Rated WZ'S

sirullrich

Does the PVP community think that if people lost rating by not playing, that more people will decide to do ranked. I have been playing for a while now and realize a lot of people who just sit on there rating for ranked. I know many good pvper's who refuse to play rateds anymore because of fear of losing there rating. But I think if people lost rating if they didn't play RANKED PVP for a week that more people will think about playing. The higher the rating the more you would lose by not playing. Just an idea.

I like this. I have even heard of people (on another server) that they will not do ranked unless it is against a team of their own guild... 8v8ing themselves for rating and not queueing if it's someone else. Punish this and punish not queueing at all

not really... rated pvp is something of an oddity..

at least on my server(JEDI COV) there are only a handful of teams that do rated regularly. At one point, everyone was doing rated. the appeal has worn off, you can get the same gear without having to do rateds, and you pretty much play the same teams over and over... and over... and over... and over.. and over... and over.. and over.... get the point?

#crossserverqueues

not really... rated pvp is something of an oddity..

at least on my server(JEDI COV) there are only a handful of teams that do rated regularly. At one point, everyone was doing rated. the appeal has worn off, you can get the same gear without having to do rateds, and you pretty much play the same teams over and over... and over... and over... and over.. and over... and over.. and over.... get the point?

#crossserverqueues

True we do play the same teams over and over, but I believe if people lost ratings. Players would not just flock to one good guild and would have to spread themselves out because if you don't play you lose rating. I believe that this way atleast people won't be able to sit on ther 2500+ rating for 6 months without playing a match.

For pre-season I don't really see the point, for Season 1 I'd be fine with it.

Also, the Rated farming is just another level of derp for PvP.

Yeah that's true it is only preseason, but people still sit on it. Plus preseason has been out for over a year. I don't see a regular season coming anytime soon. Unless I haven't been informed.

Yeah that's true it is only preseason, but people still sit on it. Plus preseason has been out for over a year. I don't see a regular season coming anytime soon. Unless I haven't been informed.

9 Months to be exact, but yeah I feel what you're saying. My Vanguard has been retired for nearly 5 months (I enjoy my GS much better), sitting on a 2,200 rating and wouldn't really care if I lost it or not. I think many are awaiting a response from a Developer or CM to discuss Season 1, but they simply will not talk about it, which is really disappointing to say the least.

RWZ are broken b/c everyone gets wicked butthurt when they lose to the same teams over and over and over.

there needs to be matchmaking that pits similarly ranked teams against one another. take the median Rating for a group and compare it to the median Ratings of other groups in the queue. whichever is the closest will produce a match-up.

obviously this is not fool-proof, since there may be times when there are not enough teams on to reliably get good matchups, but you will see that in every matchmaking system. something you could do tho is decrease the amount of rating a highly rated team gets from beating a low rated team.

i think if teams could queue for RWZ, and not be almost guaranteed to be facing one of the top 5 teams on the server, a lot of people would do it.

not a lot you can do to combat farming. if there were more groups in the queue, and thus it was not so predictable, it would help to make it more difficult to get pre-destined matches.

RWZ are broken b/c everyone gets wicked butthurt when they lose to the same teams over and over and over.

there needs to be matchmaking that pits similarly ranked teams against one another. take the median Rating for a group and compare it to the median Ratings of other groups in the queue. whichever is the closest will produce a match-up.

obviously this is not fool-proof, since there may be times when there are not enough teams on to reliably get good matchups, but you will see that in every matchmaking system. something you could do tho is decrease the amount of rating a highly rated team gets from beating a low rated team.

i think if teams could queue for RWZ, and not be almost guaranteed to be facing one of the top 5 teams on the server, a lot of people would do it.

not a lot you can do to combat farming. if there were more groups in the queue, and thus it was not so predictable, it would help to make it more difficult to get pre-destined matches.

No doubt about it. People don't want to lose rating so they won't play, but let's say that you had a 2000+ rating, but if you didn't play for a week you lose 100 rating. Would you not want to play some more to be able to bring it up or atleast play one game and lose 20 points rather than losing 100? Just a question. I know the matchmaking system is non existent, but us as a community can try to make suggestions.

Would players with bad ratings be brought back up to the mid point if they sat out?

What's the point of having a good or bad rating? Do you get something for a high or low rating?

TBH there is nothing you get with having better rating except you can buy rated gear from pvp vendors. Most of it is for pride I guess. I think people's rating before 1800 or so will not lose rating, but after 1800 it kicks in.

9 Months to be exact, but yeah I feel what you're saying. My Vanguard has been retired for nearly 5 months (I enjoy my GS much better), sitting on a 2,200 rating and wouldn't really care if I lost it or not. I think many are awaiting a response from a Developer or CM to discuss Season 1, but they simply will not talk about it, which is really disappointing to say the least.

Damn only 9 months it feels like forever. Anyway I have played against you on your GS and you are pretty annoying to play against. I am a sorc heals and you constanly are shooting me. So please stop. :)

I have to agree with this, it would encourage more players to do ranked again. Someone was telling me they wanted to preserve their 1900 rating last night which I did get a good laugh out of. My highest rated toon is a shadow that I played way back when with a 2600 rating, wouldn't particularly care if I lost that. Rating doesn't matter at all, if someone thinks it does... lol

Damn only 9 months it feels like forever. Anyway I have played against you on your GS and you are pretty annoying to play against. I am a sorc heals and you constanly are shooting me. So please stop. :)

I'm the sweat in your glands! Wait, no idea where I was going with that.

:D