Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Halinalle
08.02.2014 , 07:58 AM | #4211
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorial View Post
Yeah... as i wrote:
'Me: forget charged bolt then and use grav round instead when full auto and high impact bolt is on cooldown'
Add Demo Round and Plasma 'nade to that list.

Even Electro Net has higher priority than Grav in your rotation at level 51+.

Dorial
08.02.2014 , 08:13 AM | #4212
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Add Demo Round and Plasma 'nade to that list.

Even Electro Net has higher priority than Grav in your rotation at level 51+.
It was a lvl 40 flashpoint... you dont have electro net and demo round at that point. and plasma grenade is kinda only effective with reserve powercell (which can be trained at lvl42) on single target, otherwise eats up your ammo.
All the /w were during the boss fight btw, i didnt want to train him to a top raider, only point him to the right direction, which it seems i managed and im happy with that.

thewitchdoctor
08.02.2014 , 08:24 AM | #4213
So ... what exactly is the rotation for a 'DPS PT' supposed to look like? (I have only tanked with mine).

'Cause I just did a HMFP with one and it looked a lot like Auto Shot Central. I rarely saw flame thrower or flame burst being used. Heck, rarely saw DFA. And, although he was no where close to taking aggro (I was the other DPS), he used flares on CD. (Names may be off, I have been drinking). Gear was good, too. All 168 or 180 pieces with all the right stats.

He also followed BFJ's favourite kill order: boss only.

Oh well. We still got it done with no wipes.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.

Halinalle
08.02.2014 , 09:06 AM | #4214
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorial View Post
It was a lvl 40 flashpoint... you dont have electro net and demo round at that point. and plasma grenade is kinda only effective with reserve powercell (which can be trained at lvl42) on single target, otherwise eats up your ammo.
All the /w were during the boss fight btw, i didnt want to train him to a top raider, only point him to the right direction, which it seems i managed and im happy with that.
Still he would not do high dps if his rotation was:

FA -> Grav -> FA -> Grav -> Grav -> Grav -> FA etc.

Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
So ... what exactly is the rotation for a 'DPS PT' supposed to look like? (I have only tanked with mine).

'Cause I just did a HMFP with one and it looked a lot like Auto Shot Central. I rarely saw flame thrower or flame burst being used.
Middle tree? If yes, then that is indeed weird.
Pyro? If you're using flame thrower then you're doing it wrong.

Xakthul
08.02.2014 , 09:22 AM | #4215
Ooof.... PT rotations? I've only ever played PT Tank....

Rocket leap > Flame Sweep (x2, cause gen's no heat) > Rocket Punch > Flamethrower (for crowd control) > electro Dart and the AOE aggro gen (as needed) > lots and lots of railshot and autofire (the channeled one.. forgot what it's called) > grapplehook anything that's on the healer > AOE aggro gen anything that's on anybody but me > Kolto Overload (if the healer's bad)

That's just mine...
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Salakast
08.02.2014 , 10:26 AM | #4216
Depends on whether AP or Pyro...Basic rotations for both are in Dulfy's guide:

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/18/swtor-py...s-class-guide/

If AP you can tell if they know what they're doing by if they are pre-loading Prototype Flame Thrower with out of combat flame sweeps

BobFredJohn
08.02.2014 , 10:57 AM | #4217
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
He also followed BFJ's favourite kill order: boss only.
Lovely Jubly
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Halinalle
08.02.2014 , 11:05 AM | #4218
Quote: Originally Posted by Salakast View Post
If AP you can tell if they know what they're doing by if they are pre-loading Prototype Flame Thrower with out of combat flame sweeps
I didn't know that. I'm not that far in AP yet. I do Flame Sweeps even if I'm not in combat just because it's awesome, lol.

Ryuku-sama
08.02.2014 , 11:08 AM | #4219
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Actually he should spam Full Auto more than Grav Round. Grav Round only to refresh debuff and finish CD on Full Auto.
Eh... And build your stacks to buff HiB. So 3 Grav Round between each HiB.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

krakadyla
08.03.2014 , 01:11 AM | #4220
Ahem...while the discussion on Trooper rotations is way fresher than good ol' cyclical dead horse of "Dost thy Tank place thy Shield on thy Physician, thy DPS or where thy Sun shineth not", it still is a bit too long and not entertaining enough to belong here, don't you think?

On topic, although it's not quite weird, but cute -- in a couple past weeks, I encountered three characters that would open their rotations by tossing a snowball at the boss. Nothing improves the mood like seeing Malgus getting a face full of sparkly snow mid his pompous rant.