Nostalgia of KOTOR

YoshiRaphElan

Okay, was just thinking about KOTOR a few minutes ago and was sricken by a wave of nosalgia. I wanted to rush into my bedroom and start up the ol' Xbox 360, but sadly it is in a state of disrepair. So I just thought. And came up with these memories.

I actually played KOTOR II before KOTOR, and thus had no idea where in the timeline this game took place. I was nine at the time and Obi-Wan and Anakin were my heroes. So I ripped it open and shoved it in the Xbox. I started up the character creation screen, selected the male (of course, I was a nine-year-old boy and thus, girls were icky), and chose the dark-haired, bearded face, which I thought looked a lot like Obi-Wan. Thus, I named him OBI-WAN (that's right, all caps!).

After a few minutes of playing, I found a weapon I'd never heard of before: a vibroblade! I found it very cool looking and instantly loved the idea of a non-lightsaber bladed weapon. Anyway, a few years later I recieved KOTOR from my uncle and loved that one too. Here are a few fond memories:

1. Peragus. I thought (and still do) that the place was so cool.

2. HK-50. KOTOR II first, remember? Thus, I had no idea this droid was an assassin until I fought him.

3. As previously stated, vibroblades.

4. Atton Rand. Han Solo, anyone?

5. Companions. I'd never seen a game where you had companions.

6. Mining uniform. It was such a sharp relief to finally be in clothes after ten minutes of playing in my underwear!

7. Bao-Dur. Whose name I pronounced Bow-Dur. He was my best friend's favorite character.

Now on to KOTOR 1:

1. Taris. I still love the Upper City.

2. I actually started out with clothes and didn't have to run around for ten minutes looking!

3. Quarterstaffs. My brother especially liked these. We felt like ninjas.

4. MUCHA-SHAKKA-PAKKA! :D

5. Making my lightsaber. So much easier than in KOTOR II.

Anyway, I've babbled on enough. What are some of your guys' favorite nostalgic memories from KOTOR and KOTOR II, if any?

The entirety of both games, everything in that series has a nostalgic moment for me.

When thinking of SWTOR, I in-fact just finished the Endar Spire area today, I loved just how much it resembled the first game inside, and the fact you can find Bastila's escape pod was a brilliant idea.

The entirety of both games, everything in that series has a nostalgic moment for me.

When thinking of SWTOR, I in-fact just finished the Endar Spire area today, I loved just how much it resembled the first game inside, and the fact you can find Bastila's escape pod was a brilliant idea.

You know, I thought that whole thing was neat as hell but I couldn't help but wonder just how the crap it survived being shot to **** and then an uncrontrolled descent and re-entry from Orbit.

That's what I love about SWTOR is that it brings things back for me with the KOTOR games. Visiting Taris was amazing for me, I agree. Seeing the force ghost of Meetra. So epic.

One of the most epic moments for me in KOTOR II: TSL was the siege on the palace of Onderon, where if you were light side you would be defending, and if you were with the dark side, you would be on the attack. You had to deal with a slicer who would set up traps for you, and try to halt your progress. It was a very well written, and well coordinated part of the game that I deeply enjoyed.

If you were dark side you would siege the castle, and then fight a powerful jedi master at the end. It was great.

Woah did I either forget that part or missit on Taris haha. I did Taris months ago and have't been on sinse...was one of the missions (I did alllllll of them....so many...) making us find the pod, or was it just another easter egg hidden on the map?

Dantooine. Especially when you get back into the upper level of the Jedi academy. The music, the way Kreia goes "It has been some time. It seems the years have been unkind to us both". Dantooine always has a special place for me. Partly because in SWG, we had our city there and partly because of the planet is just so... I don't know, soothing.

• 4 weeks later...

This. But yes, especially Dantooine. It never failed to relax me.

Then there were particular moments on a bunch of worlds, like mind-tricking the Selkath into locking up a Sith, or chatting with Jolee Bindo.

For KOTOR 2, I loved being at the Restoration Zone on Telos, and at the hidden tomb (of Ludo Kressh) on Korriban it was great learning more about the Exile's past (I know, Meetra, but she will always be "the Exile" to me).

Great thread! I spent countless hours exploring the worlds of Kotor I and II and these are the games that made me a SW fan. They also made me play an MMO for the first time (you guessed it).

I played them a few days after the release of ROTS and haven't touched them since but I still have a lot of fond memories.

Kreia remains one of my favorite characters of all times. The dialogue and exploration of SW lore in KOTOR II are unmatched to this day. I felt transported into another world when I played. My favorite places would be Dantooine (settling the dispute between the two rival families was a great part), Tatooine (same as in TOR) and Malachor 5, which was also incredibly atmospheric.

I hated the tutorial planets of those games, they took way too long to get done and were very boring, especially KoTOR II (Peragus/Telos).

Otherwise it was good, especially when my Exile got his double blade silver saber. Man..I need one of those in this game.

Kotor I & II have to be some of the bets games I ever played, (even though Kotor II was released UNFINISHED, and what a crime against gamers that was, may your manageriel soul burn in hell whoever made that decision).

Its a shame that all the recent games have been so so inferior in comparison, though id say ME2 was pretty awesome for the Suicide Mission ending.

The moment Darth Revan removed his mask and lo and behold, :eek: it was me! That moment took me by surprise and boys and girls, I've read a lot of books, seen a lot of movie and tv, played lots of games and I had never until then been taken by such surprise and love for the story.

That was my favorite moment and what I always remember first when I reminisce about KotOR. Oh.. and teasing Bastila. That was so cute :D

1. When I FINALLY killed Darth Bandon (it took minefields and everything! and...something hundred tries.)

2. Running around Dantooine with a yellow lightsaber.(Sentinel)

Kotor 2

3. Making a character that looked just like me

4. Getting my first robes( better than kotor 1's, ex. Dark Padawan robe, and lots of others.

I hated the tutorial planets of those games, they took way too long to get done and were very boring, especially KoTOR II (Peragus/Telos).

Otherwise it was good, especially when my Exile got his double blade silver saber. Man..I need one of those in this game.

oh yea, that too. i also liked my silver saber.

I loved both games and I still think it's a crying shame that BW didn't finish off with a third SP-RPG. The stories were well crafted, particularly KOTOR II. In fact, the Sith Lords suceeded in telling the story of a disillusioned Jedi on the brink of turning to the Dark Side far better than Episodes 1-3!

Someone mentioned Sion beating the living everything out of Kreia...man, yeah goosebumps accurately describes it! Maybe it's the combination of the music and Kreia's grunts, but it really made it seem brutal and evil. Gave me a whole new reason to hunt down Darth Sion and not want to back down when you face him the first time on Korriban. It also gave me the reason why I have an old lady with me, even though she's a grump and not funny like Jolee: She's flat-out tough.