Most Active GSF Server?

kbyoung

A lot depends on your time that you play.

Harbinger IMO has the most frequent pops on US, and Red Eclipse on Euro. But I get WAY more pops on Bastion than Shadowlands- like a factor of two difference. However, Bastion's primetime is closer to my evening- Drako claims that Shadowlands pops like crazy during the day.

Bastion, Ebon Hawk, Harbinger, Shadowlands- all of these for SURE have a decent number of pops, contingent on time you are queuing.

Is Jung Ma really as bad as people claim?

Tsukyomi (SP) is about the only person I have seen on that is an ace imo. There might be more and I just haven't flown with/against them. The ques are slow for the most part.

I mainly play on Shadowlands, and the ques are pretty frequent.:rak_03:

Jung Ma has some GSFers, but it's just not got that many compared to before- and a lot of their top pilots either quit or started to roam (Tsuki plays on quite a few servers these days).

I've seen that guy on TEH and SL and I think on Pot5... JM you say... interesting. I know of quite a few good pilots who originate from JM. Kind of surprising how a dead server could have produced so many.

Edited by WiseStranger

Is Jung Ma really as bad as people claim?

From 8 pm - 11 pm Eastern it's about as lively, or livelier than Bastion is. Almost always a game going, and not more than 15 min between queue pops for solo queuing.

The other servers I listed typically have 1-3 games going at a time during those times, and tend not to drop off until after 1 or 1:30 am.

Pilot quality wise it's variable, I see more JM aces flying on other servers than I do on JM. I see more aces on other servers in general, by like a 10:1 ratio. I go roaming if I want a stiff fight in GSF. On the other hand, I've carried matches and absolutely crushed the opposition in partially upgraded strikes on Bastion and TEH in a way that I've never managed on JM, and that's despite what I would call a much more strike-friendly meta on JM.

So the highest level of play isn't that high, but the lowest level isn't nearly as bad as some other servers. Probably because GSF conquest farming isn't really a thing on JM and combined with a small population of pilots it means most matches fill with people interested in playing and who aren't complete noobs. They may not be great, but they're not flying into asteroids and wondering what the heck just happened to them.

Edited by Ramalina

I can't speak for other servers, but if you're looking for a place with a guaranteed GSF focused community, you will find it on The Ebon Hawk, Imperial side. Eclipse Squadron has over 150 characters in it. On most weeknights, we have 10-15 pilots on for the duration of the evening, constantly queuing and popping.

I'm not aware of any guild on any server that is both focused on GSF and as large as us. If it's any indication of how much GSF we play, we almost always place in the top ten of conquest, primarily through GSF conquest points. Even in this week's event, we are competing for 3rd place on Rishi, which is hotly contested.

Moreover, our forums are a much more welcoming and friendly place to talk about GSF than these forums are. You can talk about a wacky build or ask an innocent question without being eviscerated, as often happens here.

The best part about GSF on TEH is that you will get a wide range of competition. You'll get to trounce new pilots one round, only to face stiff competition from coordinated teams of veterans or a single elite ace the next round. Every match is different, and generally if one side starts to dominate match after match, a few aces will switch sides.

Come check us out! Our channel is [Gsf], or you can click on the guild website in my sig.

Progenitor EU is usually very lively around peak hours. Pops keep popping from around 12.00 GMT to 24.00 GMT. Jedi Covenant US seems very busy as well, but based on my (limited) experiences, it is quite unbalanced. Everybody flies Imp.

...This is completely off topic, but it isn't worth a thread of it's own.

I made a thread promoting Galactic Starfighter on "MMO" section of SomethingAwful forums. Despite Reddit, 2015 and all that, it seems to remain a pretty lively place. Threads of front page of MMO section have tens/hundreds of thousands of views. If you happen to have a SomethingAwful account, maybe drop by and say some nice sweet nothings about GSF in the thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702447

(unsure if you can view the link without an account)

Edited by Salaviir

Red Eclipse is definitely the most active server. During peak hours I have seen 5 games going on at once. It has pretty consistant 5-10 minute pops from 8am-6pm eastern time. It can be a lot of fun for solo queue but probably too easy if you are in a premade.

The Harbinger is probably the second best server for pops. And there are a handful of very skilled pilots there that play on both sides.

Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, and probably a bunch of other servers are tied for 3rd. I actually find Bastion to be one of the slowest.

I can't speak for other servers, but if you're looking for a place with a guaranteed GSF focused community, you will find it on The Ebon Hawk, Imperial side. Eclipse Squadron has over 150 characters in it. On most weeknights, we have 10-15 pilots on for the duration of the evening, constantly queuing and popping.

As a pilot on the Republic side on TEH, I would say we definitely feel it when Eclipse is hitting the queues. On the positive side, I don't remember waiting longer than about 10 minutes for a pop over the past few weeks. On the negative side, as a newbie pilot, sometimes it feels like I'm a target drone for Eclipse. ;)

Would be nice to find something similar on the Republic side on the server. But at least I have no complaints in regards to how long it may take to get into a match.

I don't have enough gaming time these days to be trying other servers. And the action is good enough for me on the Hawk that I don't feel a need to start over somewhere else.

As a pilot on the Republic side on TEH, I would say we definitely feel it when Eclipse is hitting the queues. On the positive side, I don't remember waiting longer than about 10 minutes for a pop over the past few weeks. On the negative side, as a newbie pilot, sometimes it feels like I'm a target drone for Eclipse. ;)

Would be nice to find something similar on the Republic side on the server. But at least I have no complaints in regards to how long it may take to get into a match.

I don't have enough gaming time these days to be trying other servers. And the action is good enough for me on the Hawk that I don't feel a need to start over somewhere else.

We used to have pretty decent competition from pilots in Saberwing, but it seems less frequent these days.

That being said, Sriia and Evgeni still give us a run for our money.