Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.0 Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder Guides by Hayete

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
5.0 Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder Guides by Hayete

Bahadori
12.22.2016 , 05:09 PM | #1
Hey there Twin Saber fans!

The guides are now live! I was literally contacted by Dulfy.net moments ago in regards to writing the 5.0 guides for their site. Since the request came so late and I pretty much have already done the work on my own site (29 hours plus!) for the mean time I'll keep them hosted on Hayete.net. I did give Dulfy permission to link over to my guides if she so chooses. A lot of time and thought went into the structure, format, and look of these guides. If you have any suggestions on improvements feel free to let me know.

As with 3.0 and 4.0 I wanted to officially start a thread here for those of you who want to ask questions through the forums. My guides do have their own comments section for questions if you would rather leave them there or do not have the ability to post here (sorry F2P). As with all my guides and forum posts here please feel free to comment with your feedback and questions. As always I aim to keep my guides and posts informative and progressive. Feel free to open up dialogue with your fellow gamers and offer advice and opinions as that is the only way we learn. With that said please no trolling, negative "Sentinels/Marauders Suck" comments, etc. doing so will be reported. Lets keep this a positive post for those who enjoy the class/spec and are looking to progress. Thank you, have fun, and I hope you enjoy the hard work!

Update (12/27/16):

Update(12/31/16):

Added the following topics to the "Tips & Tricks" chapter of both guides
  • Cooldown Text
  • Ability Action Que
  • Keybinding
  • Click Playing (Clicking)

Update: (1/24/17)

- Guides updated for 5.1
- Double Alacrity bug has been fixed. If you were affected by this bug your Alacrity percentage will have dropped by 3%

Update: (3/28/17)

- Guides updated with new Alternate Rotation (Rotation image and explanation)

Marstrike
12.23.2016 , 03:37 AM | #2
Hey, thanks for this. I've just came back to try out the game after the recent performance fixes and am playing sentinel again.

No clue about a lot of the new skills let alone rotation.

Ginkotea
12.23.2016 , 04:24 AM | #3
Thanks a lot for the guide. Going to start reading now, but it *looks* very nice

Bahadori
12.23.2016 , 08:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Marstrike View Post
Hey, thanks for this. I've just came back to try out the game after the recent performance fixes and am playing sentinel again.

No clue about a lot of the new skills let alone rotation.
Well you may benefit heavily from the "Abilities" chapter of the guide then. Welcome back and hope you enjoy the game.

Bahadori
12.23.2016 , 08:07 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ginkotea View Post
Thanks a lot for the guide. Going to start reading now, but it *looks* very nice
Thanks mate! I'm very proud of the look and feel of the guides

Marstrike
12.23.2016 , 08:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bahadori View Post
Well you may benefit heavily from the "Abilities" chapter of the guide then. Welcome back and hope you enjoy the game.
Yeah i've just now found out that 'blade barrage' was a replacement of 'blade dance' which was a replacement for master strike?.

I think last time i played sentinel combat was a broken and "avoid at all costs" spec and it was all about stacking crit and surge to land one big op smash.

anyway, ye...great guide and presentation.

Frenesi
12.23.2016 , 05:00 PM | #7
You Carnage guide has quite a number of names messed with Combat.

Also, may i suggest adding links towards next section at the bottom of each page? Current site setup isn't very convenient, forcing you to scroll back to top every time.
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

Bahadori
12.23.2016 , 06:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Frenesi View Post
You Carnage guide has quite a number of names messed with Combat.

Also, may i suggest adding links towards next section at the bottom of each page? Current site setup isn't very convenient, forcing you to scroll back to top every time.
Can you specifically point out these typo's mate? As you can imagine translating over from one to the other things are bound to be missed. Additionally, check the bottom right of each page... there's a "back to the top" button for that reason.

Troelsen
12.23.2016 , 08:41 PM | #9
Thank you!

Bahadori
12.23.2016 , 09:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Troelsen View Post
Thank you!
You're most welcome mate, enjoy