Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR is too hard for me

Bloodstealer
02.24.2012 , 05:35 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by MashTactics View Post
You can solo flashpoints and operations?

ASTOUNDING!
Yep some, is that so outstanding in a game with so much siding to solo questing... i wish it were more the other way round personally as I much prefer grp play.

With the obviouis lack of LFG on servers (not cross server), especially lower pop servers then your almost kind of forced to run solo... but many flashpoints / ops you just cant simply by design constraints (dual switches etc etc) rather than just too many big mobs at once. Like I said the more over lvl you run them the easier they become to the point where you simply just walk through them unscathed.. which iirc is 9+ lvls.

Of course if your not gearing up appropriately, not lvling your skills, using your companions, stims/heals effeciantly and when needed or simply making sure you set your UI out to help run your skill sequences effectively then sure any boss is gunna give you a problem, some players just cope better than others with the whole mechanics of it all.. thats not an ego trip statement, thats just fact... call it hand eye coordination, better equipment, better Lag conditions whateva.. its simply just a fact.

Me personally am an average joe player who enjoys the game for what it is, a game and the lvl of difficulty i think is fine and as I said not all of it, especially after lvl 30 ish is soloable outside of story but not unheard of because players learn to adapt and work things out... the challenge then is to beat the ensuing nerfs that often come in and force a change of tactics...
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX

Alianar
02.24.2012 , 05:41 AM | #42
Some may call OP a noob or a troll. I think he is not.

Boss encounters are easier for some classes while some classes have REALLY hard boss encounters.

Playing a bounty hunter : It mind numbing easy. H2+ have all been done solo.

Player a Jedi knight is not so easy : The boss who pretended to be Kira's brother and tried to bring her back to the emperor. Seriously you actually have to either die many times to find out the strat on your own or read the strat on the net. You have to use you kick and Force stasis well or you will die regardless of your gear.

All and all, i think that there is big lack of balance when it comes to story mode bosses depending on what class you play.

That being said, i managed to clean everything on my own even with my JK. I only died more often with my JK than i did with my BH because i actually had to elaborate a strategy to overcome my boss. While it was frustrating at times, i prefered thr difficulty of playing a Jedi knight. Made the boss wins much all the more satisfying.

Twuntage
02.24.2012 , 05:42 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by swcfrost View Post
All of my bosses (especially story mission bosses) are way too difficult to defeat for me and I often have to ask people for help. I have tried a few classes out and for all of them it is the same problem. Shouldn't people who want to play the game mostly by themselves be able to defeat bosses alone? Does anyone else have this problem?
I C WHAT U DID THERE!

Serious trolling
Twuntage Rakata hoe
Bloodtworthy PVP EU
16 man Nightmare EV/KP mode farmer
Not failing since 2005

Lethality
02.24.2012 , 05:47 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by swcfrost View Post
All of my bosses (especially story mission bosses) are way too difficult to defeat for me and I often have to ask people for help. I have tried a few classes out and for all of them it is the same problem. Shouldn't people who want to play the game mostly by themselves be able to defeat bosses alone? Does anyone else have this problem?
They are all entirely soloable... you have to make sure you use everything in your arsenal... gear upgrades, companions, cooldowns, buffs, whatever you have. Sometimes you have to do things a few times to get it right. Games aren't supposed to be a faceroll, and this is one area where BioWare got the tuning right.

On the other hand, can't tell if serious.
Interested in a Mac version of TOR? Show your support here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=683591

Alianar
02.24.2012 , 05:48 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Twuntage View Post
I C WHAT U DID THERE!

Serious trolling
I don't thing he is.

It all the depends of the class you play and what companion you have available at that time.

When you are a merc BH that can keep a boss away, dealing crazy dps, and have a first companion that is an outstanding healer. It's easy.

Play a JK that does not have a very burstly dps, not much cc or bump to reduce damage, and Kira that will most likely die 10-20 seconds once the fight starts. Not so easy.

Basicly it all comes down to one thing : your companion.

After level 25=30 you have a few companion to choose from so it get's better.

Morthe
02.24.2012 , 05:50 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
are you interupting? interupts make almost every class boss a joke. .
This!!!!!!

Kirameki
02.24.2012 , 05:53 AM | #47
Well I once had a boss that required either help or being few levels over the required level.

Spoiler

Some helpful tips when it does not work out

: Get your gear up to date, this also means the mods.
: Use stims, those can give you just the extra boost you need
: When a boss is popping some imba skill use stuns
: Kite, yes even as a melee if needed go kite. DoT , run Dot run..if that is what it takes then that is what it takes.
: Get your skills up to date (yes there are people that dont know that after lvl 10 you can upgrade, those people do excist :|)
: Upgrade your companions, they are not there for show.
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Referral linkfor you to get goodies and me my army of droids.
TwitterInstagram

NoxiousAlby
02.24.2012 , 05:54 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
I really hope your joking. Most of the bosses you fight in your class quests are easy for someone to just tank and spank. There are a few that make you actually do a little work but every class quest boss is soloable in quest/looted gear.

Champions can be soloed so killing an elite is a joke.
It very much depends on the class you are playing, from my own experience. The most difficult class I have found was the warrior class whereas the easiest was the inquisitor class.
I managed to solo every class boss on my warrior but the final confrontation did take 2 hrs of having to disect the fight and come up with answers.

RobCivicCRX
02.24.2012 , 06:01 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Twuntage View Post
I C WHAT U DID THERE!

Serious trolling
Oh I hope so, this is such a simple game that if people really have problems I fear the human race is doomed.

Lundli
02.24.2012 , 06:02 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxiousAlby View Post
It very much depends on the class you are playing, from my own experience. The most difficult class I have found was the warrior class whereas the easiest was the inquisitor class.
I managed to solo every class boss on my warrior but the final confrontation did take 2 hrs of having to disect the fight and come up with answers.
Indeed, I remember having issues with Lord Draagh (the lvl 50 version), but once I took a moment and understood what was really going on it was perfectly doable.. even easy.