Getting Low FPS in PVP (Help please)

stuarthillier

Hi, I am experiencing low FPS in PVP, when inside a warzone the FPS will drop somewhere between 15-25 FPS almost 100% of the time, and in arenas there is a similar issue.

My computer specs are

Intel Quad Core - i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

8GB DDR5 RAM

AMD R9 280x 4GB

64 bit OS

I believe these specs should be more than enough to handle swtor PVP, I have tried other programs like SWTOR Unleashed and Razer Game booster but none of them seem to help. If you believe these specs are not good enough, what exactly do you think needs changing? Thanks alot for the help.

Word on the street is, the game is pretty intensive for a single core of your CPU, more cores do little to no good. Personally, I run my i5 2500K at 4.2 with a self contained water cooling kit, could easily go higher, but I just haven't. My typical WZ fps is in the 40s I think. I'm not really looking at it that often unless it is slow enough to cause me particular bother. At times, it drops into a slideshow for me during big battles with lots of effects, but is typically in the 30s at least IIRC.

If the CPU really is the bottleneck for this game, then no amount of RAM or uber vid card will help. I'm not sure how this helps you...I'm not saying you need to OC your chip. I'm just throwing out my experiences. If you don't have the 'K' version of the chip, the multiplier would be locked and you would not be able to OC anyway. Regarding i5 vs i7, there is no real difference from a gaming perspective (Hyper-Threading is not real useful in games).

A similar thread over in GD.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=821939