Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' - Coming December 9th!

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We're happy to announce that Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' is launching on Wednesday, December 9th! Maintenance messaging will be up on Monday with the specific maintenance timeframe and the patch notes will be up by Tuesday at the latest.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

We're happy to announce that Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' is launching on Wednesday, December 9th! Maintenance messaging will be up on Monday with the specific maintenance timeframe and the patch notes will be up by Tuesday at the latest.

Awesome, very much looking forward to it, since new content is always nice !

In the meantime, whenever you have a sec, please see this somewhat important (and related) query: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9899051#post9899051

Hey everyone!

Great news Dan, thanks :cool:

I'm not entirely sure releasing it right on Cyberpunks release is a great idea.

If BW was really going to be that worried about it, they should have pushed to get it out sooner. As it is, not much is going to affect anyone's plans for CP except another CP delay...

If BW was really going to be that worried about it, they should have pushed to get it out sooner. As it is, not much is going to affect anyone's plans for CP except another CP delay...

It's going to effect my SWTOR update plans for actually playing it, because I'll be playing CP instead. Others as well I imagine.

Worry not - the content will still be here when you finish, or get bored of, Cyberpunk.

Like, I dunno, I just... What's the harm? It's not like 6.2 disappears in a week, and it's not like you're making a purchasing decision between two $60 products. I don't really see the conflict in release here. I can't think of any real issue beyond FOMO.

Edited by jedimasterjac

Worry not - the content will still be here when you finish, or get bored of, Cyberpunk.

Like, I dunno, I just... What's the harm? It's not like 6.2 disappears in a week, and it's not like you're making a purchasing decision between two $60 products. I don't really see the conflict in release here. I can't think of any real issue beyond FOMO.

Just that they may not have as many playing the new content on release as they otherwise would have. They olften judge continued popularity of an MMO based on how many jump right into new updates. If they want reliable numbers, they won't get them this time.

Edited by Suzsi

This will be my approach. I have pre-purchased Cyberpunk and plan on playing both. The order or degree to which I play one or the other will depend on a variety of factors; notably, bugs and need for patching, which I can envision both games having. I took Onslaught very, very slowly and enjoyed the scenery, the conversations, etc. I plan to do the same with 6.2 b/c I think it is fair to say the soonest we will see another major SWTOR content update is late Summer 2021. In other words, no rush. Ditto w/ Cyberpunk since it is a standalone game.

Moreover, there is yet another good reason to release 6.2 sooner rather than later. If history is any guide, there will be a need for Bioware to do some kind of patching to fix bugs. And I would prefer the player base identify those bugs before the BW staff goes on Christmas break. Not trying to rag on Bioware here, I generally approach this with every game. Whether this is an issue with Cyberpunk remains to be seen, but I would note they did delay it from a mid-November release (which they changed as late as October).

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Sooner than I expected to be honest, but its nice having the patch a little earlier. Like an early Christmas gift, looking forward to seeing it live!

Sooner than you expected? XD :D ^^ We already waited for this news 14 months. Not mention it should arrive 4 months ago like they said before. Covid isn't an argument. On 2019 there wasn't pandemic and we had ONLY one bigger story update too.

You forced us wait that long well. Finally it comes. Prelude story what should be that good what Kotfe and Kotet, not like this pathetic and predictable 6.0.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

I mean, COVID literally is an argument. They had the Echoes storyline prepared for this summer, but they had to delay it because they could not get all of the voice actors into the recording studios because, you guessed it, COVID. Virtually every major project has had delays due to COVID. Edited by jedimasterjac

Looking forward to it! And the fact that it's launching on the 9th means I'll likely be able to check out the new story on at least 2 characters (pub and Imp) before I start on CP2077. And by the time I'm ready to take a break from that, y'all should have any outstanding bugs worked out and I can take my mains through it.

Looking forward to it! And the fact that it's launching on the 9th means I'll likely be able to check out the new story on at least 2 characters (pub and Imp) before I start on CP2077. And by the time I'm ready to take a break from that, y'all should have any outstanding bugs worked out and I can take my mains through it.

I wish I could! /sadpanda

CP unlocks on xbox at mightnight my time wednesday night/Thursday morning and the time of this patch finishing will likely hit 2hrs after that. Because we are a day ahead we get Cyberpunk some hours earlier then others and SWTOR patches a day later (early hrs thurs morning here).

Timezones are confusing!

Sooner than you expected? XD :D ^^ We already waited for this news 14 months. Not mention it should arrive 4 months ago like they said before. Covid isn't an argument. On 2019 there wasn't pandemic and we had ONLY one bigger story update too.

You forced us wait that long well. Finally it comes. Prelude story what should be that good what Kotfe and Kotet, not like this pathetic and predictable 6.0.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

I expected it to come out on the 15h, I also don't need your cynicism about it. We know the conclusion to Tenebrae's story had to be delayed due to COVID, the pandemic affected their ability to do voice recordings for it.

Edited by FlameYOL

I really hope that they don't repeat the mistake of Onslaught. Meaning that the main events in the story line do not match up depending on which side you choose. It makes it so that there is no single main storyline and I don't really like that.

I get that things don't always match up but never before the main story line to this degree even. It makes it feel even more like there is no main story line that you're all part of. The overarching story if you will.

To me it means the difference between running a couple of my characters through or all of my characters. In Onslaught as a consequence I stopped putting my characters through that story line once I realised the main events were the total opposite of each other for both factions (not counting saboteurs).

I really hope that they don't repeat the mistake of Onslaught. Meaning that the main events in the story line do not match up depending on which side you choose. It makes it so that there is no single main storyline and I don't really like that.

I get that things don't always match up but never before the main story line to this degree even. It makes it feel even more like there is no main story line that you're all part of. The overarching story if you will.

To me it means the difference between running a couple of my characters through or all of my characters. In Onslaught as a consequence I stopped putting my characters through that story line once I realised the main events were the total opposite of each other for both factions (not counting saboteurs).

Eh, I like the branching storylines. I wouldn't say Onslaught did a mistake there, if anything I see it an improvement over the past expansions. But like Juventus said, I'd expect this to be another "one-size-fits-all" story, with perhaps a little flavor here and there for different classes or for different choices in KOTFE or KOTET.

Edited by FlameYOL

Eh, I like the branching storylines. I wouldn't say Onslaught did a mistake there, if anything I see it an improvement over the past expansions.

I actually think Onslaught did okay, all tings considered (team left to develop content, funding, playerbase, etc.)

We have four different branches right now, loyalist and saboteur on either side, even if it ultimetely only lead to three real results:

(state of the republic fleet, state of the dark council, state of the meridian complex).

Even then we actually did have one specific class difference, besides companion returns:

Inquisitor claiming the DC seat. Even if the dude occupying it wouldn't be playing a role going forward.

I'm really hoping the consular's history with healing dark-side corruption comes into play somehow. I know it's a bit silly to hope for this kind of class difference but I think it would be awesome if that detail might mean someone's unique survival for that class character.

The problem with including stuff like that would be that people playing other classes would obviously feel left out.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

Eh, I like the branching storylines. I wouldn't say Onslaught did a mistake there, if anything I see it an improvement over the past expansions. But like Juventus said, I'd expect this to be another "one-size-fits-all" story, with perhaps a little flavor here and there for different classes or for different choices in KOTFE or KOTET.

It's a mistake insofar as it will significantly decrease content for a game which already has a slow output.

Having to account for multiple potential realities/canon truths means you have to, essentially, start writing multiple different stories entirely, and that's going to compound very very quickly.

I actually think Onslaught did okay, all tings considered (team left to develop content, funding, playerbase, etc.)

We have four different branches right now, loyalist and saboteur on either side, even if it ultimetely only lead to three real results:

(state of the republic fleet, state of the dark council, state of the meridian complex).

Even then we actually did have one specific class difference, besides companion returns:

Inquisitor claiming the DC seat. Even if the dude occupying it wouldn't be playing a role going forward.

I'm really hoping the consular's history with healing dark-side corruption comes into play somehow. I know it's a bit silly to hope for this kind of class difference but I think it would be awesome if that detail might mean someone's unique survival for that class character.

The problem with including stuff like that would be that people playing other classes would obviously feel left out.

Small correction, you don't claim your seat back according to Charles if I recall. But I would also appreciate actually showing consequences for a DS JC, or even a JK, its annoying how much you can get away with in the vanilla class stories while playing DS.

It's a mistake insofar as it will significantly decrease content for a game which already has a slow output.

Having to account for multiple potential realities/canon truths means you have to, essentially, start writing multiple different stories entirely, and that's going to compound very very quickly.

I understand, but I'm fine with them taking their time because I do enjoy this direction. I do think there will be intersections and the like but one of the things people complained about KOTFE's marketing is "choices that matter" being not really... well... that, to put it simply. I don't think we can have choices that matter without these branching storylines, we'll either stick with a one-size-fits-all story with minimal differences or have actual branching stories where our choices can affect the outcome more, I welcome the latter because we've already had a lot of the former. For example, I found it was extremely fun seeing the difference in the playthroughs of a loyalist and a saboteur. It makes replaying that content much more tempting.

Edited by FlameYOL