Unofficial Lieutenant Iresso fan club

Onager

I gotta say it, once I got Iresso, I started outfitting him in oranges (he's using a jedi cloak and visor, looks cool) and gearing him up, and as a hybrid healing/pk sage, he works out much better than Qyzen and fights end more quickly than with Tharan (although on fights with impossible aggro I can imagine Tharan will come back out.).

I'm gearing him with tank stats when I can, dps Aim stuff otherwise, and trying to keep his shield updated as much as possible.

Iresso for president!

Edited by Onager

Iresso > Qyzen in every way shape and form. I don't even truly like Iresso since he's a ranged tank and doesn't always jump into the fray, but he's better than the oversized lizard.

The only workaround for this is to expand Iresso's bar and pull with Ctrl+9 instead of Ctrl+1, and he'll charge into melee every time (since you're specifically calling out his rifle butt charge).

I filed a bug report on being unable to use pet hotkeys after the first four if the pet's bar isn't expanded, stupid oversight.

I suggest everyone else interested in seeing it fixed do so as well.

Edited by Onager

When i met iresso i thought one thing i hate that guy i was a big hit with his crew but i treated him like ****. I insulted him called him incompetent cuz lets face it he thought a dude was invincible. durp durp iresso i made that guy my pirate ***** he does what i say! But iresso liked the abuse and was all like i'm coming with you man. hate that guy

QYZEN 4 LIFE!!!

When i met iresso i thought one thing i hate that guy i was a big hit with his crew but i treated him like ****. I insulted him called him incompetent cuz lets face it he thought a dude was invincible. durp durp iresso i made that guy my pirate ***** he does what i say! But iresso liked the abuse and was all like i'm coming with you man. hate that guy

QYZEN 4 LIFE!!!

Please, Iresso makes Qyzen look like the Lusty Trandoshan Maid.

• 5 months later...
As a DPS shadow (who tanks for companions), I stopped using Qyzen as soon as I got Tharan because I could use a healer more than a tank. I kept using Tharan for just about the whole leveling process. However, now that I am level 50 and more experienced with the game, I use Iresso in his DPS stance just because he's awesome. I love his personality and so I use him as my friendly not giant lizard bodyguard.

• 4 weeks later...
Indeed. He may only be a lieutenant, but he's the admiral of my heart!

I'm really looking forward to the romance with Iresso. My husband has already finished the class-story with his Consular and said that I would like him, and so far he has always been right about the romances in the game. Jupp, just wish I could get to meet him a liiittle bit earlier. Mind you, I know better than to complain too much since the guys have to wait even longer for Naida. Good things comes to those who wait I suppose.

• 5 months later...
Until I got HK Iresso was my go to Tank and Nadia my go to DPS. For Heroics of course I used Theran. But as far as Tanking goes, Iresso does a much better job if you send him in first. Everytime I turned around Qyzen was on the ground dead and I geared him better than Iresso at first cause I thought I'd use Qyzen better.

• 1 month later...

What can I say? The guy made a good first impression. A jumpy private pulls a pistol on him, so he cold-***** the kid, grabs the pistol, give the kid a few tips on how not to make that mistake in a real battle, and sends him off to do some unpleasant chores instead of ruining the guy's career (which he'd be will within his rights to).

I can see where he'd run afoul of Jorgan. It might be a Cathar thing to be wound up tighter than a watchspring (see Juhani and Sylvar for good examples), but Felix is a very laid back, classically Neutral Good guy. He believes in doing the right thing. Most of the time, that means following orders and Republic law...but when it doesn't, he'll take Good over Lawful. He takes the Republic and the war seriously, just in a different way than the Consular who has lived a cloistered life of enclaves, duty and training. He's no scoundrel, minimal drama, but he is a great example of why Jedi and troopers can make a very good team. Jedi often lack the "real world" and "ordinary guy" perspective a good grunt can give them, and the Jedi can be the grunt's finest backup when there's an enemy that just won't die. Put them together, and they are a symbol of the Republic itself.

The whole issue with the holocron in his head needed a lot more developing. What a GREAT subplot that could have been! That's my complaint with all of the companion arcs - I miss the KOTOR and Mass Effect loyalty missions, and the companion missions here feel half baked by comparison. Think of the replay value they'd bring! The way they're written, it looks like they intend to expand them when/if time/money permit.

I'll also admit, he was pretty darned smooth. Was NOT expecting my Consular to fall for him, especially after she let Tharan down gently. Felix manages to come on in and sweet-talk the trained diplomat into not only letting him come aboard, but making a successful romantic pass at her under the guise of battle strategy. Well played, Lieutenant. It's also been interesting to see those minor affection losses with Tharan. Guess my Consular is going to be "the one that got away" for that playboy.

Stats-wise? I have a well-geared tank Shadow, so Felix is the guy who backs me up if I'm in a hurry to mow through an area. Yeah, Imps, just TRY to play your "we have reserves" garbage against a pair of Republic tanks. Let me know how that works after I've finished looting.

When I roll up a Trooper, I'll probably put him in the family tree as their kid (humans and Miraluka can interbreed in the canon). Good thing the Republic helmets will hide the inevitable blindfold.

I'm irritated that both Qyzen and Iresso exist. They're both tanks that use Aim, the fact that one is ranged and the other melee seems like too small a difference to justify the creation of both companions for consulars. (Don't try suggest that Iresso is our ranged DPS choice - that's Zenith).

Abilities-wise, they are copies of each other... At the moment I use Qyzen for AOE tanking and damage dealing and Iresso for single-target tanking and dps (obviously I use him in Black Hole heroics and so on instead of Qyzen, due to how he breaks CC).

Would've preferred to have a healer/tank hybrid.

• 2 months later...

I kinda liked Iresso when I first got him; he seemed like a 'regular guy' compared with all the other larger-than-life people in the game. (I admit, I laughed the first time I heard him say "Did you see that shot? Tell me you saw that!")

Then we got to Belsavis, and he won me over:

During the class quests, when you walk into the room where the evil warden has told the psych droid that you're suffering under delusions that you're a Jedi -- nice touch, by the way, as I imagine that would be surprisingly common in the Star Wars universe. You walk into a room, the psych droid protected by a force field. Another force field snaps into place behind you.

Iresso: "I always knew it would end like this."

Iresso was a guy I did not expect to like. OK, a ranged tank. I already have Big Green if I need another tank, and I have "Ambassador" Zenith if I need to lay down cover fire. Oh, and he's a loyal, laid-back Republic grunt. Great, so I get a character without use or personaility. And what do you mean he's supposed to be Lady Consular's love interest?

But then I see the guy and it all clicks. His main issue is being in the wrong universe. He'd fit right in at DS9, Babylon 5, or even the Normandy. But when you've got a situation like the Republic? Well, what do you do with a guy who isn't the super-genius loose cannon, but still has an annoying disrespect for protocol? The little time bomb in his head also is likely to freak out the Republic commanders (justified as they have everything from Children of the Emperor to conventional defectors to worry about). Good soldier, but no one knows what to do with the guy.

The Republic military and the Jedi? Well, they have some trouble working together. Good example is if you put Bastila and Carth in your party during Knights 1 and had to put up with them sniping at each other like squabbling kids on a boring road trip. When the chips get down, though, the soldier's not going to argue with the one (wo)man army a Jedi tends to be in a combat situation, and the Jedi would do well to get the soldier's perspective because Jedi are isolated on too many levels from the people they obstensibly serve. Still, there is a rift there, and Felix is a symbolic repair of that rift. His talents are wasted being shunted around backwater outposts, but being a Jedi's semi-official bodyguard? Great fit.

The low drama and laid back personality? It's playing entirely against type for Bioware. We're used to every member of our crew being a walking ball of psychological issues. Having one that (for the most part) isn't is a refreshing change and subversion of formula.

In battle, I find he holds aggro better than Qyzen - almost too well. He also seems to cause more damage than Qyzen, too. That means that the two of us toss the taunt ball back and forth and mop up the mob as they're running from one to the other.

Edited by Allronix

My Consular is a Shadow tank. Sneak around and cull the packs.

I always take the LT along when there are spread out targets. If I see targeting a circle under him, I just

strafe a bit to one side and he moves out of danger. I keep him well geared so he does excellent DPS

plus shrugs off hits. The main plus is that with a blaster rifle, he is quick to switch targets that are spaced apart.

This all makes for less downtime. He is a good team player for LS Jedi that tend to mesh with the military.

Nadia is for those burn-em-down-quick boss fights.