Light to Dark (as far as i have written)

GalakDarkmoon

PLEASE READ - story is incomplete as writing is put on hold due to college work i have to complete. will post again when i continue writing, thanks :) and this is my first star wars fan fic/story so apologies if it isn't up to normal standard :L thanks for reading :)

Chapter 1

Galak Darkmoon was on his way back from the jedi academy, it wasnt far from his home but still he had to

walk past the caves. He could see the latest lot of jedi padawans going into the nearest cave to him. He had

often seen them returning to the camp without a crystal, just proving that it wasnt easy and took time. He was

determined that when he was old enough he would find one on the first trip.

He carryed on walking past the caves and continued on his way home, where his father was waiting for him.

His dad was a jedi knight who had been seriously injured in the madalorian wars, and so took rest on Ilum,

helping to train younglings at the academy.

Galaks mother had passed away 2 years ago when he was 16, he'd

never been the same since that day, the fear of losing his mother had fueled his anger and hate. Jedi Master

Tunda, the elder of the academy and the village, had sensed this inside him and warned him that giving into

his fear, and emotions would take him towards the dark side of the force. At the time Galak had dismissed his

trainers warning but later came to realise that the dark side would only lead to suffering.

He arrived home to find his father was speaking with Master Tunda.

"Ah Galak, good to see you, i was just speaking with your father about you going to the caves to find your

own lightsaber crystal," informed Master Tunda.

"Are you serious master?! thankyou, i believe i am ready for the trial,"

"Then it is settled, you shall be at the academy early tomorrow morning and i shall asign you your trial, i shall

see you then" as he said this Tunda got out of his seat and headed for the door, and with that went back to the

academy.

"Well done my son! congratulations, i hope your trial goes well," exclaimed his father, "right its getting late

and you best head off to bed, big day tomorrow,"

"yeah, i suppose your right, night dad"

As he lay there that night, so many things were going through Galaks' mind, such things as; what colour

crystal will i get? Will there be any creatures in the cave i am given? and possibly most importantly, will i

survive?

After much tossing and turning in bed he finally got to sleep. A common experience for force weilders was to

have visions instead of dreams, and the one that was currently seaming through Galaks' mind was one,

although he was unaware, was one about his future. And the things he saw that night were to be scarred in his

mind for his life. There was pain, fear, anger and suffering. Images of his mothers death, his emotions

stronger than ever. Whispering voices telling him dark secrets and the power that could be his if he only

accepted who he really was!

He woke with a start and remembered that this was the day he got his crystal, the day his training would be

complete.

Edited by GalakDarkmoon

Chapter 2 - Red

There was a special reason to get up early today, to get to the jedi academy as early as possible. Galak pretty

much ran to the academy to meet with Master Tunda, to be assigned his trial to find and retrieve a crystal from

one of the caves.

"your here early, is it by any chance to get to the caves early?" asked Tunda

"you are correct Master Tunda, which cave am i to go to?"

"patience young one, all in good time, i wish you to go to the Raxell cave and bring back a crystal for your

lightsaber, you must go alone and unarmed, if you encounter trouble then you must use the force to defend

yourself. Nobody has been to the Raxell cave for a long time, so we dont know if there is any life in there, so

be careful padawan,"

"yes Master Tunda, i will be careful, thankyou for your guidance,"

Galak left the temple and started to head towards the cave, he could see his best friend walking along the same

path towards him.

"Hey Galak"

"Hey, sorry Lexii i'm in a bit of a rush. I get to choose my crystal today."

"That's great! I'l talk to you later yeah? Master Tunda has got me organising holocrons again. Ah well

soemone's got to do it, see you later"

As Lexii carried on walking towards the temple, he thought how unfair it was that jedi were incouraged not to

love. He had felt so strongly about her ever since they met but yet he could never tell her as the jedi council

would not allow them to express their emotions, as this was not the jedi way. Moving thiese thoughts aside he

continued towards Raxell cave in search of his own crystal.

When he reached the cave and could immediatly sense a great power inside, but this power was not off the

light side but of the dark. He chose to ignore it and enter the cave anyway despite the presence. He was

traveling deeper and deeper into the cave, following his connection of the force hoping to find a crystal. It

seemed like he had been walking for hours, but he finaly found sc******s of crystals, blue, green, orange

which other padawans had discovered. This was a clue that he was close to a part of the cave which harboured

the precious gems. After a time of following his instincts he came to a part of the cave, in which he could

sense the dark side even more than before, he continued into a small section of the cave.

Inside was red crystals, the dark side had been in the cave before, Galak could sense it, a powerful sith had

been here before him, but there was no trace of any jedi being in this place. His eyes were drawn to a sharp

looking crystal sticking out of the wall, it was emmiting a blood red glow around its surface, he took it out of

the wall and felt a strong conection with the crystal. Placing the crystal into his satchel, he continued looking

for the desired crystal that would be for a jedi, his search brought him to another place with ocean blue, he

took the closet one to him and rushed out of the cave to get away from the dark presence of the red crystals.

He then returned to the jedi academy, with the red stone safely hidden in his satchel, the blue in his hand.

Master Tunda instructed him to construct his lightsaber in the training room, as he did so his mind was

searching for an answer of what to do with the red stone. He decided to keep it and so carried on with his

construction. Blue crystal in place he held the lightsaber above his head and ignited the blade, a low humming

could be heard and a strong blue light seen. He admired his handywork until he was interupted by his Master.

"Ah good, well done. As you have now completed your lightsaber i can now say that you have officially

completed the trial and earned the rank of jedi. Congratulations Galak,"

"Thankyou Master, i would not have done it if had not been for your teaching, now i must return home and

show my father,"

",Yes of course, very well, be on your way"

Galak Darkmoon left the room, now a jedi and protector of the light. He rushed home to show his father, but

as he got closer to the village he could see burning flames and rising smoke.

Running to his village hoping that everythings was ok, there was nothing ok now about the village that he had

grown up in, the empire had found Ilum, and sent shock troopers and many sith to conquer the planet.

Avoiding detection from the imperial troops he snuck home, only to find a sith striking down his father dead.

At that moment the hate built up inside him and he lit his saber and lashed out at the sith warrior, using all his

hate and anger and in revenge of his fathers death,killing the sith in one strike.At that moment something

changed deep inside him, he had used his anger to kill the sith, yet it felt good. He had felt the dark sides

influence and used it to his advantage. That decision would change his life forever.

He went over to his father, fearing the worst, he held him in his arms as the last few essences of life left his body.

"inside that cave was a dark presence, it still sorrounds you know, i know the source, its...." he had

no time to mourn his death as another sith had entered the hut, but there was something different about this

sith, he hid his face behind a mask and was not phased by the boy, lightsaber in hand.

This sith was Darth Revan. He was Lord of the Sith, a powerul dark jedi feared throught the galaxy. The sith lord rose his lightsaber above his head, Galak did the same, he was about to prepare to face the sith in combat.

Chapter 3 - Acceptance and admittance

Galak made the first move in the fight, still full of anger at the death of his father. He narrowly missed the sith

lords face. The young jedi kept on attacking in anger, trying to defeat his enemy. The sith lord was unfased by

his weak attacks, defending himself as if he was blocking blaster shots. When Revan saw his chance he

slashed at Galaks' face, strinking him just missing his right eye but still cutting his face. Staggering back and

holding his face in sheer agony he gave out a scream of pain. Blood was already covering most of the right

side of his face, dripping onto his cothes and staining them dark red.

The sith lord was walking slowly towards him and kicked his chest and with a thud he fell to the floor, the sith

raised his hand and bolts of lightning crackled from his hands and were forced opon the jedi's body. As he did

he could feel a connection to the boy, he could feel his power, as he did he stopped.

"Stand, Jedi" commanded Revan

Galak climbed to his feet, the last sparks of lightning dying away.

"I could feel you pain, your anger, your hate, your strong connection to the force. The dark side sorrounds

you."

The jedi stood there with no words, just a great hurt and wonder as to why he was being spared, he had been

tought that the sith don't hink twice about killing their enemies or even the innocent.

"I give you a choice. Come with me to Korriban, and train at the Sith Academy. Or, you can stay here, and

persih along with the other jedi."

Galak looked down to the ground, closing his eyes. Knowing that the only way he could live was to go with

Revan. Before he had a chance to speak Lexii burst in through the door. The sith turned round and started to

force choke the girl.

"Who is this!? If you are to come with me no-one must know! If any jedi finds that you have turned to the

dark side then they will hunt you down until you are defeated" Galak could tell the angry tone in Revan's

voice.

"Let her go!" he demanded.

"Tell me, who, she, is!" Revan tightened his grip on Lexii, who was now gasping for air.

"She, she's my best friend"

"Why should i let her go?!"

"Because, becuase i love her." Galak looked up to Lexii as he admitted his feelings towards her.

[iNCOMPLETE]

will carry on shortly. blame college not me :D thanks for reading :)