Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Earthmama
08.27.2012 , 10:39 AM | #1241
So as luck would have it, I had a terrible day yesterday. It involved rescuing three malnourished and lost kittens, I brought them to the Humane Society.....and then their owner, who should not be allowed to own animals, came to our front door, and threatened me and my family, cops got involved....and I got no sleep last night.

So with that in mind, and that being the mood I was in, here is Worst Day Ever featuring my BH Avacynne

Warning
Spoiler

Lucky Shot

Spoiler

kabeone
08.27.2012 , 11:06 AM | #1242
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
So as luck would have it, I had a terrible day yesterday. It involved rescuing three malnourished and lost kittens, I brought them to the Humane Society.....and then their owner, who should not be allowed to own animals, came to our front door, and threatened me and my family, cops got involved....and I got no sleep last night.

So with that in mind, and that being the mood I was in, here is Worst Day Ever featuring my BH Avacynne
I'm sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. I'm glad the kittens were lucky enough that you found them and got them somewhere safe.

Your story was so wrenching and real. It's one of those reasons people don't tell anyone until they're past the first trimester. I almost stopped at the warning, but I'm glad I didn't. <3

Tatile
08.27.2012 , 11:19 AM | #1243

Damn, people have been having terrible days, but you just went straight for gut-wrenching. That was horribly detailed; I'm glad I'm not trying

Earthmama
08.27.2012 , 11:40 AM | #1244
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Damn, people have been having terrible days, but you just went straight for gut-wrenching. That was horribly detailed; I'm glad I'm not trying
If/when you do start trying, nothing but positive karma heading your way. Yesterday, the jack hole threatened my kids, it's why we called the cops, you don't mess with my children. So while I was tossing and turning last night, all I could think about was the possibility of losing them. This was really cathartic to write, getting my fears down. It's also why I put the warning there, because making it any less detailed would have felt like a cheat.

bright_ephemera
08.27.2012 , 11:49 AM | #1245
@Earthmama :'(

@iamthehoyden I like your Gault. I never hear anybody talking about Gault, but I like yours.

@Morgani Brei! Quit it!

Turning Point for my femSmuggler Nic. Spoilers for a Republic questline on Hoth. (Yum.) 2500 words.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

iamthehoyden
08.27.2012 , 12:50 PM | #1246
Lucky Shot
I know enough people who have had this happen that...well, :'(
You don't cheapen it though. Powerful bit of writing there.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
08.27.2012 , 12:51 PM | #1247
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post

Turning Point for my femSmuggler Nic. Spoilers for a Republic questline on Hoth. (Yum.) 2500 words.
Haha! My dream for my smuggler come true!

kabeone
08.27.2012 , 12:54 PM | #1248
Worst Day Ever

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
08.27.2012 , 01:05 PM | #1249
@Bright - Brion...just yum.
Spoiler

@Kabeone - I haven't read your Remi stories yet, but
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Morgani
08.27.2012 , 01:30 PM | #1250
Geez. The last few stories upset me. Which is okay, but I need to go find something happy to look at or I'm going to lose the decent mood I had going.

Earthmama: People who threaten children need to be punched in the face, repeatedly. I believe in Karma and I believe Karma follows us through all our lives. This horrible person can't escape what they created. Take some comfort in that. As for you story, so sad. My cousin had a miscarriage last year. She' pregnant now but she waited to tell everyone because she was afraid it would happen again. *offers some hugs* I hope you're feeling better.

Bright_: Ugh, so torn about Corso. On one hand, at the beginning he's adorable, on the other, if you romance him and everyone else he's an A-1 douchenozzle. Yet if you play a male smuggler, he's your bestest bro. It's not fair. Its not a healthy relationship knowing what he can be if you want your smuggler to be a free thinking wholly independent woman. I really can't play the smuggler knowing these things because it pisses me off. At the same time, as a serial monogamist, the other part of my brain goes duh, one guy at a time sweetheart. Problem solved. I'm really angry at the person who wrote Corso. She f-ed up a sweet and decent character by giving him the green eyed monster. Sh*t I could go on about this. I liked your story. Biron is freaking yummy even if I hate the way he pronounces his name.

kabone: I love the way you give personality to Scourge. Everything I know and think and feel about him comes from you. (Waiting for Cathar before I get into the Knight.) At this point, I prefer him over Doc (who I also don't know much about.) I skipped Tess's romance with Iresso because Zenith just appealed more, even if it was in my head. I may do the same with Doc, because he just can't seem to measure up.

My mood is messed up. Someone get me puppies stat!
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.