Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.6 - Precision Nerf - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
5.6 - Precision Nerf - Feedback

Khartu
10.29.2017 , 11:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by giorgo View Post
If you'd play the class you'd know that you can use 3 abilities in the window without clipping regardless of berserk. Clipping is all about the fourth ability, not the third.
The other issues are the flow of the spec, the major dps loss despite what the devs said, the burst that it will have now(worse than fury), the interaction with berserk and the interaction with alacrity. All that are getting destroyed with a single blow. But you'd know that if you played carnage and used half your brain.
Not sure where you get the idea that I don't understand clipping. Can you show me a statement where I say that clipping is about 3 abilities and not 4? Precision increases armor penetration by 100% for 3 seconds. Clipping allows you to cheese in another ability. It doesn't take a lot of brain power to understand this--it's something even you can understand. And, I was only addressing the clipping mechanic itself and not how the devs have chosen to remedy it. It is obvious if they are not using it to determine target DPS that it was not something intended. And, if I were designing a class I wouldn't design it in a way where clipping combinations were required around a 3 second window. I wouldn't do it as a matter of design probably for the same reasons as the devs didn't do it. Problems with server latency would be only one consideration.

So I agree with the devs in reworking the spec in order to remove the clip mandate. I don't agree with harming the class in the process. I just commented on clipping--and, I'm really glad to see it go--sadly, only one post really deals with possible solutions like adding another stack.

Torvai
10.29.2017 , 11:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by giorgo View Post
If you'd play the class you'd know that you can use 3 abilities in the window without clipping regardless of berserk. Clipping is all about the fourth ability, not the third.
How can you fit three 1.3 seconds into a 3 second window without clipping it?
Because that's what you're saying.
What they should do is give a 3rd stack while unser berserk.

shyroman
10.29.2017 , 11:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
How can you fit three 1.3 seconds into a 3 second window without clipping it?
Because that's what you're saying.
What they should do is give a 3rd stack while unser berserk.
Start ability at beginning of ferocity. Next ability starts at 1.3s into ferocity. 3rd ability starts at 2.6s withing ferocity and as long as it isn't VT/DST or a DB at range then it will hit before ferocity ends. No clipping involved. You can even do that with a 1.4s gcd.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Torvai
10.29.2017 , 11:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
Start ability at beginning of ferocity. Next ability starts at 1.3s into ferocity. 3rd ability starts at 2.6s withing ferocity and as long as it isn't VT/DST or a DB at range then it will hit before ferocity ends. No clipping involved. You can even do that with a 1.4s gcd.
Basically that's already clipping. You're activating ferocity practically after the first ability. Otherwise it can't fit.
If ferocity would respect the gcd, you would never fit 3 abilities inside, without berserk. Which would probably have been the easier fix. Give it a gcd and damage, done.

shyroman
10.30.2017 , 12:06 AM | #15
Basically that's already clipping. You're activating ferocity practically after the first ability. Otherwise it can't fit.
If ferocity would respect the gcd, you would never fit 3 abilities inside, without berserk. Which would probably have been the easier fix. Give it a gcd and damage, done.
Except it's not clipping, you're using ferocity first then abilities after. You have around .3 seconds of wiggle room to activate an ability after ferocity if you have a 1.3s gcd, absolutely no clipping required. They tried making the old ferocity on the gcd once, the dislike of it and how much it hurt how the spec played made them scrap it.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

RACATW
10.30.2017 , 12:15 AM | #16
?

Gore was on gcd in 3.0... well ferocity as they call it now.

RACATW
10.30.2017 , 12:35 AM | #17
Like the other carnage player's in the announcement thread I don't see a future for it. It's dead, a weak spec with no self heals or burst capability. No fun, no skill and not unique, essentially having a juggs gather strength utility.

giorgo
10.30.2017 , 12:43 AM | #18
/facepalm

InvalidTag
10.30.2017 , 01:10 AM | #19
A thought about the server latency issue:
i played on harbringer till april, and with 200-300ms latency i can clip easily; just need to get used to the moment you need to clip in bersek window and outside it. I moved to TRE and i boosted dps cause of latency(50-60) around 300dps. So if a player wanna clip with 200+ latency he can. Aussies can clipp successfully. But the lack of will to learn to play is the big issue.
The problem is that winners complain that they cant pull the numbers. But they dont even try to improve. And idiots from EA change the "utility" of clipping. IS it ok that yesterday i did like 5 parses fury, and got 10200 dps and my best carnage parse is 10220?
I did like 300+ parses carnage and 5 fury? whats the point in doing carnage? and what will be the point? Mara is melee, its burst and will be the worst dps spec.
I'm an average marauder, so i might be wrong, but after ferocity nerf i see no point of using carnage in any nim fight. No aoe, no burst, no nothing. When keith came , i thought things would get better, but its the same idiotic arguments and moves.
Eric, pls do us a favor and resign. You're clearly not ment for something like this. Take with you the morron from class balance who doesnt know you can have 3 skills in ferocity without clipping and that ferocity isnt an utility. There are plenty other activities you and him can do: like working teh land, plants. Work phisicly, cause not all people are ment for MMO's

yellow_
10.30.2017 , 01:23 AM | #20
please just revert the change

if not:
1) ataru form hits from ferocity boosted abilities should also get the armor pen
2) sweeping slash and ravage should also be boostable
3) either you should just get 3 stacks for each ferocity or activating the ability during beserk should grant 3