Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carnage Rotation Advice (for the new mara players)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Carnage Rotation Advice (for the new mara players)

phalczen
02.13.2018 , 12:35 PM | #21
So, in light of the GCD/Alacrity interactions that have been hotly debated, and considering some of my own characters, I wanted to ask, what exactly constitutes a high alacrity build?

Like, the alacrity targets in Bant's model, which would be around 1482 in tier 4 rating 248 gear? For an alacrity % of 16.11% on the character sheet, and 46.11% during the berserk window which is still a 1.1s GCD?

Or, is it higher, like around 2159 which would give 20% alacrity on the character sheet and reach 50% during berserk for a 1s GCD? I mean, on paper it seems like it would be valid, and when you look Veelox's top carnage/combat parse from last week on the 2.5 mil dummy, the APM is around 60, which would seem to imply that player has high alacrity.

Or more like 1375 Alacrity Rating for a 15.39% on the character sheet and a 1.3s GCD, just like Arsenal Mercs?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

RACATW
02.15.2018 , 04:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by The_X View Post
Here's what happened... back in 2.0 some dev got rekt repeatedly by one or more Carnage marauders. It got so bad that the scream haunted him at night. vmm vmm vmm RAHH!! This dev, unable to L2P or heal to full and make them pay, weaseled his way onto the Combat Team and began systematically dismantling Carnage. Years later.. Carnage has no scream, is no longer really Carnage, and is heartbreaking to play. GG #Carnage4Life
I read this and started laughing, pretty great.

alexroof
04.15.2018 , 04:15 AM | #23
Also i can understand why mentioned all the things you mentioned, i disagree with you about you cant play it in raids you can still play carnage or combat in raids and you certainly are not behind far any dot classes sure you dont drive all the dot classes against the wall with you high dps but seriously isnt it a bit off the charts if the burst dps deals more dmg than the dot dps. Imao it is. Tho still Carnage can compete with almost every class in raid and perform quiet nicely compared with other classes, other specs.

That is all i wanted to say to your post. have a good day. cheers

alexroof
04.15.2018 , 04:16 AM | #24
Hey there i use 1449 alacrity and it suits well for me but i suggest if you dont have by now. try different points in alacrity out and take the one who suits fine for ya .

Equeliber
04.15.2018 , 06:58 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by alexroof View Post
Hey there i use 1449 alacrity and it suits well for me but i suggest if you dont have by now. try different points in alacrity out and take the one who suits fine for ya .
I run about the same alacrity (1480-ish, I think) and it indeed works very well.

P.S. Tried your setup, with your alacrity you have 10.4s CD on battering assault and with mine I have 10.3s CD. It's a little difference but I find the flow of my rotation a bit better. You need to go for 730 accuracy with mine though. It's a really small chance of missing and I miss just about one attack in like 5 ops fights, so it doesn't matter. And with new augments coming with 5.9 my setup will most likely be the most optimal for accuracy, actually.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

venusdiablo
07.17.2018 , 06:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Draekier View Post
High alacrity brings about a dps loss for carnage. Even on a dummy.
Apologies for bringing this up again but is there any evidence of this?

Also by high alacrity I'm assuming you mean the 1.3s gcd build right? I currently run the 1.3s gcd build but I'm not really willing to spend 20M creds replacing 5 x 240 alacrity augs for 5 x 240 mastery augs to be able to test the low alac build on a dummy and confirm if this statement is true.

Has someone tested this recently that can offer some input?

Thanks.

kissingaiur
07.17.2018 , 07:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by venusdiablo View Post
Apologies for bringing this up again but is there any evidence of this?

Also by high alacrity I'm assuming you mean the 1.3s gcd build right? I currently run the 1.3s gcd build but I'm not really willing to spend 20M creds replacing 5 x 240 alacrity augs for 5 x 240 mastery augs to be able to test the low alac build on a dummy and confirm if this statement is true.

Has someone tested this recently that can offer some input?

Thanks.
He (Draekier) is wrong. High alacrity on carnage provides more DPS. I have no idea where this guy is getting his info from but i'm 100% sure he is incorrect.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur