How do you feel about the force serenity ability?

olusiek

The title says it all. For me it's a bit weird for a Jedi, to literally drain his/her opponent's life. It's an ability I avoid using, because it feels a bit out of place, and harsh. Especially for someone like Sage. Edited by olusiek

But severing their force, crushing their minds, lobbing heavy telekinetic force against their body (likely causing trauma), stoning them, and launching metal debris at an enemy is fine?

Throwing debris, stones, and force waves (which could be as well concusive blast meant to knock out) don't compare to literally pulling life out of the enemy. I understand a sith but a Jedi? For me it's drastic. But hey, we all have our opinions.

• 4 weeks later...
Throwing debris, stones, and force waves (which could be as well concusive blast meant to knock out) don't compare to literally pulling life out of the enemy. I understand a sith but a Jedi? For me it's drastic. But hey, we all have our opinions.

I understand where you are coming from, but Jedi aren't saints, and they do some things sometimes that doesn't actually add up to "good guys". Do you remember what they did to Exile? Severed him from force, even though he wanted to be in the order and didn't go to the dark side? Also brainwashing Revan, to be on their side? And sitting idle meditating while Mandalorians ravage through galaxy. Those are just examples from KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2. If you haven't played them, I totally recommend them, story there is just beyond great. They are mostly good of course, but that doesn't mean that they don't do what it takes to keep the peace. And as some stories go, they are willing to sacrifice a lot for that peace. Just my view of things :)

• 3 weeks later...
The title says it all. For me it's a bit weird for a Jedi, to literally drain his/her opponent's life. It's an ability I avoid using, because it feels a bit out of place, and harsh. Especially for someone like Sage.

If your so big into role play that you don’t use your hardest hitting single attack on cool down you should probably use all the mele attacks as well since Jedi perfer to use a lightsaber in fights.