KDY FP not granting double XP for NPC kills

Samoth_Nomad

They never said ALL people, just that people wanted to use it to level. I am one of them. Guild members and I wanted to team up with characters of different levels this weekend and now the reward for doing so is not as advertised for double xp weekend.

The person I was responding to said that "hardly anybody" wanted to do anything other than KDY this weekend. I was responding to that particular comment to point out how silly it was.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No where are you forced to do the story content ever.

Well, they are in a way. If you don't finish DK you can't get your ship and can't even get to Nar Shaada. So you are right if it was worded, no one is forcing to level past level 15.

seriously?

there's upset and then there's childish tantrums. I'm not telling you you shouldn't be upset. I'm telling you your reaction is just a bit over the top. a smidgen.

you can still play with your friends. not in a way that you originally planned but you can still do it. be flexible, figure something out.

some of you are acting as if bioware has intentionally set out to ruin your lives or something. bugs happen. yes it sucks and yes, its annoying. like I said, I've been planning to run KDY with guildies myself this weekend, in fact - that was how I intended to level my powertech, and then play through her story later at leisure. didn't quite work out that way. oh well. sucks, but wailing to the sky and raging at bioware will NOT magically change it. and voice chat? its still there. you could try pvping together. you could shuffle around alts to be closer in level, you could even still run Kyat Drives, you just won't level as fast as you had hoped. or.. you could solo quest and chat while you do so.

Where are people raging at the sky? The only thing that is childish is you coming to the forums, our avenue for voicing displeasure, and trying to tell people what is ok for them to be upset at and how upset they are allowed to be. We all understand you don't care. Some feel differently. You don't control how others feel, and you probably need to get over that.

Trolling forums is your worst problem right?

Nah. Writing reasearch papers, working financial statements, and studying for stat tests. I don't have the luxury of whining about a single flashpoint ruining my weekend.

I don't mind the complaining but really, is a single flashpoint thats borderline exploitative is really something that should ruin an entire weekend when there are tons of others things to do level up almost as fast?

Edited by Nickious

Devs said it wont be fixed for the weekend on the twitch stream. GG way to ruin a weekend!

That's kind of a bummer. And it's true, this really isn't the end of the world, or a big deal..Just kind of a bummer.

So here's a great idea:

How about ANOTHER 2XP weekend in the near future, so we can take advantage of KDY granting the proper amount of xp! Please, and thank you!

The fact rested exp is disabled is ******** to start with... The only people with rested exp are subs, in essence subs are being knocked down to the same level as f2p players for 2xp weekend, instead of f2ps being brought upto the level of subs...

Bioware, why are you punishing me in this instance for paying to play your game???

Umm.... how about no?

Subs make more XP as a base than F2P make, so we make more anyway.

Unlocking rested xp during double xp weekend would essentially give us 3x XP plus whatever bonuses you have, meaning you could get upwards of 4-4.5 of what an F2P would get on a normal day and the F2P would still be stuck at 2x?

How is that going to help with the whole "they treat F2P like garbage" sentiment already floating around.

No, we're fine with the sub bonus to the xp. (IIRC it's like 25% more or thereabouts)

So basically, F2P make 25% less than a sub anyway, even on a double xp weekend.

That's kind of a bummer. And it's true, this really isn't the end of the world, or a big deal..Just kind of a bummer.

So here's a great idea:

How about ANOTHER 2XP weekend in the near future, so we can take advantage of KDY granting the proper amount of xp! Please, and thank you!

Not gonna happen.

sadly.

Well, at least I know what to do with my weekend if the devs have indeed confirmed this as not being fixed this weekend.

Bye bye SW:TOR, helloooo ESO beta :rolleyes:

Where are people raging at the sky? The only thing that is childish is you coming to the forums, our avenue for voicing displeasure, and trying to tell people what is ok for them to be upset at and how upset they are allowed to be. We all understand you don't care. Some feel differently. You don't control how others feel, and you probably need to get over that.

you do realize that I was one of the first people to come to this thread to report the issue, right? my weekend plans have been changed significantly due to this bug as well. no, I guess you don't.

but here you are, so damn upset that a single activity out of many available ones is bugged. no. I can't control how others feel. but I can try at least to put it in perspective. some of you are hopeless, but maybe a few more will walk away, cool down and realize that hey, maybe the weekend is not lost after all.

that said, an extra double xp weekend with bug fixed would be quite nice. I certainly wouldn't say no to it :p

Not gonna happen.

sadly.

Well, at least I know what to do with my weekend if the devs have indeed confirmed this as not being fixed this weekend.

Bye bye SW:TOR, helloooo ESO beta :rolleyes:

You can't go. Why would you want to go a game thats anywhere near Eulle? :eek:

Edited by Nickious

you do realize that I was one of the first people to come to this thread to report the issue, right? my weekend plans have been changed significantly due to this bug as well. no, I guess you don't.

but here you are, so damn upset that a single activity out of many available ones is bugged. no. I can't control how others feel. but I can try at least to put it in perspective. some of you are hopeless, but maybe a few more will walk away, cool down and realize that hey, maybe the weekend is not lost after all.

that said, an extra double xp weekend with bug fixed would be quite nice. I certainly wouldn't say no to it :p

You are deciding people are "so damn upset." For some people, this ruined their weekend as far as SWtoR is concerned. It's be explained pretty clearly why. You insisting on hyperbolic nonsense of how upset people are in order to pass judgment isn't helping. Telling people who are upset they are too upset doesn't calm them down, it makes them more upset. This is psych 101. And you can't put things in perspective when you clearly don't grasp the perspective of people you are talking to in the first place.

Addendum: I will change my assessment if indeed the other flashpoints are not giving double XP as well. If so, then I hope Bioware takes into consideration of a near future double weekend to compensate. Not that I really care for such things that much because the leveling process goes by ridiculusly fast regardless but Flashpoints are probably the most efficient means of getting the most XP out of this game for the leveling grind process alot of people seem to despise. Edited by Nickious

So here's a great idea:

Agreed/

You are deciding people are "so damn upset." For some people, this ruined their weekend as far as SWtoR is concerned. It's be explained pretty clearly why. You insisting on hyperbolic nonsense of how upset people are in order to pass judgment isn't helping. Telling people who are upset they are too upset doesn't calm them down, it makes them more upset. This is psych 101. And you can't put things in perspective when you clearly don't grasp the perspective of people you are talking to in the first place.

I'm sorry that listing other options you have to play this game with friends outside of KDY is not putting things in perspective for you.

if you wish to spend your time being upset at bioware instead of finding other ways to have fun this weekend with your friends? go for it!

I'm sorry that listing other options you have to play this game with friends outside of KDY is not putting things in perspective for you.

if you wish to spend your time being upset at bioware instead of finding other ways to have fun this weekend with your friends? go for it!

Is it ok if I'm upset then?

You know, since I am in a special situation.

I've listed it before, but I'll list it again, I have 6 alts at lvl 15-17 that I want to level up, but I still haven't started their class stories since I'm going to record that.

So now, if I want to play anything other than KDY, GSF or PvP, I'll have to play through their class stories to get the ship and that means recording the class stories of all 6 characters up to when they get their ships.

And I just don't have that much space on my harddrive.

In fact, I have about enough to record just one.

And I am sick and tired of GSF right now (doubly so since doing it with these characters would mean starting over with no equipped ships) and I positively loathe PvP.

So my only alternative for this weekend was KDY, but now that's almost pointless (well, it gives about as much as it usually does, so I could still do it, but I sure won't be grinding out 6 characters on it)

So is it ok for me, in my particular situation, to be upset?

... this ruined their weekend ...

Webster's defines ruined as: "a state of complete destruction"

Since BW has responded to the bug report, there's always a chance it will be fixed.

"Ruined", at this time, is hyperbole.

Edited by Khevar

Since BW has responded to the bug report, there's always a chance it will be fixed.

The question is: Can it be fixed without deploying a patch? As in, while people are playing the game normally? Even so, I sense another double XP weekend sooner rather than later, in order to alleviate this debacle.

Well apparantly they responded on the stream that it won't be fixed this wekend, so there goes the chance of it being fixed this weekend.

Thus, many peoples weekends are "ruined".

Ruined as in "well my weekend plans are now not possible and I have to do something else than what I wanted to do and had planned to do for a long time".

I mean, if you really restrict the word "ruined" to websters definition, it would only be if someone died or a war broke out in your town.

And that's a bit strict.

The question is: Can it be fixed without deploying a patch? As in, while people are playing the game normally? Even so, I sense another double XP weekend sooner rather than later, in order to alleviate this debacle.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Hey all,

As many of you suspected, we were able to confirm that experience is not granting as intended in Kuat Drive Yards. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the bug, we won't be able to fix it during this Double XP Weekend.

Thank you for your understanding,

-tw

Hey all,

As many of you suspected, we were able to confirm that experience is not granting as intended in Kuat Drive Yards. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the bug, we won't be able to fix it during this Double XP Weekend.

-tw

Thank you for letting us know. I apologize in advance for all of the inevitable flamers and haters inbound...

Hey all,

-tw

I'm so furious I just force choked my cat.