Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning Sorcerer: Buffs NOT Nerfs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Lightning Sorcerer: Buffs NOT Nerfs

Zeintoriss
10.14.2017 , 02:45 PM | #1
I'm going to be blunt and right to the point: even as the Lightning Sorcerer was at the bottom of the DPS chain, and was in dire need of heavy buffs, it still got nerfed. It is now dealing much less damage, it's survivability has gone down, and so forth. While new players might think the concept of the Lightning Sorcerer is cool, as soon as they hit mid and end game, ops, etc, they're going to be like, "Man, I'm not doing anything at all!" and they'll soon resort to other toons. All in all, the Lightning Sorcerer NEEDS a buff. If this gets enough attention, it might even happen!

ottffsse
10.14.2017 , 02:56 PM | #2
It needs buff in defensives and specifically the ability to deal dps under pressure for a short time - something marksman and arsenal can do but lightning cannot, in terms of dps output it is where it is supposed to be. It actually does more dps than marksman or arsenal on average if you use force speed in the rotation, but that is a situational PvE rotation and should not be considered "standard" - the other classes in its damage grouping. There are a few specs that are over-performing though which skews the overall picture but the burst ranged dps classes are balanced fine now .

Hoppinswtor
10.15.2017 , 01:07 AM | #3
Lightning is still the best ranged burst spec for PvE.

Let's get one thing straight: on a single target, lightning is parsing about 250 less than it used to. That's a 3 percent nerf at most. In PvP, this might be slightly more due to the extra hits of (a nerfed) chain lightning. It's still not more than a 5 percent nerf. Hell it might be even LESS of a nerf in PvP if you're force storming for filler.

Please keep in mind that Lightning has an aoe component AND dot refresh built into its regular rotation. For this reason, Lightning's dps is actually quite good in a multi-target setting compared to the other two ranged burst specs. And when push comes to shove, its single target damage is still about 50-100 dps higher than the other ranged burst specs.

Read my other thread for sample parses. Lightning was able to clear all content before, and it still is now, unless you're stacking all ranged burst or something. I don't agree with how they balanced the game, but you can still clear content once you're in full 248's. Master the rotation, get your alacrity to 1557 and your APM to 56-57, and bang out those parses. Trust me, it's not a doomsday scenario.
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara),
Hoptimal (Sin), Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

Equeliber
10.15.2017 , 10:05 AM | #4
If they ever buff Lightning's DPS for whatever reason, marksman and arsenal need buffs too. They are tied together from now on as 3 ranged burst specs.

Lightning is actually the better one at the moment (in PvE).

stalkerofthesith
10.17.2017 , 12:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeintoriss View Post
I'm going to be blunt and right to the point: even as the Lightning Sorcerer was at the bottom of the DPS chain, and was in dire need of heavy buffs, it still got nerfed. It is now dealing much less damage, it's survivability has gone down, and so forth. While new players might think the concept of the Lightning Sorcerer is cool, as soon as they hit mid and end game, ops, etc, they're going to be like, "Man, I'm not doing anything at all!" and they'll soon resort to other toons. All in all, the Lightning Sorcerer NEEDS a buff. If this gets enough attention, it might even happen!
#buffsorcs2017 share the hashtag everywhere.
MAY THE FORCE SERVE YOU WELL
My Special Referral Code:Here About Referrals: Here What You Get: 7 days FREE sub A Single FREE Character Transfer A Level 65 Character Token A Goody Bundle

RadonisNovodomus
01.26.2019 , 11:30 AM | #6
#buffsorc2019

YodaUnrea
01.27.2019 , 08:24 AM | #7
I agree but also madness is needs buff as well.
Refered Link for Free Stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/SxdhVj

Rion_Starkiller
01.29.2019 , 02:19 PM | #8
Give it up. There won't be any sorc buffs or class changes until the new class meta... which is probably in 6.0. So 2-6 months to go. Good luck.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

TGaP_Andrey
01.29.2019 , 05:45 PM | #9
I need Lightning Storm rework. "Cannot occure more than once every ten seconds" is bulls**t. Either make it 4-5 secs or make the effect last longer. Right now I need to tear apart my *** every time I'm going through trash mobs, from one pack to another to be in time for instacast chain lightning - my rotation execution is almost automatic except for many moments when I discover that my chain lightning tries to hardcast itself instead of instant activation, because I couldn't make it in time to the next pack of mobs. Especially freaks me when this occurs right in the middle of my rotation itself, when I pump my alacrity high and use all my instaprocs in a very short time. What's the point in a burst-AOE class if his BOTH burst and AOE potential is crippled by this idiotic restriction of his very first talent in the talent tree?

Maxitrac
01.29.2019 , 09:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TGaP_Andrey View Post
snip
tbh it sounds like a l2p issue to me, the rotation flows so that this is not a issue at all.
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales