December In-Game Event Schedule

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

The event schedule for December has been published. This month the Pirate Incursion, Rakghoul Resurgence, and All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally events will make an appearance. These of course will be joined by the seasonal Life Day and Anniversary events as well.

I'm sure some of you are already wondering why the start and end time for events later this month are different than the norm. Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' will change the Conquest reset timer, making it match the Weekly Mission reset timer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please can you clarify about the conquest timer changing. Do you mean that after this week, instead of conquest ending and starting at 17:00-18:00 GMT it will now end and start at 12:00-13:00 GMT? If so is this a permanent change?

That's a really inconvenient change since a lot of people are at work in the EU at that time and in the US 04:00-05:00 PST is kinda early.

It's already quite difficult to do the legacy conquest score totaling for our guild member prizes in the 1 hour window and this change will make that much harder to handle. Means for my guild we'll probably switch back to doing the score totaling on Monday evenings so any extra points that people score later on Monday evening or on Tuesday mornings will not be counted.

Edited by UlaVii

Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' will change the Conquest reset timer, making it match the Weekly Mission reset timer.

Can we get some clarification on this please? Why the change - or rather, change back? I thought the initial reason for changing the conquest timers in the first place was to allow for earlier setting of targets at the beginning of a conquest event. Why take that away?

I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, amirite?

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm sure some of you are already wondering why the start and end time for events later this month are different than the norm. Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' will change the Conquest reset timer, making it match the Weekly Mission reset timer.

THANK YOU!

Yeah, I really don't think this conquest time change is an improvement. I wonder what BW thinks is wrong with the way it works now. As I see it, the current situation gives people a welcome bit of wriggle-room.

I seriously can't believe guild leaders do not receive an automated in-game email breakdown of each member's contributions at the end of each week's conquest event. Seems like a massive QoL improvement and a simple change

Edited by StockThorax

Can we get some clarification on this please? Why the change - or rather, change back? I thought the initial reason for changing the conquest timers in the first place was to allow for earlier setting of targets at the beginning of a conquest event. Why take that away?

I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, amirite?

It's not a change back, originally it ended on a Monday, and you had a whole day to rest, and sort out prizes.

There are two pirate incursions, rakghoul event and swoop event all in one month? That's twice as many as usual. And if you're giving us so many events, why the pirate event twice rather than the gree or bounty events?

one of the others might have been better.

Edited by DarkTergon

There are two pirate incursions, rakghoul event and swoop event all in one month? That's twice as many as usual. And if you're giving us so many events, why the pirate event twice rather than the gree or bounty events?

Two of those events are back-to-back without the usual 1 week gap. Add Life Day and Anniversary events running in parallel and we’ve got 6 events in December.

Edited by mike_carton

Because it has been 6 full months that we last had the Pirate Incursion event and it is still rather new compared to gree and bounty. People kept asking for it to work on their achievements.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Because it has been 6 full months that we last had the Pirate Incursion event and it is still rather new compared to gree and bounty. People kept asking for it to work on their achievements.

The last Pirate Incursion ended on 1.9. That's 3 months, not 6. Quite a while nonetheless.

That is great. Thank you! Now all we need is a export to XML button for guild leaders and assigned officers.

You've probably spelled ValkoriOn incorrectly. (With A)

Nah, with Valkorion being dead-dead, they needed a new villain for 6.2, and the obvious candidate was Valkorion's twin brother Valkorian. Rumor has that Valkorian's children, Thexon and Veylin will also be involved.

Edited by Mubrak

Conquest time change from evening to afternoon is bad. No improvement there at all. Currently with winter time here in EU it works perfectly imo as conquest resets, we can have hours to check out whats in the conquest and then most of the guilds have their evening conquest activities, events etc. Why change something good?

Bah humbug! D.K. and Coruscant Strongholds for 9 credits! What about those poor noobies that don't have 9 credits? This inflation has to end! 😲

😉

I know, it's a disgrace, I've already been on to the team, to HQ, to my lawyer, next I'm going to the senate...

But in the meantime, as that will take so long, I'm going to organise a go fund me page, just use the email gimmeallyourmoney@I'mhonest.really All proceeds raised will go to helping newbies purchases their first new homes, anything else will be left in a fund to grow interest so it can be used in future ventures

👼 :csw_jabba:

Nah, with Valkorion being dead-dead, they needed a new villain for 6.2, and the obvious candidate was Valkorion's twin brother Valkorian. Rumor has that Valkorian's children, Thexon and Veylin will also be involved.

Shh. No spoilers. XD.

And don't give ideas to story team otherwise we'll really see a new ValkoriAn...

The event schedule for December has been published. This month the Pirate Incursion, Rakghoul Resurgence, and All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally events will make an appearance.

Why do you guys keep doubling up on some events and leave others to wayside? We need currencies from everything, and an outrageous amount of them, to buy some items that are also part of achievements, and that is harder to do when you hardly ever run some of them, and are over running Pirate Incursion and Swoop.

You should run them on a scheduled consistent rotation so every event gets an equal turn.

Yeah, I really don't think this conquest time change is an improvement. I wonder what BW thinks is wrong with the way it works now. As I see it, the current situation gives people a welcome bit of wriggle-room.

Honestly, I preferred the CQ reset when it was in line with the daily/weekly clock, and am happy to be hearing they intend to put it back (finally).

The larger issue to question is if the reason for the change to begin with has been properly addressed and will be handled better going forward: conflicts and issues with maintenance and update procedures that foul the CQ schedule and functions

We need currencies from everything

my larger issue, now that they finally started having the currencies be world drops, is why they stop the world drops after the events end? They could and should have reduced drop rates outside of the event blocks, maybe also taper off the drop RNG the further away you get from event locations, but to halt them all together is just... brain dead. Its not like the galaxy suddenly becomes collectively OCD and promptly cleans out their pockets of such currencies, only stuffing their pockets with such things during said events.