Merc post patch 1.2

-AOCKonstantin-

I cant really figure out why BW decided to nerf Merc as they did. Especially why they kinda kept the tracer missile as it was even tho that was the skill that should be nerfed.

Maybe BW dont realise that mercenery have the lowest utility in the game in terms of run, hide, cc, pull, push, jump, drag etc. We did damage and heals, and they nerfed it.

Seeing as basicly all other classes do the same damage/healing or higher then mercs AND have all these nice utilities makes me wondering what our task really is. Push people from the bridge in voidstar and...hm..well, thats it.

Examples:

*Jugge- Same damage or higher + Jump friend, jump enemy, aoe CC + beeing able to tank, push enemy.

*Assassin- Same dmg or higher, tank class, healing itself, speedbuff, hide, lots of CC, crazy bubbles...u name it., they have it.

*Operative- Higher damage, mass CC, Hide,

*Sorc- Same dmg or higher, better healing, pulling friends, crazy bubbles.

*PT- Higher damage, tank class, pulling enemies,

*Marauder-Higher damage, sprintbuff, hide, jump to enemy.

*Sniper-Higher damage, cant be pulled, aoe cc, crazy knockback (this class might be as bad, if it wasnt for their damage).

*Merc has- Same damage as everyone else, 1 -4 sec stun worth mentioning, 1 aoe pushback. AND THATS IT!

Seriously, give merc some lovin....

Any other merc player having the feeling of beeing useless and easily replaced in pvp? And is BW planning on giving our class some kind of utility ability in the future?

Not to mention the nerf to the most apparent and interruptable ability there is, DFA. Troopers get to stay camo with their ability. All classes do for the most part. BH, bam...in the air....interrupt...that junk. Same can be swim for Merc Pyros Fission missile. Now the animation generated instant interrupt due to TM spammers. Pyros need that for DPS. Edited by Baarabas

I play PvE only, and I really don't like the huge damage reduction of HSM. I could live with the reduction on TM BECAUSE they boosted HSM. Now? Meh... don't even feel like logging in anymore.

There is zero reason to use a dps Merc for endgame PvE. In PvP one can make up a pseudo relevant case where the dps Merc can have benefits vs. melee dps. In particular the dps Merc can switch targets faster so it has less downtime. But in PvE that is a benefit only in engagements with multiple trash mobs. Which are trivial. Against the only endgame PvE content that matters, bosses, the advantage of faster target shifting evaporates.

There used to be a reason to bring along a Arsenal Merc in some PvE cases - to debuff the enemy bosses armor. But now the Arsenal debuff for other party members has been nerfed (and sometimes doesn't even work for his own attacks reportedly). A Mara/Sent has much better party wide buffs. Plus it does about 50% greater dps than the Arsenal. Plus it helps heal the team. Suck it up and reroll as a Mara if you want to be the party bro/buffer. The Arsenal is obsolete for that PvE function. And the Merc Pyro was never even in the ballgame.

Edited by Macroecon