Did Theron divorce me?! Without telling me

Sloancrusher

Not sure if this is a known issue...but I just finished playing Echos of Oblivion after a year absence. I even subscribed again. Anyway, at the end, while my sith jugg. was talking to her mother in law, there was no option that allows my sith to say how much she loves Theron. The only option besides "he needs you" and "theron is nothing to me" is "Hes a good friend"?!?!?!? I thought that maybe after the last expansion, theron was mad enough and so he broke up with me (or my Sith)but we still have a status of marriage in the companion information section. Is this a bug? An issue? Or did he really divorce me without my knowledge? Because I also didn't get any mail from him either. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
ALSO let me rant about lack of any private meeting with Theron after I saved his mother and my romance is NOT bugged.

Yeah, because why wake up to your romanced Theron after he's been there the whole time to save his mother with you when you can wake up to non romanced Lana and her big siringe when she wasn't even there in the first place ?

That perfectly makes sense, right ?

No no no, i'm not mad at all... Especially since the only private romance scene with Theron after Nathema was during the Hearts and Minds story bit, every other time you get Lana as a third wheel...

Edited by Goreshaga

I'm guessing it's budget. Because of their idiotic decision to allow the Wrong Way To Play possibility at the end of Nathema Conspiracy, twice, they can't program the game heavily with Theron anymore. They could technically with a simple If Theron Is There Then Do This Scene algorithm, but it's a matter of doing the programming, animation, and dialogue that costs money. They'd have to do each scene twice - once with Theron and once without.

The solution is simple. If Played Wrong Option 1, pull a Deus Ex Machina where an NPC saved him when you left. He returns because you saved his mother. If Played Wrong Option 2, he returns because you saved his mother.

You've been hit by one of the bugs. I got a ton of story flags ruined in the last content drop, including romance flags, just as I'd come back to the game after a over a year's break.. -.-'

nearly made me rage quit the game again.

I do not think they can retroactively fix it. Some of my characters have been broken for a while including my SI who still has the quest for 'cheating' / 'change of romance' locked in her quest log can't be completed as she hasn't flirted with anyone but Andronikos.

Yeah, because why wake up to your romanced Theron after he's been there the whole time to save his mother with you when you can wake up to non romanced Lana and her big siringe when she wasn't even there in the first place ?

That perfectly makes sense, right ?

No no no, i'm not mad at all... Especially since the only private romance scene with Theron after Nathema was during the Hearts and Minds story bit, every other time you get Lana as a third wheel...

2 years ago i said they'd do this. because now that Theron can be --- we will have Lana for everything except a throw away line here and there that is ejected into the cutscene randomly by him that has absolutely no point overall. "Canon-wise", he's not meant to be there since we got that option. *shrug*

I'm guessing it's budget. Because of their idiotic decision to allow the Wrong Way To Play possibility at the end of Nathema Conspiracy, twice, they can't program the game heavily with Theron anymore. They could technically with a simple If Theron Is There Then Do This Scene algorithm, but it's a matter of doing the programming, animation, and dialogue that costs money. They'd have to do each scene twice - once with Theron and once without.

The solution is simple. If Played Wrong Option 1, pull a Deus Ex Machina where an NPC saved him when you left. He returns because you saved his mother. If Played Wrong Option 2, he returns because you saved his mother.

God, you just reminded me how horribly botched the whole Nathema thing was, you spend all that time beating the player over the head hint after hint that it's not real, even have other characters defending him, and for them to still have that option in the end knowing the truth? Makes your character look/sound stupid whether they're LS or DS. Seriously who signed off on that option? lmao

You've been hit by one of the bugs. I got a ton of story flags ruined in the last content drop, including romance flags, just as I'd come back to the game after a over a year's break.. -.-'

nearly made me rage quit the game again.

I do not think they can retroactively fix it. Some of my characters have been broken for a while including my SI who still has the quest for 'cheating' / 'change of romance' locked in her quest log can't be completed as she hasn't flirted with anyone but Andronikos.

2 years ago i said they'd do this. because now that Theron can be --- we will have Lana for everything except a throw away line here and there that is ejected into the cutscene randomly by him that has absolutely no point overall. "Canon-wise", he's not meant to be there since we got that option. *shrug*

Not like they weren't forcing Lana already lmao even when you romanced Theron, at points in the story like when you woke up from your dream Lana was the first face you saw and i'm like damn, does Theron ever spend time with the person he's with? I love you Lana but please skooch over.

But are you sure "canon-wise" he shouldn't be there? I don't think that option would be canon, especially if you consider the fact if you skip over the Nathema content and jump right to onslaught he's still there. Pretty sure if there was a canon it'd be the forgive option as that's what makes the most sense to begin with given how hard that plot tried to make you aware about the truth, it's a pure illogical DS choice to take the second option, a choice there just for the hell of it or thrill

But yeah I get your meaning, where there were two balanced advisors, this gives them the opportunity to use only one as the default for all the alliance briefings, all the rescues etc, Lana. Of course in typical Bioware fashion the male LI got the short stick. Which is annoying and sucks. I liked having two different opinions, now they have to make Lana into some bland neutral character who just agrees with everything the commander suggest because of what they did to the republic one and now she has to make up for that loss and seem unbiased

Simply put, they handled a core advisor character poorly, only Theron was more than just an advisor, but pretty much the backbone of the alliance. He made most of the connections, got most of the contacts and recruits, helped build it from the ground up, provided much of the intel, even was the one involved in the taking out of the star fortressea. An integral part of the faction, him gone the alliance is missing a piece and some of it's flavor, might as well go back to Republic vs Empire now. Need to take lessons from FFXIV, they have survived several expansions with the same advisor characters and core team alive and well, and have managed to keep them compelling throughout every expansion they have only gotten better. It's not hard. Nathema conspiracy was so lazy, and a piss poor exit for a long time advisor character

Edited by vallixas

Not like they weren't forcing Lana already lmao even when you romanced Theron, at points in the story like when you woke up from your dream Lana was the first face you saw and i'm like damn, does Theron ever spend time with the person he's with? I love you Lana but please skooch over.

But are you sure "canon-wise" he shouldn't be there? I don't think that option would be canon, especially if you consider the fact if you skip over the Nathema content and jump right to onslaught he's still there. Pretty sure if there was a canon it'd be the forgive option as that's what makes the most sense to begin with given how hard that plot tried to make you aware about the truth, it's a pure illogical DS choice to take the second option, a choice there just for the hell of it or thrill

But yeah I get your meaning, where there were two balanced advisors, this gives them the opportunity to use only one as the default for all the alliance briefings, all the rescues etc, Lana. Of course in typical Bioware fashion the male LI got the short stick. Which is annoying and sucks. I liked having two different opinions, now they have to make Lana into some bland neutral character who just agrees with everything the commander suggest because of what they did to the republic one and now she has to make up for that loss and seem unbiased

Simply put, they handled a core advisor character poorly, only Theron was more than just an advisor, but pretty much the backbone of the alliance. He made most of the connections, got most of the contacts and recruits, helped build it from the ground up, provided much of the intel, even was the one involved in the taking out of the star fortressea. An integral part of the faction, him gone the alliance is missing a piece and some of it's flavor, might as well go back to Republic vs Empire now. Need to take lessons from FFXIV, they have survived several expansions with the same advisor characters and core team alive and well, and have managed to keep them compelling throughout every expansion they have only gotten better. It's not hard. Nathema conspiracy was so lazy, and a piss poor exit for a long time advisor character

You got it here. He started as so important, and co-support character and story driver alongside Lana (I far preferred having the two, rather then just Lana. It's not right without them both being equally important in story anymore). Now if you remove every single time he says something in a cutscene post-Nathema nothing he says/does, absolutely nothing, makes any impact at all on the story line. This was my main meaning in regards to my canon remark. If he was canon main story character now, it would actually cause issues in the story line to remove everything he says. Try doing the same with Lana.. ;):p

I don't even hate Lana, I actually see her as a good friend of my character regardless... but I still think she gets too much time and emotional scenes.

Also if you saved Arcann and Senya

And let them help.. Theron doesn't even show up on any of the shuttles on the way to Kira and Scourge's ship to save Satele. :rolleyes:

But yeah not meaning to derail more. I am actually more peeved off at all my story flag bugs, including losing 2 Theron romances the same way as op. 5 of my 7 of my characters got ruined and I have had to start over. Finally learned my lesson: don't play new content until the next content drop to avoid story bugs as much as possible.

You got it here. He started as so important, and co-support character and story driver alongside Lana (I far preferred having the two, rather then just Lana. It's not right without them both being equally important in story anymore). Now if you remove every single time he says something in a cutscene post-Nathema nothing he says/does, absolutely nothing, makes any impact at all on the story line. This was my main meaning in regards to my canon remark. If he was canon main story character now, it would actually cause issues in the story line to remove everything he says. Try doing the same with Lana.. ;):p

I don't even hate Lana, I actually see her as a good friend of my character regardless... but I still think she gets too much time and emotional scenes.

Also if you saved Arcann and Senya

And let them help.. Theron doesn't even show up on any of the shuttles on the way to Kira and Scourge's ship to save Satele. :rolleyes:

But yeah not meaning to derail more. I am actually more peeved off at all my story flag bugs, including losing 2 Theron romances the same way as op. 5 of my 7 of my characters got ruined and I have had to start over. Finally learned my lesson: don't play new content until the next content drop to avoid story bugs as much as possible.

Honestly? at this point, you could remove Lana. Her and Theron pretty much serve the same roles now, only she shows up more now. She serves at relaying information now rather than driving the story forward. So they've both taken a back seat, i've found that Lana had more "secretary" like scenes in this expansion where she's just telling the PC that she will prepare something or whatever then she goes off never to be seen until the mission end. "so how did it go commander", mostly stuff that can easily be said by other characters. This is basically most of the alliance companions now. They're all losing their character

I hadn't noticed the shuttle part, but I did find it odd how our PC wakes up from the ends of Echoes of oblivion to Lana. Theron's whole reason for coming was you and satele, it seems very odd to me how you get knocked out and Theron just ups and jumps on a shuttle leaving you with Lana, they all do lmao

I mean Bio, if you're going to allow him to come with us, make it make sense. But I guess they're trying. Did you play through the expansion without a romanced Theron? how was it? because for me Theron showed up a lot of times alongside Lana, like how they were always together during SoR. Some scenes they even had the old banter they used to. Does he consistently show up alongside her non-romanced?

But yeah, for someone with that option, Theron still shows up A LOT more than the other characters with a kill option. I think they looked at the statistics and saw the vast majority saved him.

Edited by vallixas