Is this a cruel joke? - Character Transfers

FurryGenesis

Really? A service premiers that people have been requesting for months...that's needed in direct response to BioWare's own reaction to how busy their servers were at launch...and they premier it on only TEN out of 120 servers? And even then, it's only PvE and PvP servers?

I am seriously pissed off that BioWare has made such a mockery of it's customer's requests. This is ridiculous. And I won't even get into the fact that none of the RP servers, which are just as desolate as most of the rest, didn't even get any attention from BioWare. This is absolutely, beyond a doubt, the stupidest thing I have seen BioWare do to date.

I sincerely hope there's at least one or two people as pissed off as I am about this. After throwing out Character Transfers and making such a huge deal out of it...what it has actually turned into is yet another joke about how little BioWare understands or knows about the MMO game.

And BioWare...just in case you didn't get the memo...you're losing it. Quickly.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? A service premiers that people have been requesting for months...that's needed in direct response to BioWare's own reaction to how busy their servers were at launch...and they premier it on only TEN out of 120 servers? And even then, it's only PvE and PvP servers?

I am seriously pissed off that BioWare has made such a mockery of it's customer's requests. This is ridiculous. And I won't even get into the fact that none of the RP servers, which are just as desolate as most of the rest, didn't even get any attention from BioWare. This is absolutely, beyond a doubt, the stupidest thing I have seen BioWare do to date.

I sincerely hope there's at least one or two people as pissed off as I am about this. After throwing out Character Transfers and making such a huge deal out of it...what it has actually turned into is yet another joke about how little BioWare understands or knows about the MMO game.

I'm pissed to but this is just TO START. I am betting they will do transfers in waves like ten at a time like you are currently seeing. Be patient and wait for final judgement until they say free transfers are done.

please say they are rolling out more and more suvers to this list as the day goes on , if not bioware have truly mucked up 1's again, suvers are dead to the point the game is no longer playable for people properly , and if they do not make mroe suvers avalible to transfer , from they will lose alot of people who feel cheated ..... from this experiance again ..... please dont fail bioware keep adding to the list today or the game will probly not survive the back lash from this huge fail .............. as for if its a test its not hard to make an acount and do tests beforeu role it out on a dummy acount or mutiple dummy acounts .... Edited by kanare

please say they are rolling out more and more suvers to this list as the day goes on , if not bioware have truly mucked up 1's again, suvers are dead to the point the game is no longer playable for people properly , and if they do not make mroe suvers avalible to transfer , from they will lose alot of people who feel cheated ..... from this experiance again ..... please dont fail bioware keep adding to the list today or the game will probly not survive the back lash from this huge fail ..............

Nowhere in their post does it say "more later today". It actually states to check back in "the coming days".

What the hell Bioware. Why couldn't they give us the name of the servers that were going to be able to transfer first? I took a day off work thinking I was going to be able to transfer. How hard could it be to simply list the 4 freaking NA servers that were going to get transfers a week in advance. Seriously, there better be more severs allowed to transfer before the day is up.

I am quite happy that BW took just a couple of servers to begin with. Had they thrown everyone into the mix all at once (or even just a larger group of servers on day one) ...... and things started to "bug out"..... all these whiners would then REALLY have a case for whining. As it is, all of you should be thankful that you are not the guinea pigs - JUST IN CASE something goes wrong. We are ALL in a hurry to get to a more populated server, to include myself. But NOT at the cost of something going terribly wrong with my character transfer! So be patient, all of our times will come and before you know it groups and pvp q's will be popping. ;)

I do have one question though if someone out there has an answer. The majority of servers listed on TOR server status are listed as .98 population. Thinking surely there is a "more" broken down stat showing some difference in those servers. Is there a link to see a bigger swing in pops than .98?

Edited by SiThEnErGyFoRcE

I would imagine that there IS logic to this implementation process.

Awww, you're wishing bad things for me in the future? Now that isn't very nice :confused:

No I wasn't wishing bad things, I hope you have a populated server that you enjoy. Me on the other hand will have no fun, i'm bitter because I enjoy the game but hate BioWare. I apologize, I'm just mad. lol

Edited by CaptFalc

No I wasn't wishing bad things, I hope you have a populated server that you enjoy. Me on the other hand will have no fun, i'm bitter because I enjoy the game but hate BioWare.

I can't take away your bitterness, I would if I could. Maybe a /hug will help some :)

well my complaint, why would you transfer people to an already super heavy server ie fatman? it's not even april first and they pulling jokes. So this leads me to believe the server my mains are on will be forced to fatman as well. I will not pay to sit in a queue to even play. Good luck with that CRAP.

well my complaint, why would you transfer people to an already super heavy server ie fatman? it's not even april first and they pulling jokes. So this leads me to believe the server my mains are on will be forced to fatman as well. I will not pay to sit in a queue to even play. Good luck with that CRAP.

I'm guessing they're raising the overall server capacities. And it does make sense they will fill up the most heavily populated servers first (Tomb of Freedon Nadd is also a destination for the first transfers), because they can drop them from the list of servers to populate then.

I'm guessing they're raising the overall server capacities. And it does make sense they will fill up the most heavily populated servers first (Tomb of Freedon Nadd is also a destination for the first transfers), because they can drop them from the list of servers to populate then.

Than why haven't they done it.. Sitting in a queue to play a pay per month game is an ideal fix? I think not. Fatman has had queue times forever.

Than why haven't they done it.. Sitting in a queue to play a pay per month game is an ideal fix? I think not. Fatman has had queue times forever.

Another speculation, but BW might take into account the fact that rerollers on Fatman who's original servers have become an origin/destination server may go back to play their original chars, and the population on Fatmay may drop because of that. Like I said, just speculating here :) And the raise in server capacity might only now, with the character transfers kicking in, be implemented...

Edited by Sauska