(Warning: spoiler about FP The Foundry)

starwarsmarsian

He's not dead, or at least many people think he isn't, including me. There are several possibilities, he's learned to teleport, he was an apparition, or who knows what? He's probably not dead though, or there would be a body or something, maybe the developers want to do something that includes Revan in the future.

He's not dead, or at least many people think he isn't, including me. There are several possibilities, he's learned to teleport, he was an apparition, or who knows what? He's probably not dead though, or there would be a body or something, maybe the developers want to do something that includes Revan in the future.

Revan was a powerful force user so if he did die he should have became one with the force. And I imagine he's not at peace since the Emperor is still alive. So we may see him again.

Revan was a powerful force user so if he did die he should have became one with the force. And I imagine he's not at peace since the Emperor is still alive. So we may see him again.

Spoilers incoming******************

Jedi knight story the emperor dies. So that doesent add up.

Spoilers incoming******************

Jedi knight story the emperor dies. So that doesent add up.

Spoilers incoming, but I use a spoiler tag ^^

Jedi Knights don't kill the emperor, you kill the voice of the emperor... Said so in the warrior story.

Spoilers incoming, but I use a spoiler tag ^^

Jedi Knights don't kill the emperor, you kill the voice of the emperor... Said so in the warrior story.

Sorry didn't know how to do that :p but even though I feel as if Revan wouldn't be connected in the future with the emperor.

Revan isnt dead. He disappeared in a force burst. as for the teleporting bit, i doubt that. mostly likely he sealed himself in a force cocoon to save himself. from death. only in one reference did it mentiona "force cocoon". it moves the essense to another location, untill either set into another host, or released in a grey-jedi ritual (Revan was neither light or dark side, thus being a grey jedi). Either way the old creative and story manager (Lucas included) left the doors for Revan's story wide open for further advancement.

So YES we will se Revan again, no doubt.

ontop of that Revan is too important of a character to toss away yet. Plus Revan is still a "young" character in terms of being around in starwars media. Darth Vader stuff is still floating around, so i can guess Revan will be around even longer.

Revan isnt dead. He disappeared in a force burst. as for the teleporting bit, i doubt that. mostly likely he sealed himself in a force cocoon to save himself. from death. only in one reference did it mentiona "force cocoon". it moves the essense to another location, untill either set into another host, or released in a grey-jedi ritual (Revan was neither light or dark side, thus being a grey jedi). Either way the old creative and story manager (Lucas included) left the doors for Revan's story wide open for further advancement.

So YES we will se Revan again, no doubt.

ontop of that Revan is too important of a character to toss away yet. Plus Revan is still a "young" character in terms of being around in starwars media. Darth Vader stuff is still floating around, so i can guess Revan will be around even longer.

I agree, altough, if revan really did think he was about to die, he would just use his force bomb, which darth bane learned from a holocrhon which revan had made, he is just the kind of guy that would take the emperor out if he was about to die anyway. Also, I am pretty sure revan is a light side jedi, besides having been on both sides, the killing of malak generally can be described as his return to the light. The entire idea of the force is that you have to pick a side, and revan is too powerful to just side line it like that. And to get to the topic of the force, I have to take the siths veiw point

the force is conflict, shown by the fact that there is the light and the darks side in the first place.

Edited by jediakm
need to add something

Technically Revan wasn't grey, he started out lightside, got corrupted and turned to the Darkside, then he got mind-wiped, then redeamed (kotor1), Then

when he got captured by the Emperor, he was slowly corrupted (but not turned) again

but he was never actually grey.

Edited by AlexDougherty

In the beta he was killed in the foundry fight. Bioware received a bit of flak for it during those days so they made the change to quell the masses. It's still up in the air as to if he will make an appearance again.

I understand why. I like having some closure on that story but a lot of folks are attached to the story of Revan; they want to decide how it ends, not have a character invented (look, gender and all) and told he does x, y and z.

Allow for some ambiguity as to his death and allow players to play a role in the character if he returns.

- Arcada

In the beta he was killed in the foundry fight. Bioware received a bit of flak for it during those days so they made the change to quell the masses. It's still up in the air as to if he will make an appearance again.

Contrary to popular belief, a lootable body can still mean he's alive. I mean...that didn't stop Blizzard with Kael'thas in Tempest Keep.

but he was never actually grey.

Well... while there's no such thing as "the grey side of the Force", Revan would be considered a Grey Jedi when he went against the Order's wishes and joined the war effort against the Mandalorians.

I know this is completely besides the point you're trying to make, but still. :p

I figure the way they have it now, they could really have fun with this.

In the final fight, Revan was portrayed as walking the line... he served the light, but he was corrupted... he wanted to serve the Jedi, but he was falling back into his old tactics that lead him to becoming Darth Revan.

And, from what Darth Malgus said, there are THREE Star Forge-class Rakata installations. The Star Forge, the Foundry, and... one more.

So, let's say sometime down the line, Revan reappears on the Republic side. Amnesiac, memories scattered, fragmented... doesn't remember what happened on the foundry. Pub players start some quests to try and help him out. And...

On the Imperial side, Darth Revan returns... likely during the power vacuum left by the Emperor recovering from the trauma caused by the Jedi Knight, and the death of Malgus and so much of the Dark Council. The Revanites flock to him, and rather than oppose him, Imperial players aid him in gaining recognition and approval within the Empire, as Regent.

Then, at the end of the quest chain, both sides discover the OTHER has a Revan.

And now the mystery begins. Which is the true Revan?

Bioware could have a lot of fun with that I think.

I figure the way they have it now, they could really have fun with this.

In the final fight, Revan was portrayed as walking the line... he served the light, but he was corrupted... he wanted to serve the Jedi, but he was falling back into his old tactics that lead him to becoming Darth Revan.

And, from what Darth Malgus said, there are THREE Star Forge-class Rakata installations. The Star Forge, the Foundry, and... one more.

So, let's say sometime down the line, Revan reappears on the Republic side. Amnesiac, memories scattered, fragmented... doesn't remember what happened on the foundry. Pub players start some quests to try and help him out. And...

On the Imperial side, Darth Revan returns... likely during the power vacuum left by the Emperor recovering from the trauma caused by the Jedi Knight, and the death of Malgus and so much of the Dark Council. The Revanites flock to him, and rather than oppose him, Imperial players aid him in gaining recognition and approval within the Empire, as Regent.

Then, at the end of the quest chain, both sides discover the OTHER has a Revan.

And now the mystery begins. Which is the true Revan?

Bioware could have a lot of fun with that I think.

They would have fun with that, but I'd get turned off by the notion of a Phantom Revan or split Revan.

Well... while there's no such thing as "the grey side of the Force", Revan would be considered a Grey Jedi when he went against the Order's wishes and joined the war effort against the Mandalorians.

I know this is completely besides the point you're trying to make, but still. :p

Well it depends upon your definition of grey, the proper grey balances light and dark, but Revan at that point was transitioning between the two sides (not that this was his intention), which is not the same. But you could make an argument for either viewpoint.

Nor is there really a dark side or light side of the force. There is just the user and their intent.

There is no light side of the Force, but there is a dark side.

There's the Force, and an aspect of the Force that is called its "dark side". The dark side is a corruptive force, and denying that it is an actual thing is rather silly.

Well it depends upon your definition of grey, the proper grey balances light and dark, but Revan at that point was transitioning between the two sides (not that this was his intention), which is not the same. But you could make an argument for either viewpoint.

Like balancing between being healthy or stricken with cancer...

Edited by JediMB

There is no light side of the Force, but there is a dark side.

There's the Force, and an aspect of the Force that is called its "dark side". The dark side is a corruptive force, and denying that it is an actual thing is rather silly.

Well that does fit with the films and the books.

Like balancing between being healthy or stricken with cancer...

I know, I can't quite see it myself, but apparently Jolee Bindo could see a balance between the two in Kotor1, and for those people who want a Grey side to the force it has to be a maintained balance betwixt the two.

Edited by AlexDougherty

revan aint dead. he appears in new op on PTS. he'll most likely continue to be a big influence on the old republic especially since he's technically the origin of it. (game wise) besides he has yet to meet his descendant. they wont kill him till he meets satele thats for sure