One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For $10 you get a new planet, 8 different storyline, and new patches that would probably ad flashpoints and ops onto it, is that too expensive to people? The amount of lore they put into this exp is likely more than a WoW expansion could afford, consider it's one for each class.

It's NOT going to be 8 different storylines. It was already confirmed in dev tracker that the new planet is just a planet storyline. That means 2 basic quests, one for imps and one for pubs. Get your story straight about what you're paying for before you tell us we're overreacting.

Not to mention, it's STILL not about the money, it's about what we were told and then the Hickman Effect.

For $10 you get a new planet, 8 different storyline, and new patches that would probably ad flashpoints and ops onto it, is that too expensive to people? The amount of lore they put into this exp is likely more than a WoW expansion could afford, consider it's one for each class.

If you are going to bring WoW into your argument then I'll make a comparison for you. Makeb is nothing more than Isle of Quel'Danas. That zone had a new instance and a new raid and dailies and guess what? No additional cost to subscribers, just added content in a patch.

it's STILL not about the money, it's about what we were told

And you were told again that they've changed their minds........ before this expansion was announced, yet suddenly people act as if this came as a complete surprise, unless you haven't been reading the forums at the right time that is. But even if that's the case, what do you want from them, a personal phonecall with an apology?

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

level increases? Its an expansion. Ten dollars is for a small expansion.

Seems that the universe is in harmony and the sky will not fall today. ;p

level increases? Its an expansion. Ten dollars is for a small expansion.

Seems that the universe is in harmony and the sky will not fall today. ;p

So if I add 10lvl to your favorite MMO, and a single short quest with enough xp to make those lvl, can I charge 10$ for it ?

I should have work in a videogame company !

If you are going to bring WoW into your argument then I'll make a comparison for you.

Does the expansion pack raise the level cap?

If so, it costs money. Just like in WoW, the game this game is modeled after. And Everquest, the game WoW was modeled after.

Added levels cost money in these style games.

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

In most MMOs its a single island that is the expansion or other little land mass. I'll wait and see what this planet is like before judging it

OP,

...just hurry up and wait on this one.

The Maya tried looking into calendar dates that they didn't have all of the data for. We all know how well that turned out.

...or do we?!?

Edited by AboB

OR

RotW: Kashyyyk + Kashyyyk Space

ToOW: Mustafar + NGE + mass refunds

Let's not forget that part of ToOW. :rolleyes:

Fair enough.

JTL was an expantion and worth every penny, didnt help swg much though did it.

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. JtL is what EVERY MMO expansion should be: New mechanics and new elements for players to enjoy. JtL literally added a whole new game to SWG. To date, I've yet to see a single expansion match its content.

People will always whine it seems.

For all we know it be one planet, the new race plus a few new skills for the level cap increase thats pretty stander even when everquest 2 did some expansions all it was sometimes was just a new dungeon and a few cmore quests, or just a zone of floating isles.

So OP where do you get that this isn't normal for expanding a game?

Anyone else already pre-order kinda feel bad for f2p people they are going have to pay ten dollars more.

Edited by Talosred

SWTOR: 1 new planet, 5 new levels

WoW: 1 new continent, 5 new levels

Umm... You were saying?

you forgot, wow: 1 new continent, multiple zones, new races, new crafting skills, new talent trees, new battle grounds, new raids, new dungeons, new starting zone. should i go on.

For all we know it be one planet, the new race plus a few new skills for the level cap increase thats pretty stander even when everquest 2 did some expansions all it was sometimes was just a new dungeon and a few cmore quests, or just a zone of floating isles.

I agree. Players have asked for swoop/pod races for a while now. Those would be a welcome addition, as would additional Skill Points to purchase more Skills.