Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

NoaFlux's Avatar


NoaFlux
08.10.2012 , 05:24 AM | #81
Well I want to address a couple of these concerns really quick, as I have spent a lot of time on this subject.

and Thx for posting!!

1.) Record the cheating with fraps (it would be easier with the full version but this is free), post it on youtube and here and make sure the comments agree that it's actually cheating than...send it to Bioware with specifics if it is(time etc). Also report this person in game. Those three things will increase the chances largely that this person will be caught, and it does happen.

2.) Antihacking programs. I'm a supporter of anti hacking. The problem is that you would have to install another program on your computer in order to stop it, and a lot of people don't like this idea, because it gives away more of their privacy to BW and it also uses more system resources. Make a thread that you want this SPECIFICILY. I would support it, despite the negatives. Post the link on here!!

3.) Cheating doesn't always help. A lot of people will tell you their are negatives to speed hacking etc.

4.) It happens, or has happened, in every game. So give BW some time to stop it. Again they do stop it. I know many guilds from my server who have had members banned from the game for a while because of this.

Again thanks for keeping this topic alive!! Please look for my next topic about WZ "fatality" moves for the next update. These would be a fun and quick "cosmetic" type of thing, no points little blood. But in the last minute of the game I think this would add to the fun and intensity! My suggestion is to add it on to your favorite move like an augment!

bionamaster's Avatar


bionamaster
08.10.2012 , 07:57 AM | #82
I'll start by saying I know that hackers exist, because if I said my second phrase before that nobody would read this post. My second phrase is that I have not yet recognized any hacks in Warzones. I do know they exist, though. I have encountered them in various games, and seen very solid evidence from other posters that this does occur especially in SWTOR. I also am aware that certain classes can be Knokback immune, that Resolve can stop a CC from working, and that each class has a CC breaker. This can sometimes make it hard to recognize a hack for someone who hasn't leveled each class to 50. My only 50 is a Sentinel, so you see wher I am coming from. But, seeing as some people (like me) have a hard time telling a hack from a legitimate ability, a voting system probably would not be the best way to go. With a little bit of patience and luck, though, some new tech will probably pop up that can help stop hackers.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

KimbonaterX's Avatar


KimbonaterX
08.10.2012 , 08:41 AM | #83
I just get sick and tired of seeing the lag switch teleport cheat/exploit in huttball. I'm sure you've seen it: Guy is untargetable with either a direct attack or AoE on a spot inside where the ball rests at the center of the arena. He clicks on ball, then you see him running partially through the floor, lilke half his body is above the floor and the other half below it. Next thing you know, someone else is where he used to be, and then the guy who had the ball magically appears close to the goal line. Score.

The other teleport hack i've seen in huttball sticks out like an eyesore: Guy who has the ball flails down on the ground like he got hit with an assassins knockdown move by the fire traps. He starts at the fire trap closest to the middle, then disappears and reappears right outside the next firetrap closer to your goal, then all they have to do is walk down the ramp and score.

It's the exploits that ruin this games fun factor for me.

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
08.10.2012 , 09:21 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Hogild View Post
There is no hacking.
^ Lol'd

Hogild's Avatar


Hogild
08.11.2012 , 03:05 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by KimbonaterX View Post
I just get sick and tired of seeing the lag switch teleport cheat/exploit in huttball. I'm sure you've seen it: Guy is untargetable with either a direct attack or AoE on a spot inside where the ball rests at the center of the arena. He clicks on ball, then you see him running partially through the floor, lilke half his body is above the floor and the other half below it. Next thing you know, someone else is where he used to be, and then the guy who had the ball magically appears close to the goal line. Score.

The other teleport hack i've seen in huttball sticks out like an eyesore: Guy who has the ball flails down on the ground like he got hit with an assassins knockdown move by the fire traps. He starts at the fire trap closest to the middle, then disappears and reappears right outside the next firetrap closer to your goal, then all they have to do is walk down the ramp and score.

It's the exploits that ruin this games fun factor for me.
This isnt hacking. Huttball is hugely bugged and players that appears to stand in the center ball pedestal is actually lagged players somewhere else on the map. Huttball has so many bugs that causes losses. But theese bugs are from what i have seen in competitive warzone not exploitable. Its just bugs that ruin the experience for everyone.

Yet again. Im a very active pvp player. Have never seen anything that i would call a hack. We count stun breaks, we know exactly how resolve works. We know what classes can do what. If a guy would have 15 stunbreaks and some magical speed. Then yes, thats hacking.

Again. Lag is yet again the issue here. Sometimes you stun someone on your screen the animation in your client clearly shows that he is stunned. He has used his stunbreak an alert guildie let you know about this earlier. Half a second later he isnt stunned, he has no resolve and was in stealth and knocked you to the ground. How? Client and server lag in a beautiful combination. In reality the player who you stunned had already stealthed before the server registered the stun.

These stuff aints hacks. When these stuff occurs you simply have to think about what just occurred in a logical way.

Again. I dont believe there is any hacks being used to give players advantages in the game. I have yet to see this despite doing warzones all the time. Some of you seem convinced about it tho. I would love to see some evidence if anyone had it. But i have not seen any evidence of this.

ALSO. BOTS using waypoints is not hacking. A bot cannot beat a human player in pvp under any circumstances and sending a bot to do pvp will only harm your reputation as a good player. Ive seen bots in warzones. Theyre just free kills. The problem is having them on your team.

edit : KimbonatorX. Sry man. I saw i video on youtube about that first exoloit you mentioned, the firetrap speed one. Very much exploitable. The other one, when you see a player stuck in centre, that's still lag.

edit 2 : Again this is not a matter of opinion or not. Show me proof of hacks and i'll change my mind instantly. This thread is just so cluttered with personal opinion and lack of gaming understanding. Empircal proof of hacking please!

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
08.11.2012 , 03:50 AM | #86
In just the last 12 warzones I counted 5 failed cc on people with empty resolve bars and 4 failed "diversions" on gunslingers in cover. Since December, diversion has never failed to knock me out of cover - not once!

Quote: Originally Posted by Hogild View Post
Yet again. Im a very active pvp player. Have never seen anything that i would call a hack. We count stun breaks, we know exactly how resolve works. We know what classes can do what. If a guy would have 15 stunbreaks and some magical speed. Then yes, thats hacking.

Again. Lag is yet again the issue here. <snip>
Yes I agree, lag is the issue...the kind you create with netlimiter yourself!

Quote: Originally Posted by Hogild View Post
Again. I dont believe there is any hacks being used to give players advantages in the game. I have yet to see this despite doing warzones all the time. Some of you seem convinced about it tho. I would love to see some evidence if anyone had it. But i have not seen any evidence of this.
I love statements like this - show me proof, lol.
What am I gonna show you? A screenshot of my cc or diversion being in cooldown while the target is not affected? Would that suffice or would you cry "photoshopped"? (and you would be right, because I would have to photoshop the player names, or otherwise I would violate the EULA).

In 1.15 Bioware announced that they have banned 100s of accounts for cheating - if that's not proof in itself, nothing will convince you.

Then again, those who deny that hacking occurs, usually fall into two categories. Those too inexperienced to know what is and what isn't possible in PVP, and those doing the exploiting. Pick your poison.

Hogild's Avatar


Hogild
08.11.2012 , 04:44 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
In just the last 12 warzones I counted 5 failed cc on people with empty resolve bars and 4 failed "diversions" on gunslingers in cover. Since December, diversion has never failed to knock me out of cover - not once!
So youre saying that beacuse the game is flawed, laggy and bugged. People are hacking the game software to give them abilities they shouldnt have? NO.

Tanks have some cc imunity skills wich would explain that.
Also read this thread regarding Diversion. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ight=diversion


Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash
I love statements like this - show me proof, lol.
What am I gonna show you? A screenshot of my cc or diversion being in cooldown while the target is not affected? Would that suffice or would you cry "photoshopped"? (and you would be right, because I would have to photoshop the player names, or otherwise I would violate the EULA).
Yeah to have make your point you have to show proof. Thats how an argument works. People cant just say stuff without backing it up. You guys who are going on about this is the one who should proove it aswell. Proove it how then? Well hack the game, give yourself advantages that gives you advantage in pvp. Sidenote. Using gltches or having occasional lag isnt counted as proof.

Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash
In 1.15 Bioware announced that they have banned 100s of accounts for cheating - if that's not proof in itself, nothing will convince you.
In 1.15, how long was that ago? 5 months? Cheating is the broad perspective of using glitches/bots and other stuff not allowed by the EULA. Using bots and exploits is still not the same as using a game HACK.

Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash
Then again, those who deny that hacking occurs, usually fall into two categories. Those too inexperienced to know what is and what isn't possible in PVP, and those doing the exploiting. Pick your poison.
That argument is just silly. Just because i disagree with you doesnt mean im either a cheater or a bad player. Remeber im trying to clearify stuff here. Im not in this discussion to cause upset or to make statements about other ppl in theese forums.

I simply want to set this straight.

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
08.11.2012 , 02:59 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Hogild View Post
Tanks have some cc imunity skills wich would explain that.
Also read this thread regarding Diversion. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ight=diversion
Ahh, I see. You are not a hacker, just inexperienced.

CC immunities have absolutely nothing to do with this.
Apparently you don't really understand the resolve system, which is why it is so easy for this next generation of exploiters to fool people like you.

As for the link - what does that have to do with diversion failing?
Diversion WILL remove the sniper from cover, it WILL prevent him from entering cover again (6 secs), it WILL end cover-dependent effects (such as balistic shield) and it WILL prevent cover-dependent abilities (such as ambush) to be used. There is NO defense against diversion, other than lag exploits.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hogild View Post
Yeah to have make your point you have to show proof. Thats how an argument works. People cant just say stuff without backing it up. You guys who are going on about this is the one who should proove it aswell. Proove it how then? Well hack the game, give yourself advantages that gives you advantage in pvp. Sidenote. Using gltches or having occasional lag isnt counted as proof.
I think what you wrote there pretty much ends this debate:
You want me to use hacks myself to show you proof? Really?

Hogild's Avatar


Hogild
08.11.2012 , 11:18 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Ahh, I see. You are not a hacker, just inexperienced.

CC immunities have absolutely nothing to do with this.
Apparently you don't really understand the resolve system, which is why it is so easy for this next generation of exploiters to fool people like you.
Again. Why do you keep telling me i have difficulty to understand things? I know exactly how resolve works.
CC immunity have nothing to do with resolve. So why you even would throw that out there is beyond me.
Here have a read in this thread regarding cc immunity. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...light=immunity
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash
As for the link - what does that have to do with diversion failing?
Diversion WILL remove the sniper from cover, it WILL prevent him from entering cover again (6 secs), it WILL end cover-dependent effects (such as balistic shield) and it WILL prevent cover-dependent abilities (such as ambush) to be used. There is NO defense against diversion, other than lag exploits.
Cover and entrench is not the same thing. Cover is removed, entrench will persist. Thus making the target prone to interrupts and leaps. Diversion havent failed. Please note the de-buff icon over the target displaying Diversion. Diversion have never failed me. The first time i used on entrenched sniper i got a bit confused tho, i have to admit.
However. I didnt take my initial fail of understanding the ability as the other player simply had hacked the game.

Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash
I think what you wrote there pretty much ends this debate:
You want me to use hacks myself to show you proof? Really?
Well. You claim hacks exist.
Then where are they? The examples you have displayed above is your lack of understanding the game. Look. I am not jumping to conclusions trying to get you down and stuff. But looking at the stuff you have wrote you clearly should try to understand how skills work before dismissing them as cheating.

Malkavier's Avatar


Malkavier
08.12.2012 , 06:20 AM | #90
There are plenty of hacks, including wallhacks. You can witness this in the fight with the 3 nodes in a row (Either Corellia or Alderaan, I forget which). You can literally see some people start from the center, and essentially run through the air from on top of the wall to either snow or grass node point. They'll stop right about the stairs at the node, do a jagged/wiggly animation in the air and drop to the ground before moving "normally" again.

There's been PLENTY of times when I've seen people go from 0% health to 100% health in one instant with no healers nearby. There aren't any medpacs or skills/talents in the game that allow for this.

Then there is the subtle speed hacks - boosting their run speeds by 2%-5% or the "swing" speed for their basic no-cost attack so that it's instant fire (skips animation frames).

I've seen the Grapple ability have it's range extended to 100+ meters, with the person in question being able to literally target people on the opposite side of the bridge, and standing close to the doors in Voidstar and yank them over before the bridges were activated. If he jerked his animation in the middle of the Grapple, they would drop to their death in the middle section.

I've seen Operatives have "infinite" energy and instant spammable Backstabs/Shivs. There was one joker who ran around the entire match doing nothing but Backstab/Shiv on people nonstop.

I've seen short/melee range classes (4-10m and closer) use their abilities on ranged opponents (30+ m).

I've seen certain folks have no buffs on them, take zero damage from direct hits.

Now, as far as exploits go - Mezzes are retarded. More than once I've seen people mezzed (myself included), and have literally sat there doing the head-grab animation while the entire enemy team dances around them for 2+ minutes. It can be consistently done. Your entire action bar is grayed out. That's much longer than the 8s that is advertised as being the limit.

There's also still nonsense with ledges in Novarre for instance.