Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harm in 12xXP

Liquor
09.29.2015 , 07:17 PM | #131
this was discussed in depth before x12xp was announced and again when x12 xp was announced. then once more after x12xp was released....that horse is still dead. we lost, that xp boost was released and everything we argued about was realized.

pvp is bad and full of bads, ops suck unless youre in a farm guild, flashpoints rarely pop and when they do, many dont know the fights. many still dont know how to gear out their toons let alone their companions. those that wanted the x12xp have complained and came to the darkside that is against it. lots of good players left swtor in frustration and x12xp was part of it.

swtor devs shot themselves in the foot and we raised the red flag early. it didnt matter. we're stuck with it now. deal with it.

masstershake
09.29.2015 , 07:28 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
this was discussed in depth before x12xp was announced and again when x12 xp was announced. then once more after x12xp was released....that horse is still dead. we lost, that xp boost was released and everything we argued about was realized.
:
I don't know who you're talking about here...but i was in major favor of 12x XP and am still if not more so in favor of it now...i finally have 1 of every advance class, 2 of each healing class and a ton of low lvl toons for low level pvp...

I do not understand why some people don't like 12x XP...so what there are bads...there will always be bads but at least now there are more players...the devs did not shoot themselves in the foot, they added something to the game that is much needed and should be rewarded for it...(and btw as stated by the OP you can remove 12x and this hasn't hurt group content, group content was not being used anyways, i did every flashpoint once while leveling for the 1 time quests and never again...nothing changed with 12x) and i for one am not looking forward to leveling again once 12x xp is gone
Prophecy of the 5 a holes; [Corrupted Souls]
Masstershake-sniper Fryloc-sorc
Meetwad-jug Kil'er-op
Alcohallic-Merc Hallbanero-assassin

NeuroniaSW
09.29.2015 , 09:46 PM | #133
12XP saved my interest in this game. Prior, it took so long to level that I was spamming Kuat Drive Yards to get to the next class level tiers. And that was boring as hell. Prior to 12XP I had a level 43 Sith Warrior and a level 45 Agent. I had a few Republic toons in the lower levels but it was just too grindy going through Balmorra again so I unsubbed for a year or so.

Now? I have done every class story several times over, with different genders/races and so on. And then again on new servers. I love Flashpoints, I do all them at least once for the story content, but I want to play completed characters with all the powers and doohickys. I'll team anytime, I love teaming, but with my erratic play schedule and prehistoric rig (it can take me up to 4-5 minutes to load into an instance :/ ) not many want to wait thta long.

So for me as a solo player? It's awesome.
--Star Forge--

Neuronia, Ursule, La'nikki'thelle,Neg-ronia,Pursomous

Bomyne
09.30.2015 , 12:00 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You goof...that was GSF, not PvP

Arguably it's a form of "PvP", but it's not the traditional PvP players speak of when they say "PvP". GSF does a great job of frustrating new players to the point they won't ever be back.

And...there is a GSF tutorial, it's just terrible. Press H and hit the question mark in the upper right of the screen...that's the tutorial. If you give GSF time, it can be a lot of fun!

So...next up, you need to try REAL PvP
I've tried groundbased PvP before my absence from the game. It's worthless.

I would rather just stick to playing the story lines, and pretend PvP and Ops don't exist. Because they have no value for me. GSF is the only multiplayer mode I haven't given a proper go... and you are right, it is frustrating me. Heck, that Tutorial you pointed out as more fun than all of the games multiplayer modes combined.

Bioware, please allow the 12x to stay permanently.

robertthebard
09.30.2015 , 03:56 AM | #135

pvp is bad and full of bads, ops suck unless youre in a farm guild, flashpoints rarely pop and when they do, many dont know the fights. many still dont know how to gear out their toons let alone their companions. those that wanted the x12xp have complained and came to the darkside that is against it. lots of good players left swtor in frustration and x12xp was part of it.

swtor devs shot themselves in the foot and we raised the red flag early. it didnt matter. we're stuck with it now. deal with it.
You know, I don't PvP here, 1 2 3 GO isn't my idea of PvP. However, I have spent hours upon hours listening to my GL cry about the bads in PvP groups, even when the cap was only 55. So what was it that caused bads back then, since there was no 12x xp? Could it possibly be that there are bads no matter what? Surely not, right? I mean, it's not like we couldn't go on the PvP forums and find thousands of posts about how every class in the game needs nerfed, except the one the OP is playing, which needs buffed, right? According to the "PvPers", those players are bads, right? At least, until they feel like they're getting the short end of the stick, and then it's ok...

Define lots, and provide something aside from anecdotal evidence? The three people you know that left don't constitute lots, and frankly, I don't know of anyone that left due to the xp boost. But hey, if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with ********, right?

Mikahrtwo
09.30.2015 , 04:27 AM | #136

What you really wanted to say....nothings changed, except there are lot more happy people that finally got to see best part of the game.

I still remember back in 2011/ early 2012 people whining on forums and fleet about bads in PvE and PvP rofl, how leveling FPs aint poppin aka "its REALLY hard to get leveing FP going (no GF back then), and later onyl KSY poppin, and i know more people that left SWTOR than you do. That may be back if they deliver their promise and make SWTOR story KOTOR game instead what it was for past 3 years with stroy content shoved in FPS and OPS in some futile attempt to make people do what they dont want to.

Accent on MAY, as BW will have to work real hard to remove damage done to reputation of the game (raid gear grind)

Jedi_riches
09.30.2015 , 04:30 AM | #137
12x xp is really a double edged sword, it helps people who have levelled prior characters by speeding up the levelling process however more experienced people would/should already:
1) have working knowledge of how the game works in general
2) be able to understand basic rotations
3) will have likely been part of groups on flashpoints etc

Noobs however:
1) are not going to understand basics of the game, and due to the speed of levelling may not fully grasp the principles on the move.
2) moves come at them so quick they may not understand their importance or what priority they would be in a rotation.
3) the only flashpoints that seem to pop at the minute is KYD as people are not running the levelling flashpoints because of 12x xp, so players don't understand group etticate and certainly don't understand role due to tacticals.

So the speed of levelling does not help new people to the game as it goes too fast for brains to comprehend, but to be honest I don't see why people new to the game would rush the levelling experience if its just to get to endgame aren't there better MMO's for endgame?

Draqsko
09.30.2015 , 05:45 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by DalekTheCat View Post
In defence of Cnut, the story was that he was surrounded by brown-nosers and sycophants. Tired of their nonsense, he declared he would command the tides to stop, and not one adviser felt confident enough to say what a bad idea this was. They all proceeded to the shore, Cnut did his thing, the tides ignored him, and Cnut famously "rebuked his couriers".

Cnut was not a fool who thought his power was without bounds.

Basically, Cnut's couriers are like Bioware's fanboys, except Bioware still hasn't figured out this whole tide thing yet.
That's one version of the story. Another, perhaps older version, just has him saying this:

Let all men know how empty and worthless is the power of kings, for there is none worthy of the name, but He whom heaven, earth, and sea obey by eternal laws.

He then hung up his crown on a crucifix and never wore it again.

That is probably more relevant of a version for this instance. Traditional MMO players might have been kings here before, but it's probably time to hang up the traditional MMO crown. Telling BW to stop or change directions is about as effective as Cnut and the sea.

Suromir
09.30.2015 , 07:27 AM | #139

pure hyperbole and outright false claims.

more were for it than against it. There's probably more that were against it that "switched to the darkside" and actually ended up liking it than what you're claiming. And I seriously doubt even one person left SWTOR because of 12x.

trollol.
GTN "Scam" argument in a nutshell; "Decimals are harrrrrd, BioWare fix the harrrrrrd"

Breech
09.30.2015 , 07:30 AM | #140
Well, I don't know the rest of the game, but thanks to this now I have:

A) A guild. Maybe not a very active one, but full of people to talk with.
B) A main, very well geared, and ready for the KoTFE expansion.
C) Friends to play with. Thanks to this one, I've convinced several friends to come back to game and sub.
D) Now I've a toon for every class. I've seen all the stories, both In the Republic and the Empire, and also Now I have Healers, ranged/CC DPS and tanks, all of them well geared and ready to any group content, including raids. So, grouping is no longer a problem.
E) Now I'm doing some raids, that before I can't do.
F) Thanks to that, now I can sell the items I found in the group content and rare drops in the GTM. I've finally money to buy some decorations or even the strongholds I want, so I can finally put some designs to work, and I've money for helping friends and new comers in my guild.
G) Without the worry of the damn PvE gear, I can now focus in activites like this bounty hunter thing, some spaceship PvP, and even some role events.

And that's what I can come up right now. So, I don't know the rest, but this 12xp booster is a BLESSING for me. NO MORE GRINDING, so I can actually enjoy the damn game.