond an e-mail or if your lucky a few cinematic or off screen dialog. Ill have to RPG hardcore in my head if I want to be invested in them...Or if any NPC grows on me as the main story progress, haha lol
See ya in game!

Brialis
02.17.2020 , 08:30 AM | #4
I did! And not just out of curiosity.

My inquisitor is a depraved power hungry rattataki psycho (think Kaliyo's evil twin), and Andronikos always seemed like he's too nice for her. All the other romanceable dudes in the game are light side leaning as well. So when I saw that Khem has a flirt option, I was like YES! She finally found her soulmate! Curious to see where it goes.

Zehal
02.17.2020 , 11:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Brialis View Post
I did! And not just out of curiosity.

My inquisitor is a depraved power hungry rattataki psycho (think Kaliyo's evil twin), and Andronikos always seemed like he's too nice for her. All the other romanceable dudes in the game are light side leaning as well. So when I saw that Khem has a flirt option, I was like YES! She finally found her soulmate! Curious to see where it goes.
Yay, I'm not alone in this! I'm so curious to see where it leads too... I sometimes like to think that the devs have a special surprise for this romance... I mean come on, THEY knew it would NOT be the most popular, there has to be more to this romance that meets the eye... or at least I like to think so. Its to much to hope for but can you imagine we get a unique new kissable Big/strong humanoid model after he finishes the death ritual to give himself to us like he said in an e-mail? *blush* Oh gosh.....
Or its Zash again trying a take our body like Valkorion though I imagine it will go very bad for her at this point since the Inquisitor has grown in power a lot since and is an expert against such assaults at this point (specially Darth Nox known as the "Death Devour" or Darth Imperious with his impenetrable "mind defenses")... Oh well I love this games stories, I'm sure Ill love anything the devs creative minds give us! haha lol

Thanks for taking the time and post your thoughts on this! Hopefully we will see each other in game!

eabevella
02.18.2020 , 01:16 AM | #6
I rolled a SI just to romance Khem so ummm yes he's nice?