Nobody wants to play with sorc/sage dpsers

BraverDre

My opinion concerning the Lightning Sorcerer, is that it is completely useless in level 70 warzones, and unplayable in level 70 arenas. It does not pump out enough burst to pressure or kill anything in level 70 pvp, and a burst spec is useless if it cannot do either of these.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started playing my sage again, and I had geared it for TK (~1150 alac), only to find out later how much more fun and deadly Balance is in PvP. I'm enjoying the TK-level crit-gearing though. So I'm not sure I'll change it to the 1860 alacrity gear set -- might stick with the 1.4s threshold @ ~750.

What gearing do you guys run / prefer in pvp?

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

• 2 weeks later...
Maras and PT's can do that and none of them have an armour debuff.

The armour debuff isn't the issue.

It's about how many sorcs you can carry through the content, that's why you don't want 4 lightning sorcs in TFB NiM.

There's no fight to be had. Just be honest about it. It's all about DPS in the tightest fights and the developers do not allow all classes to be equally competitive.

Except PT does have an armor debuff though? A video also exists somewhere of 4 sorc dps killing Brontes NIM in 5.0. Now I really wanna try a 4 sorc NIM Terror kill and link the video here.

I agree sorc/sage dps /could/ be better....but it's 100% viable. We had a team running two sages a sentinel and a vanguard for awhile and it worked out nicely then one sage decided he was bored and now play gunslinger, but point is we still killed things like that.

• 4 months later...

OMG clearly who say sorc/sages are doing well are complitly out of the current state of the class as a whole.

Sorc/sage madnes/lightning, balance/tele is at the bottom at the dps list while other ranged dps are outshining the sorc/sages. Also a tons of players in EU realms dosent want to even consider to invite any sorcerers in to high end ops groups, reguardless of your gear, or your player skills, becasue the majoroty of the palyer base decided the cutt off sorc/sages completly out of the ops groups due to their bottom place on list as damage outputs.

I have no clue wich planet or univerese those guys lives on who say sorc/sages are fine but clearly they are all delusional. The numbers are speaks for them self. out of 1000 player 1000 player says they dont want sorc/sages into their group becasue they say they dps is not enough for them. 9.9k or 10.1k or in worst case cenario 8.3k dps is not enough for them? while other classes doing waaaaay more damage over 15k and so on. and compare those numbers and you see why everyone says sorc/sages are weak. So this BS about how sorc/sages are doing good is i clear BS.

Tons of guilds in EU realms are having the same opinions. So cut this sheet about how sorc/sages are doing fine while in fact they are sheet. even the most skillful palyers struggle to even put at least 8.2k dps. thats an issue. Not to mention the other classes how they perform so well and almost Over powering other specs becasue they are bugged. Interestingly thats not a problem? letting runn in teh game with bugged specs with op damages while other classes are struggle?

Yeah right and then always hearing sorc is a sheet sage is a sheet as dps, well f that. people are asking sorc/sage buffs for a very good reason, and not becsaue they want to over throw any other specs they just dont accepting to be at the bottom of the dps list. And they are completly right about that. So how about to support them instead of completly cutt them off form the game. Because thats what is going on now.

My opinion concerning the Lightning Sorcerer, is that it is completely useless in level 70 warzones, and unplayable in level 70 arenas. It does not pump out enough burst to pressure or kill anything in level 70 pvp, and a burst spec is useless if it cannot do either of these.

YOUR DOING IT WRONG. My Soec/sage both do very well top 5 or 3 in kills, dmg, goals. yesterday my sorce 3 out 6 games i took 1st once, 2nd twice and top 5 the rest of the matches. Dont know what you r doing different but, good luck with that....

Jugger, merc, mara, assa.

Is that an AoE pull we are talking about? Because sorc has pretty good AoE damage and can definitely beat at least merc by AoE DPS. For other 3 classes it depends on situation and spec. But anyway, Chain Lightning into Force Storm into Chain Lightning is one of the highest AoE burst combos right now, you rarely need more that that + couple more Force Storms when dealing with adds.

If you are actually talking about pure single target damage... You can't be serious, right? Nobody is hitting even 12k right now. Where are you taking 15k from?

Here are the parsley stats with the current 5.10 patch: http://parsely.io/parser/stats

Nope, no 15k here. Though Tactics/AP theoretically hits 13,500 on a 500k hp dummy.

Does anyone know if these stats are based on 258 gear? I assume they are based on highest gear in the current patch.

Ah, you're right. I didn't realize those were based off the actual leaderboards. I thought they were potential numbers based on the current gear. Here is Ryanner's 13,500 parse on 500k dummy: http://parsely.io/parser/view/411232/0. 42 of 62 hits are crits :D

So if 13,500 is possible, I wonder how close to 15,000 you could get with 258 MH/OH.

Ah, you're right. I didn't realize those were based off the actual leaderboards. I thought they were potential numbers based on the current gear. Here is Ryanner's 13,500 parse on 500k dummy: http://parsely.io/parser/view/411232/0. 42 of 62 hits are crits :D

So if 13,500 is possible, I wonder how close to 15,000 you could get with 258 MH/OH.

15k is probably possible with 258 MH (I already have OH), I've gotten openings to 2.5mil parses that were 14.5k so 15k is probably possible if literally everything important crits.

OMG clearly who say sorc/sages are doing well are complitly out of the current state of the class as a whole.

Sorc/sage madnes/lightning, balance/tele is at the bottom at the dps list while other ranged dps are outshining the sorc/sages. Also a tons of players in EU realms dosent want to even consider to invite any sorcerers in to high end ops groups, reguardless of your gear, or your player skills, becasue the majoroty of the palyer base decided the cutt off sorc/sages completly out of the ops groups due to their bottom place on list as damage outputs.

I have no clue wich planet or univerese those guys lives on who say sorc/sages are fine but clearly they are all delusional. The numbers are speaks for them self. out of 1000 player 1000 player says they dont want sorc/sages into their group becasue they say they dps is not enough for them. 9.9k or 10.1k or in worst case cenario 8.3k dps is not enough for them? while other classes doing waaaaay more damage over 15k and so on. and compare those numbers and you see why everyone says sorc/sages are weak. So this BS about how sorc/sages are doing good is i clear BS.

Tons of guilds in EU realms are having the same opinions. So cut this sheet about how sorc/sages are doing fine while in fact they are sheet. even the most skillful palyers struggle to even put at least 8.2k dps. thats an issue. Not to mention the other classes how they perform so well and almost Over powering other specs becasue they are bugged. Interestingly thats not a problem? letting runn in teh game with bugged specs with op damages while other classes are struggle?

Yeah right and then always hearing sorc is a sheet sage is a sheet as dps, well f that. people are asking sorc/sage buffs for a very good reason, and not becsaue they want to over throw any other specs they just dont accepting to be at the bottom of the dps list. And they are completly right about that. So how about to support them instead of completly cutt them off form the game. Because thats what is going on now.

My Guild on an EU Realm will gladly take your sage/sorc on a mastermode run & you can take all the nice loot...if your creditwallet is big enough

it seems you are serious about that... omg....

i feel sorry for you

I can confirm that. i just recently saw those classes doing 17k and more at the grobthok encounter in dread fortress....

man all those damage they did through the ugnaughts shields...amazing :rak_01:

Edited by ultimarb

Is it really that big of a deal to just give sorcerers a minor buff, they are clearly below par in certain regions, and their ability to be played well is entirely incumbent of the minmaxing of experts, making them an more difficult class to play for people new to the game.

Even just a minor, slight, marginal increase in cast time for madness, and a tiny crit boost for lightning would make them comparable to other classes without expert minmaxing.

Edited by RadonisNovodomus