How would you improve the GTN?

funkiestj

Obviously #1 on folks list is "fix the terrible search bugs in the GTN". Assuming that is fixed, how would you rate the following improvements:

1. combining markets across multiple servers. Classic market theory says bigger markets are better. This change could mean combining all GTNs for a category (PvE, PvP, RP) or some number of servers so that a target market population is reached.
  2. adding the ability to list "buy contracts" (e.g. "I am willing to buy <x> units of item <y> at price <z>"? Eve online has this and I think it is great! It makes it easier to get a window into market demand.
  3. <insert your great idea here>

Please rank and comment on #1 and #2 above along with making your own suggestions.

1. Fix bugs.

2. Sales History (last X sales of an item, both when buying or when selling.)

3. Price per item sort

4. More than 50 slots

5. Buy contracts (like that idea, especially considering how many different types of items one can make with the prefix system)

Edited by GnatB

Make the GTN an actual server wide selling point. I.e. when you list something it shows up on all Kiosks on the server, Imp or Reb.

When an item you want to sell expires have the option to relist it. SWG had this and it was very nice. When an item expired it went into the vendor storage. All you had to do was go to the storage, highlight an item (or all of em, depending on how many you had listed) and hit the relist button. Would save A LOT of time if you list many items.

Up the number of items you can list on the market.

all I can think of atm...

I would like to suggest they include features that are available in the WoW AH Mod, Auctionator. This is probably one of the most user-friendly AH interfaces that I have used in the different MMOs that I've played.

These features include the following:

• Being able to sort by price per item, so we can more easily see the cheapest group of items to buy
  • When displaying a searched item, group items that are the same price into one row, with the number of items available at that price displayed.
  • The inclusion of shopping lists, where you can store searches for related items in a group, and would allow for easier searching of items you need to produce a manufactured item.
  • When putting an item up to sell, check the prices on the same item already up on the GTN, and automatically suggest a price that undercuts by a specified amount, set by the user.
  • When putting up a stack of items to sell, provide the option to set the price per item rather than a total price for the entire stack, and have the GTN automatically calculate the total price.
  • Provide a scan function of your current items up on the GTN, to see which items have been undercut. This feature is probably not that applicable in this particular game, due to the way that deposits work compared to other MMOs

Additionally, on the search tab, allow for dragging an item into the search field to populate it, rather than having to enter the name in manually. Finally, allow for more than 50 items to be placed up on the GTN, which i think a lot of people will want.

searches are still broken. For example trying to sell the aug 22 schematics my slicers get. I cant search for them to see what competition is selling them for. Even when I post mine search still turns up nothing even if I type the full name.

We need a sort by cost per item. I have no clue why thats not an option.

Also this is 2012 why the hell do I need a calculator to post stacks of auctions. Dont need one in WoW or Rift.

Edited by Dabrixmgp

Forgot one, not sure if it would be considered a bug or not, since it seems sort of intentional for some reason:

Fix the "sold item" message for stuff put up before server goes down but sells after server goes down so it isn't a generic message, but actually says what was sold.

And, in that same vein. When it actually does give the name, give the FULL name of the item, including the prefix.

Would be nice to have a simple way to price cheack your items.

much like you can link it in to chat just a method to click on an item in your invent and list the items currently for sale that match your item.

would be alot easier.

Wouldn't a cross-faction GTN be kinda bad, lore-wise. Maybe planet specific cross-faction GTN, like on Nar Shadaa?

I think having a cross server GTN would have market ramifications that we couldn't even predict. You are also assuming that the magical Bioware tech wizzards already have it in their hat to be able to do that, whereas it seems like it would be reeaaalllyyyy complicated to me.

I know it's really simple, but being able to TAB through options would help me a lot. Having to click everything gets annoying when I'm trying to set up sear parameters.

Other than that, it works just fine for me. I think having an automated undercut feature, or something that alerts you to someone else undercutting you is just kind of silly and pointless. And it also makes it so that people who aren't online constantly just plain lose.

Bug fixes would be awfully nice though.

I don't really have a problem with the way the GTN is currently set up if they would just fix the bugs. Some of the menu choices require you to select a rariity level when browsing but, as long as you know about it, it isn't a big deal. The worst part is that the filter doesn't work. I look for augments every couple of days and see a ton of Might augments listed. However, when I enter Might into the text box to filer the search results, almost of the Might augments appear:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4033/screenshot2012042216380.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6080/screenshot2012042216381.jpg

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Alot of items no longer show up if searching unless you choose the rarity from "any". Space equipment, mounts and companion gifts are just 3 of the items affected. Wish they would revert to "any" showing all.

I loved the idea of the contracts, this could really improve monetary income for crafting-lovers, also, I do think cross server GTN could be implemented, but the sinc of the trading would be a nigthmare, so, if someone could get a vote for, I'll vote CONTRACTS!!!!

-Contracts

-Larger # of trades possible at once

-Fully functioning search feature as broad as possible

-Price per item is okay, not needed by me (I usually don't buy in bulk on the GTN)

-Server-wide GTN (yeah, so imps and pubs can sell to each other... just say that the hutts took over the entire GTN and call it a day... it would save me from having to send items back and forth from my legacy- on servers where the ratio is upwards of 4 or 5:1, the other side has little incentive GTN-wise to populate if you can't buy simple gear/items from the low side)

-Create a more specific set of parameters when searching using the "usable by: Me, Companion, etc." tab (would fix the need for a primary stat-based search)

-Enable quick search/post features like auto-memory or quick reposting (from SWG sounds great and already something in BWs bag)

-Potentially longer GTN listing

-probably a mailbox issue, but stop having the inbox flip back to the top when I open any mail... I hate having to rescan my inbox to find where I was in my opening the 'Successful Item Sale' mail amongst all the "Item Expired" ones.

Things I love about the GTN:

-Undercutting overpricers

-Buying ahead for alts

-Kiosks free from exploding, plague-infested people.

Wouldn't a cross-faction GTN be kinda bad, lore-wise. Maybe planet specific cross-faction GTN, like on Nar Shadaa?

Cross faction GTN is coming "very soon", the Hutts are buying and combining the Imperial and Republic networks. From a practical standpoint, separate GTNs are pointless since people can mail stuff back and forth now.

Get rid of it and make it a consignment house where purchasers place orders for what they want. I am seeing the same behavior that I have seen in every other game where people break down item lots to maximize profit and to corner the market on goods. Mind you I haven't seen the gold spammers which is good but you still have people that think the are the next Trump trying to make as much game cash as they can which hurts the economy.

Supply side economics never works will never work and games like this just drive the point home. For an economy to work you need rules and regulation like any game, without them people will simply abuse the system. Make the economy demand side which is how real economies work and use the whole population both player and NPC to regulate abusive users.

Well that isn't fair, for those that want to play that way. We want an economy that works for everyone not the few, it is fair it removes abuse it limits currency sellers, and it allows demand to drive the market and players will get what they need because there will always be someone to sell it to them player or NPC.

I have another post which contains an high level over view on economics that I post shortly after the game released and I will be writing up the rest of what has been running around in my head now that I have ironed at some of the last bits.