Best crew skill for pvp?

Cwild

Hey all,

I recently came back to this game and rolled a new character with my friends. He is now sitting at 47 and is a marauder and I was just wondering is biochem was still the best pvp crew skill. I was thinking for the marauder that cybertech with the reusable grenades might be a better fit seeing as you can buy exotech stims (which are better) and warzone medpacks, however, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be wasting my time and credits.

TLTR:

Biochem or Cybertech for pvp as a marauder.

Thank you all

Hey all,

I recently came back to this game and rolled a new character with my friends. He is now sitting at 47 and is a marauder and I was just wondering is biochem was still the best pvp crew skill. I was thinking for the marauder that cybertech with the reusable grenades might be a better fit seeing as you can buy exotech stims (which are better) and warzone medpacks, however, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be wasting my time and credits.

TLTR:

Biochem or Cybertech for pvp as a marauder.

Thank you all

ps.My operative is a 400 biochem.

I prefer biochem, but truth be told you only need 1 character with biochem. In essence, do what you want, but have a char that can make the exotech stims for your marauder. I have a biochem alt and cybertech alt to make grenades & stims for my marauder.

either or

the nice thing about cybertech beyond the grenades is that you will be able to get stabilizers ?sp? from r/e'ing the lvl 61 and 63 armorings and mods from your pvp gear (which in my experience you will have many if you wish to min/max)

you may not use these crafting mats for your toon, but you can usually sell them for a quick 100-180K depending on the economy of your server.

either or

the nice thing about cybertech beyond the grenades is that you will be able to get stabilizers ?sp? from r/e'ing the lvl 61 and 63 armorings and mods from your pvp gear (which in my experience you will have many if you wish to min/max)

you may not use these crafting mats for your toon, but you can usually sell them for a quick 100-180K depending on the economy of your server.

That's a good point. Since I just got back, how hard is it to get a exotech stim schematic for my op so I can make them and transfer them. Also, how useful are the reusable grenades?

Unlike other games (world of warcraft) crew skills are not necessary in pvp. Anything you can get on a crew skill, you can get on the GTN (or something very very close). In my opinion there are only a handful of items / abilities that make crewskills worth thinking about for pvp.

Those are:

Reusable Grenades (amazing for node defense especially for rated games / knockdown version) Often you cannot even find the single use ones for sale as they can be costly to make and don't sell for much.

Reusable Medpacks / Stims (not really all that important as you can purchase the single use ones.) However getting the reusable version can save you a TON of money.

I would NEVER suggest getting a crew skill simply for pvp. Instead get a crew skill to make money, then you can use those funds to better your pvp character (purchase BIS augments, Mk-6 kits, Min-max armorings and so on.)

In the end the money you save in medpacks alone makes the reusable medpack the most valuable item in the game so that should lean you in that direction. Again, just opinions.

Honestly, as a primary PvPer I use the rakata stim for normals, but I'll use the exotech for the occasional rated night I get to do, since it's slightly better.

Exactly. I'm a big fan of the Rakata Medpac, due to the 15% health boost for a short time in addition to the healing.

biochem is great, so is cybertech for the grenades

nope, WZ medpack is 35% heal. Rakata Medpack is a ~5.5k flat heal iirc

Well crap, I don't know what to do. Since my cybertech is already 400, I'll try the grenades, worse case I'll switch. I already have all 5 grenades made so I'll play around with them I suppose. My logic was grenades mostly for getting snipers out of cover and node control, but I could easily just buy the level 10 grenades. decisions decisions.

biochem is great, so is cybertech for the grenades

nope, WZ medpack is 35% heal. Rakata Medpack is a ~5.5k flat heal iirc

And increases health by 15% for 10 seconds (iirc on the duration).

Re: OP - if you have cyber at 400, make an alt for biochem.

Edited by Maelfician

And increases health by 15% for 10 seconds (iirc on the duration).

Re: OP - if you have cyber at 400, make an alt for biochem.

Yeah I already have both. My operative is a 400 biochem. I'm just having a hard time deciding if grenades or the medpac will be more beneficial for my marauder. Mostly concerned about the reusables.

• 3 months later...
Hey guys Well i got almost 450 Biochem and 450 bioanalisys + Diplomacy, what should i get after i get 450 biochem? should i drop bioanalisis and diplo and get cybertech and its gather skill?

The new medpack is pretty close to WZ medpacks, but it's hard to beat Biochem for long term PvPing. Use the V-1 Seismic Grenades crafted by an alt. It's not like people are actually relying on the damage done by those grenades to turn things around. Edited by Astarica