Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The constant mentioning of Autism in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The constant mentioning of Autism in PVP

Rafiknoll
12.10.2018 , 02:09 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Wait... are we insulting each other in a thread thats about not insulting each other?
We all do our best to lead by example

Rion_Starkiller
12.10.2018 , 02:41 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Wait... are we insulting each other in a thread thats about not insulting each other?
What was that, math nerd?
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

KendraP
12.10.2018 , 02:55 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
What was that, math nerd?
Nerds rule

Severith
12.10.2018 , 03:49 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
I'm sorry, but people randomly telling someone they're bad after a match the team just got stomped in does not inspire anyone to play more or get better. It represents the community as a bunch of abusive basement dwellers, and earns you a place on ignore lists.

Anyone who plays games because they like to be abused in chat is self-harming, trolling, or both.

It isn't yours, either. If having to treat other players in a civilized manner triggers you, stop playing multiplayer games.
Nothing random about it. If you're pvping to a minimal extent (aka not afk, calling out when defending, and at least somewhat playing objectives) then you're fine.

You think when I call out M****ode for going afk for the umpteenth time, it's me thinking I have a safe space? When she replies that I'm famous for never playing objectives (I almost always have the top 1 or 2 objective points) and says I'm only in it for the kills (literally, while I'm defending nodes in tank gear) that I'm feeling safe?

Calling out these people is ugly, because it's always a toxic response. That's because they're already behaving with a high degree of toxicity.

Nothing about calling out bad behavior in pvp is safe. I accept that. Why is it that I can deal with that, but a fragile snowflake gets offended at the one thing that offends them and it's an issue. There should be a short list of words that are always interpreted as genuinely hurtful, and those can be forbidden. Autism shouldn't be on that list.

Cultures are difficult to manipulate/change by a single individual, group, or even a generation. Cultures have momentum, and you're either working within that, or you're wasting your time. Gaming culture is exactly the same way. Accept it or don't play team games on the internet.

You're going to get trash talk if you're really really bad. You're going to get trash talk if you're really really good. You'll also get trash talk, from me, when I catch you afking, or not calling out when your node gets attacked. If you can't deal with that, put me on ignore. Just be aware everyone in ops chat is going to know about it.

abhaxus
Today , 03:02 AM | #125
Online gaming is the last bastion of the kind of socially maladjusted people that use a mental and emotional disability as an insult. (or race or sexual orientation or ancient monotheistic religion) . The irony to me, especially with the "what an autistic *******" comments, is the lack of social awareness and emotional intelligence points toward a certain spectrum of disorders.

I'm no saint online, I make fun and trash talk people, but only about their skill in game. I report any and all use of slurs in game chat. Including from people I've grouped with. Then I don't group them anymore.

Incidentally, I don't have any friends be left in game...
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando