Guardian Droid in 'A traitor among the Chiss' Flashpoint

MrParrcheezy

Okay, I've working through the A Traitor Among the Chiss FP on Solo-Story mode and everything is going fine until I get to the first Boss, which is the Guardian Droid.

Now everything I've searched concerning this says to ignore the droids and just attack the boss outright. However everytime I do this, I barely get 10% of it's health shaved off before I get killed off.

If I do run around and target the droids, then I get the boss down to 20% before it's lasers kill me.

Now if there is a way to beat that giant pile of scrap, then please tell me!

Okay, I've working through the A Traitor Among the Chiss FP on Solo-Story mode and everything is going fine until I get to the first Boss, which is the Guardian Droid.

Now everything I've searched concerning this says to ignore the droids and just attack the boss outright. However everytime I do this, I barely get 10% of it's health shaved off before I get killed off.

If I do run around and target the droids, then I get the boss down to 20% before it's lasers kill me.

Are you sure you're on solo mode, and do you have the bot?

If you're in the right mode then you'll have Temple as a companion. No combat droid in story/solo mode, but you do thave the koltos you can run through.

Put temple on heals and use the koltos.

You could also try doing the mechanics. Kill the security droids asap when they spawn. Either ignore the tank droids, or kill one tank droid (leaving 3 tank droids standing) so you have a spot to run to during the big yellow aoe stage.

Hm, I solo this on a regular basis, depending on my character I use different methods. The biggest thing for many of them is to get out of the AoE's. With my ranged toons this isn't an issue because I can kite and shoot at the same time. With my melee it generally means I take little breaks from attacking to avoid the AoE, then it's right back in there.

Most of my toons are in 306 gear and I have all the different heroic moment moves unlocked so I don't have to worry about the adds much. However, if your gear isn't great and you don't have all of those heroic moment moves I would recommend getting the adds when they appear. That helped me a lot when I was first running the fp. Also, check your companion's influence, get them some gifts if it's low.

Hm, I solo this on a regular basis, depending on my character I use different methods. The biggest thing for many of them is to get out of the AoE's. With my ranged toons this isn't an issue because I can kite and shoot at the same time. With my melee it generally means I take little breaks from attacking to avoid the AoE, then it's right back in there.

Most of my toons are in 306 gear and I have all the different heroic moment moves unlocked so I don't have to worry about the adds much. However, if your gear isn't great and you don't have all of those heroic moment moves I would recommend getting the adds when they appear. That helped me a lot when I was first running the fp. Also, check your companion's influence, get them some gifts if it's low.

Same, and I never needed 306s [or even 240s] or to raise Temple's rank. Avoid the aoe and activate the ring whenever it lights up. Activate heroic moment if you have it and Unity. I remember dying the first time I did this but paying attention to the mechanics certainly helps.

Same, and I never needed 306s [or even 240s] or to raise Temple's rank. Avoid the aoe and activate the ring whenever it lights up. Activate heroic moment if you have it and Unity. I remember dying the first time I did this but paying attention to the mechanics certainly helps.

Yeah, I've been able to solo it long before my 306 gear, but I felt it was important to mention it in the spirit of full disclosure. The other suggestions are just things that might help the OP. Biggest thing is to get out of the AoE's. My tankier characters can stay in them a bit longer, but my main is a marksmanship sniper and she's a bit of a glass canon.

The trick is to set companion on hear, and avoid that red cone shape fire aoe in the early stage. That one deals HUGE damage to new toon with low level gears that can't be compensated by low level Temple.

Run away from aoe in later stages, kill a few guardian droids while you're away from the boos, could be tricky when using a melee toon (so much running), but you gotta learn to avoid aoe circles at one point.

I recently did that FP on [sTORY] a bunch of times, on a scrapper scoundrel and on a deception assassin, and I'd been wondering whether the FP had been nerfed or whether I'd just never done it on a character in BiS gear before. I fought all bosses as dps with dps companion, and ripped through them very quickly and easily, never having to use the heal thingies. I'd use my defensive cooldowns, but I'd end up burning that first boss down without ever dropping as low as 75% health myself, without any healing.

Now.. I'm an experienced player wearing BiS gear, and I'm not the type to think that because I can do something, everyone else should also be able to, but if you're dying when you're only 10% into its health.. that sounds pretty crazy to me.

In Master Mode we generally kill off the smaller droids and ignore the tank droids, but I was able to completely ignore all the droids in story mode, so I'm not sure whether that's any sort of relevant in that mode.

Aside from burning the boss as fast as possible, the only things to note that I do is.. stay out of bad, pop a cooldown when that laser attack hits. Doing those.. I'd take barely any damage at all.

I've beat the flashpoint on all classes, and I don't consider myself a skilled player. What works for me is to focus your damage on the boss, but kill the security droids when they spawn, as they can do some noticeable damage. Tank droids you can ignore completely though, and I'm assuming your companion is set to heal, and you're constantly on the move when the big aoe attacks start up? I also had a rough time the first time I faced that boss, but once you find the right strategy, it become a simple fight. Hope that helps a bit and good luck.

Now everything I've searched concerning this says to ignore the droids and just attack the boss outright. However everytime I do this, I barely get 10% of it's health shaved off before I get killed.

I'm not sure if I've ever done that in solo mode, but in veteran (group) mode what seems to work best is to kill the Security droids asap, but ignore the Tank droids. That's because the security droids do enough damage to cause problems, but the Tank droids don't. During the Tank phase you mostly just need to avoid AoE circles.

Ignore just the tank droids, not the other ones.

Also, bring enough gifts to make Temple influence 20 or higher. It helps.

And use the kolto stations as others said.

Micro-managing your companion (Temple) could be a thing when it comes to damage templates if she dies from them but rushing to kolto stations also does the trick. Guard her if you have a guard.

• 3 years later...

This is another battle that took me over an hour to endeavor repeatedly, due to the fact that the blasted droid nuked me to a crisp once all the little droids around it reared their ugly heads.    I DID end up annihilating all those pesky buggers first, because I found out that is the way that shields best from getting all your health drained out of you, and keeps it more consistently even.

The trick here is to KEEP MOVING like Evander Holyfield dodging Mike Tyson. The minute I stayed stationery I kept dying repeatedly.  Once I made my way around the floor and up and down the ramp in a clockwork fashion, I made much more progress. The toughest part is when it starts wigging out and spinning around, you can’t see your target for all the electrical fury going on. It was at that point I kept watching my health bar and my proximity to the Koltos healers to keep me alive.

Like Aric Jorgen said “On Your Feet!”  It was a workout.