End Game Content

The_Mystic

This is not about content but attitude. I've been waiting for this game a long time now. Longer than some not as lng as others. I'm really enjoying playing my saga and getting into the story. That said....

My biggest problem so far and the one that really annoys me is players from that other MMO going on about end game content. The attitude of let's level really fast to max level so we can get the fat loot and repeatedly do the 'end game content' missions, etc. Now I've played that other MMO and I understand that's what people have been doing there for years now. I also understand that in that MMO there is a lot of quite dull leveling with the majoritory of the game being at whatever is the end at that patch. I liked that game, but I did not like the elitist gear driven attitude that many players adopted.

SWToR is a new MMO a whole world to explore. It's not like any of us have played through the stories many times now. It's not a case of all our friends are in a max level guild and we need to get to that level to have fun.

So my point is, please treat this as a new MMO. Don't expect it to be like that other one. Relax, maybe go do Black Talon again, it's fun. Focus on 'content' that bit all the way upto max level. I'm saying this because theres a lot to be had from the actual game content not just end game content. Maybe this is because previously you've only played MMO's with shallow content upto end game? Maybe you just need to feel you're more elite? I don't know. What I'm asking is take your time with SWToR, enjoy the galaxy, and learn what SWToR is like before asking for it to be changed to a new skin for that other MMO.

May the Force set you free.

This is really not an MMO - it's an online single player game atm.

End game content for me is not raiding/dungeons. I want BioWare to put in planets that we can battle over, where guilds can build cities and guilds can fight one another. Siege aspects are the only thing that will keep me long term in the game, meaning 5+ years.

SWTOR could have so much in common with EvE if they implement planetary control that is fought over with the current fight system. Allowing guilds to own their own piece of property that can/will get destroyed by another guild is exciting and creates dynamic political intrigue that will last years.

Raids/dungeons may be fun, but they are the same, scripted fights that once you learn the dance, you know how to do it; granted some of them are tough, but they are still scripted. Guild fights over cities never get old or boring or dry because the players come up with new tactics all the time and the game evolves and changes.

True end game content is left in the hands of the players and never dev scripted.

The game is blowing hardcore raiders minds because the level game actually matters, it matters as much as end game.

So they try to play it like WoW and up frustrated. That doesn't mean that Bioware should fundamentally change what this game is, It just means that it might not be the game for some people.

End game content for me is not raiding/dungeons. I want BioWare to put in planets that we can battle over, where guilds can build cities and guilds can fight one another. Siege aspects are the only thing that will keep me long term in the game, meaning 5+ years.

SWTOR could have so much in common with EvE if they implement planetary control that is fought over with the current fight system. Allowing guilds to own their own piece of property that can/will get destroyed by another guild is exciting and creates dynamic political intrigue that will last years.

Raids/dungeons may be fun, but they are the same, scripted fights that once you learn the dance, you know how to do it; granted some of them are tough, but they are still scripted. Guild fights over cities never get old or boring or dry because the players come up with new tactics all the time and the game evolves and changes.

True end game content is left in the hands of the players and never dev scripted.

So what you're saying is any feeling of disappointment you have towards the game in it's current state stems from the game not having anything it was ever said to have in the first place?

I sincerely hope that they'll adopt another approach to endgame than just raiding x and then raiding y.

That's what made me quit raiding in WoW really early. It's just dull to do the same thing over and over again. And gearing up is not my kind of carrot, although I know that it seems to suffice for many MMO players.

I hope there'll be massive story chunks pumped out at a (hopefully) high frequency :)

But as far as I've seen till now, the dungeons, which started out really nicely with esseles get less and less chatty and more and more fighty, which is just same old, same old.

I had hoped they'd keep up their interesting dungeon design from the esseless with actual decisions to make and such.

But in the following dungeons there was mostly just one non-important decision that gave ds/ls points but didn't seem to be there for more than that.

So I see this game going in the same raid-centric endgame way. But I'd gladly be surprised, if it were different.

Sadly true

We're dreaming of the same things... it's nice to have dreams.

But serious, what is the endgame content?

Edited by lykor