Remove the rakghoul plague now

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If 2000 credits is a lot to your character, die and leave the fleet and go level.

It is a lot, as I was leveling at the time while going from Origin world to Capitol world. And I bought the vaccine becuase I wanted nothing to do with the plague, or those infecting others. While it would have been nice to have skipped this whole thing via Death, I had no such info at the time; just the RP info from the Fleet directives.

While the OP and myself cannot speak for others, neither does the exploding idiot that wants to drag us into their version of PvP, RP, etc. We should have the same rights to enjoy play, too; now mine has to wait until this kind of behaviour diminishes.

Actually I don't think that this is anything like the zombie plague in WoW.

Zombie plague;

Idiots kept infecting NPC's and disrupting the flow of the game for anyone who wished not to involve themselves in the event.

SWTOR plague;

- No death penalty

- Free DNA when you die - you can sell on GTN or exchange if high enough to visit Tatooine

- 20 minutes, or so I hear to get the antidote

- immunity for 6 hours if you spend chump change - even at level 10 I leave the home world with 6k

So opt out or opt in it's your choice totally. I'm no PVPer but don't stop the fun for others when it is so avoidable.

This is from someone who hated the zombie invasion.

Edited by mothear

I am going to fleet with all my characters and blowing up tonight! DNA's that sell for 20K a piece? HELLLLOOO!

Also, I don't know the quest details and I am on a 12 hour shift here at work (5 hours left) can anyone give me the details?

Edited by jhartel

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

Ading in fun game events is a good idea. Adding one as overwhelming as this that not all toons can take part in sucks. Im sure the new players that started this week are having fun today. Oh Im sick guards fight me everywhere I go and after awhile I die and when it happens to go away some ***** just runs over to you and gives it right back.

Yet another looks good on paper event going horribly wrong. Giving players a game endorsed way to grief other players is just insanely stupid.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

LOL wow overreacting a bit too much there!!!! I think you've have far too much caffeine.

I think its a awesome thing they have done.

People will always find something to QQ about hehehehe

SWTOR plague;

- No death penalty

- Free DNA when you die - you can sell on GTN or exchange if high enough to visit Tatooine

- 20 minutes, or so I hear to get the antidote

- immunity for 6 hours if you spend chump change - even at level 10 I leave the home world with 6k

So opt out or opt in it's your choice totally. I'm no PVPer but don't stop the fun for others when it is so avoidable.

All this right here is why this event is perfectly fine. You suffer no death penalties and it doesn't disrupt important NPC's. You can buy the cure, or just endure it and then rez on the spot. If you die to it, you get 5 DNA samples that you can easily sell to others. It's like complainign that people are handign you credits.

It's harmless fun, so enjoy it. I'd rather they continue doing random events to keep the game lively and fun then people QQ over somethign stupid and they stop doing them.

Edited by cashrender

Nice to see how TOR fans are a group of insufferable ***** at times like yourself...

Sure its interesting but its not *********** RP when someone just infects you lol's and runs off...thats not RP

The story of this plague would beg to differ.

learn to RP.

Having been through WoW's zombie event, I would say this one is much better thought out. It's completely avoidable if you don't want to take part in it.

That said, the one in wow was a lot of fun, though it seemed like a real pain in the *** at the time people were given a story that would stick with them for years. For a game developer to affect so many lives and give them a 'war story' to tell to their friends was quite a feat. Anyone who has played wow will usually listen to me relate that time when no one came within miles of any major metropolis. At least the first couple of times.

As events go I suspect this one will be slightly less memorable, despite being avoidable. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad.

Ading in fun game events is a good idea. Adding one as overwhelming as this that not all toons can take part in sucks. Im sure the new players that started this week are having fun today. Oh Im sick guards fight me everywhere I go and after awhile I die and when it happens to go away some ***** just runs over to you and gives it right back.

Yet another looks good on paper event going horribly wrong. Giving players a game endorsed way to grief other players is just insanely stupid.

People will complain about anything.

Yet another reason why all ingame events are now bland and boring in other MMOs. Quit complaining and spend the 2k and get the vaccine.

It is awesome how some people enjoy bïtching so much they need to keep at it even when BW comes up with something awesome.

This whole plague thing has been a great live event so far. Wish we have more things like this in future.

Edited by Stradlin

It is awesome how some people enjoy bïtching so much they need to keep at it even when BW comes up with something awesome.

This whole plague thing has been a great live event so far. Wish we have more things like this in future.

Yeah, i think folks and complaining just to complain.

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

That's an awful lot, of commas, in that post, and I don't think, you, are using them, correctly,,,

Ok, since I haven't done the event, please correct me if I'm wrong. The way I see it, if I got infected and I don't want to pay for an antidote, all I have to do is:

1) wait for 1 hour and explode (which I guess must have a cool animation).

2) FREE penalty resurrect on the same spot.

3) Collect the dna and sell each for 20k on market.

Is that it? Then why are people complaining about it?

Yeah, i think folks and complaining just to complain.

Nope; simply expressing my chagrin at being dragged into something I wished to avoid.

Again, I do not mind the RP storyline, and those that wish to go play PvP. But using the Safe areas of the Fleet to spoil my solo PvE play seems to be unjust.

Or do those that wish to avoid others because of actions like this not have the same right to an opinion?

People will complain about anything.

Yet another reason why all ingame events are now bland and boring in other MMOs. Quit complaining and spend the 2k and get the vaccine.

No, the reason is that people insist in being douchebags to everyone without any consideration for them when given half-a-chance.

I agree it is absolutely ridiculous. The debuff needs to be removed upon loading into the fleet at a minimum.

Fresh level 10s off their starter world can't afford the 2k for the serum. Just that simple. So now, your quest is impeding the gameplay of others. Others who might have otherwise continued to play but now this is the impression they have of the game. Get it?

BTW, Howdy Kallas. Ciks from SS.

Ok, since I haven't done the event, please correct me if I'm wrong. The way I see it, if I got infected and I don't want to pay for an antidote, all I have to do is:

1) wait for 1 hour and explode (which I guess must have a cool animation).

2) FREE penalty resurrect on the same spot.

3) Collect the dna and sell each for 20k on market.

Is that it? Then why are people complaining about it?

Because we may not have had the info on hand? Because we die frequently enough already that we use the Med Transports as shuttles? Because we did not ask to play PvP in a Safe Zone; nor were asked to join; simply were infected as someone else's play target?

Not fun for me....