Crew mission materials clogging up inventory theres got to be a better way ..

obydon

I find that the crew mission material popups are a pain . Why not either have the crew deposit your mats in your cargo hold or Implement a tab similar to send crew member to sell low quality items . Something like send crew member to deposit crafting mats in cargo hold .

I like to have crew run missions while im working on story and leveling and i find with all the different mats coming back my inventory gets loaded pretty quick . and the Inventory expansion slots are ridiculous in price if you take into consideration training costs and repairs if you get dead .

Just a thought that might be worth looking into .

I'd personally enjoy if when viewing your cargo bay you could right click your materials in your inventory and have them added to an existing stack in your cargo bay. Nothing is more annoying than finding out that you have 3-4 stacks of the same item then having to manually go through identify them(they all nearly look the same) then stack them yourself. I seriously do not see why this isn't in the game already, but I can hope for it the future.

Is it not possible to not collect the item your crew member brings to you and let it accumulate for a while until you have time to collect all crew mission rewards and can put them in your cargo bay?

I know that if you're not ready to accept a mission reward you can just close the window for now, go sell some stuff, then pull the window back up and accept it. Can you let those crew mission rewards pile up in that manner, thereby continuing with your business and not needing to collect the rewards till it's convenient?

I think I'm going to test this once I get on later today, send my crew member on 3 straight missions without collecting rewards and see if I can collect them all at once.

It makes no sense for crew members to magically deposit gathered items into your inventory.

They are on your ship. They go on a mission and return to the ship. It makes less sense for them to somehow teleport items to you whilst you are deep in an enemy base than for them to put them in the cargo hold of the ship they're standing on.

Ranting aside, this is a holdover from beta where your crew couldn't use crafting materials that were in your cargo hold. They were on the ship, the materials were on the ship, but they couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

Hopefully logic will prevail again and they change this.

The crafting/gathering materials returns are not as big an issue for me as the NON-STACKING of these things in your cargo hold. Really ugly having to spend the extra time checking and stacking items that already have a stack. Or it would be nice to just have a tab in your inventory for those items like the mission and currency tabs. Or these things going automatically into your cargo hold is not a bad idea either. But could someone please address the non-stacking issue at the least. Edited by Whodatt

I agree, there should be an option to have them bring the crew skills items back to your ship, as you can craft from there no problem.

Plus...WHY doesn't stuff auto stack when you right click to send them from inventory into your cargo hold...just a little gripe...

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with the suggestions above:

1) Crew mission rewards should be deposited into the hold.

2) Items placed into the hold via right-clicks should automatically stack.

I agree with this

Atm I have my cargo bay arranged and if i want to add anything, I withdraw the type of item im depositing because it stacks when its going to my inventory then i deposit it back all stacked together like that. It gets annoying though.

I don't see why crafting materials aren't just their own tab of items like mission/currency/inventory are all their own tab.

This is simply the best solution.

Also, someone mentioned crew skill rewards should be placed in the hold. No, they shouldn't. Crafting materials, yes (unless the new tab gets implemented), but I'd hate to have to go to my hold to fetch lockboxes, companion gifts and other non-crafting materials.

I agree completely on the autostacking.

Edited by Mordivius

• 1 year later...

-bump-

An extra tab is probably the most elegant solution.

I can't explain my frustration at running out of inventory space since I've always got a ton of crafting mats taking up slots. I'd like to be able to reverse engineer something crafted & put those mats back in the hold.

(Also wondering if this should be in the suggestion box forum)

Edited by Rockula

I agree, having crew deposit mats directly in the cargo hold would be nice. But what about the mats you gather in the field? From reverse engineering? Or that you actually want on you for one reason or another (sharing in a fp for instance).

But I really like the idea of sending a companion back to the ship with all of the mats flagged on the GTN as crafting mats. I think it would be better to have a longer cooldown so you won't just swap companions back and forth. Obviously shorter for subs.

On the other hand, what if they allowed you to mail mats to yourself? Anything you send to your current character is retrieved by that lazy ship droid. Perhaps you have to first unlock the ships mailbox.

My guess is that if the crew deposited mats in any location (personal inventory or cargo hold) without you first having to manually accept the rewards, would lead to more people botting their crafting toons for mats while afk from the game.

It would be pretty simple to setup to run all missions in the window every so many minutes. But with the current system, you have to take the rewards first before it will let you end that crew member back on another mission. Its further complicated by the mission window accept button being in different locations based on success or failure.

I have no idea if this was at all a reason for the game design, but it makes some kind of sense to me when I look at it that way at least.

but no matter how it's implemented, it leads to the same result... sooner or later you're gonna need to spend the time organizing your cargo hold, as long as there is a stack limit. Play long enough, and the slots get filled.

If inventory slots are expensive to you, then you haven't bought additional cargo bays yet.

plus this auto-deposit, I still need some method of counting what mats I have, to know what missions I may need to run...

I don't disagree with points made in this post, I just see cons created with this suggested solution.

I personally second that,

Not EA though. They need to sell Cartel coins to F2P players for inventories and bank slots. Anything that is a convience for paying subscribers loses them money. In other words they don't give a damn about your suggestions.

Plus...WHY doesn't stuff auto stack when you right click to send them from inventory into your cargo hold...just a little gripe...

Mats do auto stack when right clicked to put them in the cargo hold from inventory. They will stack to 99 then begin a new stack