Silence of the devs

Ottoattack

We have not heard from the devs. since the last update last 4/24/13 regarding the bolster and its issues. Are there any plans to fix/improve the bolster? Or we are pretty much stuck with this buggy system? Will we have to wait for 2.1 or that's a cartel market update..

Please respond so we at least know which direction the game is heading, so if we are stuck with the broken bolster, at least we can adjust accordingly and figure out which gear works best (obliviously it is not PvP gear currently), so we can have some sort of competitive play.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about? Just yesterday they asked us, "What do you like spending your Cartel Coins on?" :rolleyes:

This.

Its because they have no good answers. Ironically, its usually class balance people cry about, not the pvp experience itself. Not good.

Please note, the Gold names that usually respond via threads are not developers, but CS reps, in which I think Eric does a tremendous (and thankless) job at doing. Having said that, he streamlines here what he is told by the Development team, so if he hasn't chimed in, it stands to reason the Develpment team is still scratching their heads over their own broken system.

Please note, the Gold names that usually respond via threads are not developers, but CS reps, in which I think Eric does a tremendous (and thankless) job at doing. Having said that, he streamlines here what he is told by the Development team, so if he hasn't chimed in, it stands to reason the Develpment team is still scratching their heads over their own broken system.

this.

actual devs only post during PTS cycles, or on very very rare occasions.

Actually, yes, Eric is the one usually responds. And I like his responses mostly. Regardless, BW (wither its Eric or someone else) need to make a statement giving us the players an idea of where the bolster is heading, or if we are stuck with it as is, so we plan or gear and itemization for PvP accordingly. I noted after I spent all my PvP comms on my first toon that it was a bad idea to buy PvP gear. I have two other toon at 55 fully decked on comms. I want (and I am sure many others) to know if I should spend these comms or not.

Even with broken bolster that we have within a month or two, when the dust settles, players will adjust to get the most benefit out of the system, which currently seem as a mixture of PvP gear, PvE gear and lvl 30 greens :p. The problem is I want to know where will the dust settle before I start using my accumulated resources (comms+money) to buy gear, then BW comes and changes the system, which renders the resources I spent pointless.

Edited by Ottoattack

Yes communications would alleviate tons of the angst among the player base, minus the constant ************ on the forums. If they just let us know what is going on, an estimated ETA (I know that hard as any sign of a date and if it isn't met people will bash the dev staff personally and the company in general so I don't blame them here), what the realistic goal is and the PvE gear should never be BiS in PvP.

I find it hard to believe the goal is a mix of PvE and PvP gear being the best for WZs. That is a death sentence for some PvP subs, I would think as most PvPers dont want to PvE so they can PvP at the highest level. Top level PvE gear should be at least 10% below the lowest level of PvP gear at the time with it bolstered and no combination of PvE & PvP gear should provide better stats. I realize the latter part of that statement may take some fine tuning but it would be nice to hear if that is indeed the goal.

Also a statement on the Aug crap, people are starting to exploit it more and more because as one of them told me "they cannot compete with the Pubs without it".

All and all they can alleviate some of this pain with simple communication however we the communicate have to be open to it and not crucify them if they dont meet a timeline or cant complete exactly what they commented on. Which I know is likely to never happen since they forums are like a bunch of catty *****es bashing each other or the company or the game.

Here's hoping for some information and a fast resolution to this crap situation.

We have not heard from the devs. since the last update last 4/24/13 regarding the bolster and its issues. Are there any plans to fix/improve the bolster? Or we are pretty much stuck with this buggy system? Will we have to wait for 2.1 or that's a cartel market update..

Please respond so we at least know which direction the game is heading, so if we are stuck with the broken bolster, at least we can adjust accordingly and figure out which gear works best (obliviously it is not PvP gear currently), so we can have some sort of competitive play.

Wait for Teso then move on. This game will die day by day more and more. Our love for SWTOR universe can't fill up the empty space DEVS make having no idea about it.

I want to know what the plan is, too. I have intentionally avoided hitting 55 with my characters because there is so much unknown right now. I'm starting to wish I didn't purchase RotHC....

Speaking of which, is it possible to undo the expansion? Yes, take my characters back to 50 so that I can continue in sub-55 pvp bliss. From what I've heard of 55 pvp, it doesn't sound like as fun of an experience as sub-55 right now. Actually, I like the new character abilities acquired at 51, so maybe can I just opt-out of ever hitting 55? That would be swell. I suppose I could just quit warzones right before the end. That way I won't get XP and I won't feel like a jerk to my teammates for leaving.

i do believe the corporate strategy is lay low and hope it goes away

No kidding. You'd think they'd have SOME sense of urgency with this...instead, they ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. If this were an easy path to XP, you bet they'd have it fixed THAT day.

I was thinking of this exact part of the movie:

Hannibal Lecter: [shouts] No!

[normal voice]

Hannibal Lecter: I will listen now. After your father's murder, you were orphaned. You were ten years old. You went to live with cousins on a sheep and horse ranch in Montana. And...?

Clarice Starling: [tears begin forming in her eyes] And one morning, I just ran away.

Hannibal Lecter:

No "just", Clarice. What set you off? You started at what time?

Clarice Starling: Early, still dark.

Hannibal Lecter: Then something woke you, didn't it? Was it a dream? What was it?

Clarice Starling: I heard a strange noise.

Hannibal Lecter: What was it?

Clarice Starling: It was... screaming. Some kind of screaming, like a child's voice.

Hannibal Lecter: What did you do?

Clarice Starling: I went downstairs, outside. I crept up into the barn. I was so scared to look inside, but I had to.

Hannibal Lecter: And what did you see, Clarice? What did you see?

Clarice Starling: Lambs. The lambs were screaming.

Hannibal Lecter: They were slaughtering the spring lambs?

Clarice Starling: And they were screaming.

Hannibal Lecter: And you ran away?

Clarice Starling: No. First I tried to free them. I... I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't run.

Hannibal Lecter: But you could and you did, didn't you?

Clarice Starling: Yes. I took one lamb, and I ran away as fast as I could.

Hannibal Lecter: Where were you going, Clarice?

Clarice Starling: I don't know. I didn't have any food, any water and it was very cold, very cold. I thought, I thought if I could save just one, but... he was so heavy. So heavy. I didn't get more than a few miles when the sheriff's car picked me up. The rancher was so angry he sent me to live at the Lutheran orphanage in Bozeman. I never saw the ranch again.

Hannibal Lecter: What became of your lamb, Clarice?

Clarice Starling: They killed him.

Replace "lamb" with PvPer and it kind of works.

i do believe the corporate strategy is lay low and hope it goes away

Problem is it's the customers that are going away not the issue.

I regret spending $10 on the expansion now, the game is worse now than before, I want my $10 back!

The lambs are still "screaming". I should just self-slaughter my account and save the time so they can work on PvE and the Cartel market..

"What became of your account, Clarice?"

"They sold it to Emeritus of Avarice..."

:D

Edited by L-RANDLE

Problem is it's the customers that are going away not the issue.

I regret spending $10 on the expansion now, the game is worse now than before, I want my $10 back!

Thing is, the game's not actually worse if they simply went back to the old system, and updated the recruit gear to something worthwhile (partisan stats, but 1400 expertise for the set versus 2018).

It's such a simple, simple fix. They were using it before.

Remove bolster from level 55, and all these problems go away. If I'm Hickman, I'm asking someone why the hell we did this. Re-creating the wheel and doing it poorly.

If they REALLY wanted to make pvpers happy with this expansion, instead of p***ing away all the resources on this terrible bolster, they should have created a new huttball map. The only good thing they did for us this expansion was splitting up 10-49 into (now) 10-29 and 30-54.

They actually did a pretty god job with PvP balance on the whole this patch. Sure a couple class specs need work but I mean, on the whole...it's solid. I see more and more balanced DPS numbers in warzones, and I see more classes doing them. Healing's a bit over the top, but not massively.

Edited by islander

There is your answer, along with the cartel market things. They can sure pump out cartel items regularly

to be fair, creating these things are stupid easy. When this was sub only, they were clearly holding out on us because they were deep down expecting to HAVE to go the F2P route down the line. Probably the point where we had 80 dead servers and they had no ability to move us for months? Yeah, that was when F2P plan was being implemented