Can't beat final boss in Echos of Oblivion

lukeisjedi

Yes but maybe I wasn't using it right? Am I supposed to use it as he's healing?

I think it's something like that. I'll admit that I haven't followed a rule taught to me by the experience of one of my own characters about six years ago:

Find a quiet moment when you aren't actually fighting anyone to read the tooltips about what your abilities do.

Also, keep an eye on when bosses and boss-like foes are casting or channeling stuff, as those are good moments to interrupt them - I believe the first segment's special ability interrupts a specific ability that the boss uses.

I haven't died in that fight yet, do you play story difficulty? So far I've just spammed the special abilities whenever the cooldown finishes.

The Valkorion form does heal but I can't really tell what triggers it, I think it's coming within range of those "fountain" props that spawn around him.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

It is a bit difficult depending on your gear. I was able to do it with my sage and sorceress but those are the only ones I took through this as I still believe the first set of adds is bugged (with Valkorian) as you cannot target them like you can the rest. Edited by casirabit

It is a bit difficult depending on your gear. I was able to do it with my sage and sorceress but those are the only ones I took through this as I still believe the first set of adds is bugged (with Valkorian) as you cannot target them like you can the rest.

You don't need to target them, as far as I can see.

That said, both the characters I've sent through that (one DS Jugg and one LS Shadow) wear 306s.

You don't need to target them, as far as I can see.

That said, both the characters I've sent through that (one DS Jugg and one LS Shadow) wear 306s.

I don't think gear means much in this specific mission, I went through it with characters that don't have very good gear without much issue. The Mando flashpoint gave those chars trouble tho.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't need any strategy. I use the temporary "Companion" powers as soon as they come up and use my own afterwards. I get down to a third of my health sometimes but somehow I get healed. I suspect Satele. Valkorian's minions are immune to everything, so I stay on him. Vitiate's minions can be destroyed, so I go after them when I'm low on health and need a break. When a few are out of commission I'm nearly full health again and Vitiate goes down fast. Then I just pound away at Tenebrae until I win.