Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Proverbial chat on sorc's in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Proverbial chat on sorc's in pvp

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
05.24.2020 , 07:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
I seem to remember it being a big deal when they changed it. It was a long time ago though, i can't remember if it was 2.0 or before that. I do remember a lot of lag around that older animation. It didnt activate as instantaneous as overload does now and the lag could really mess up the timing of the ability. video clip here
Thanks for that link I never seen that vid. That's funny to watch.

Depending on the day I still can have lag like that especially on overload even now. I hate how it's conal because it misses thanks to lag not due to user error.

Imo the conal attack additions were bad when they were added and they still bad what they left in. When the game has an engine or lag issue like this one, the worst thing is having abilities that require perfect direction for use on a target....
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
05.24.2020 , 12:45 PM | #12
Madness sorc needs a lot more love to be viable in ranked. It needs Force Lightning to be castable while moving combined with temporary accumulated DR to some minor degree. It is far too easily to shut down atm.

Rotatorcuffs's Avatar


Rotatorcuffs
05.24.2020 , 02:59 PM | #13
I have a lot to say on this topic, but I'm too lazy to type. But given how both sorc dps specs are so reliant on dots for damage, they need to interfere less with mezzes. It's really hard to get as much value out of mezzes unless you have intimate knowledge of other class dcd's and time them properly, as your dot damage breaks them early. I mean you could just not use dots for say lightning spec, but that's also a major blow to your dps. Really makes it hard to duel certain classes.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.24.2020 , 04:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Madness sorc needs a lot more love to be viable in ranked. It needs Force Lightning to be castable while moving combined with temporary accumulated DR to some minor degree. It is far too easily to shut down atm.
Agreed.

I remember way back when Madness was more mobile than lightning spec and lightning was the stand still turret. Now Madness is the stand still turret.

I think making force lightning castable while on the move for madness would go a long way to helping the spec.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.24.2020 , 04:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotatorcuffs View Post
I have a lot to say on this topic, but I'm too lazy to type. But given how both sorc dps specs are so reliant on dots for damage, they need to interfere less with mezzes. It's really hard to get as much value out of mezzes unless you have intimate knowledge of other class dcd's and time them properly, as your dot damage breaks them early. I mean you could just not use dots for say lightning spec, but that's also a major blow to your dps. Really makes it hard to duel certain classes.
Madness was always the dot spec and while lightning used dots, they were not as reliant on them. Now they are both heavily dot reliant and AOE reliant.

I would like to see the specs be more different. Have Madness dedicated to dot spec and AOE spread and have lightning dedicated to single target burst and less reliant on dots. Maybe even remove dots from the lightning rotation.

The problem is lack of imagination in the development team.

Xertasian's Avatar


Xertasian
05.24.2020 , 05:44 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Madness was always the dot spec and while lightning used dots, they were not as reliant on them. Now they are both heavily dot reliant and AOE reliant.

I would like to see the specs be more different. Have Madness dedicated to dot spec and AOE spread and have lightning dedicated to single target burst and less reliant on dots. Maybe even remove dots from the lightning rotation.

The problem is lack of imagination in the development team.
this gonna leave a bad taste in my mouth..but i agree with your argument Trixxie..sorc's need more probably..i was just going for the basics..something that wouldn't change game mechanics..try to get Bioware to bite on the small stuff..get that accomplish..then go for the bigger issues..

with my suggestions to changing there cc's is going in the right direction..cause the sorc class had this before..so it is nothing complex for the development team to figure out..hopefuuly the pvp person for Bioware can say a few words on the idea..
Back streaming again http://twitch.tv/Xertasian

Monterone's Avatar


Monterone
05.24.2020 , 08:52 PM | #17
Madness needs one adjustment to begin with, and I think the numbers for PvP would increase sufficiently enough that other areas that are lacking would be less apparent.

A more reliable dot spread. This is what this spec does, and the majority of the headache comes from the fact that our dot-spread lost a TON of radius but kept the full cooldown it had before.

There is another thread in the sorc section that brings up the fact that Madness still does not have its own set bonus, and is forced to use a Lightning/TK set. This would be a great opportunity to fix this issue.

Madness would be much better off not messing with Polarity Shift cooldown, and instead the 6pc for Madness could extend that Death Field radius back to what it used to be, +5m. Or instead, it could lower the CD on DF by ~3 seconds so it's a more effective dot spread. The original radius would be better.

We'd lose the +20% damage after Sprint and +20% damage during Polarity, but the originally designed DF radius would make up for that, and the 4pc bonus could also be helpful.

My suggestion for the Madness set would be:

2pc +2% Mastery
4pc Recklessness -15 CD, +1 charge
6pc +5m radius on Death Field (I think it used to be +5m, don't feel like researching)
Saminette
Star Forge

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
05.24.2020 , 09:52 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
Madness needs one adjustment to begin with, and I think the numbers for PvP would increase sufficiently enough that other areas that are lacking would be less apparent.

A more reliable dot spread. This is what this spec does, and the majority of the headache comes from the fact that our dot-spread lost a TON of radius but kept the full cooldown it had before.

There is another thread in the sorc section that brings up the fact that Madness still does not have its own set bonus, and is forced to use a Lightning/TK set. This would be a great opportunity to fix this issue.

Madness would be much better off not messing with Polarity Shift cooldown, and instead the 6pc for Madness could extend that Death Field radius back to what it used to be, +5m. Or instead, it could lower the CD on DF by ~3 seconds so it's a more effective dot spread. The original radius would be better.

We'd lose the +20% damage after Sprint and +20% damage during Polarity, but the originally designed DF radius would make up for that, and the 4pc bonus could also be helpful.

My suggestion for the Madness set would be:

2pc +2% Mastery
4pc Recklessness -15 CD, +1 charge
6pc +5m radius on Death Field (I think it used to be +5m, don't feel like researching)
Thats not a bad idea.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

EmperorRus's Avatar


EmperorRus
05.25.2020 , 03:39 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
why do you think thats a better idea?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotatorcuffs View Post
given how both sorc dps specs are so reliant on dots for damage, they need to interfere less with mezzes. It's really hard to get as much value out of mezzes unless you have intimate knowledge of other class dcd's and time them properly, as your dot damage breaks them early. I mean you could just not use dots for say lightning spec, but that's also a major blow to your dps. Really makes it hard to duel certain classes.
That's why

EmperorRus's Avatar


EmperorRus
05.25.2020 , 04:00 AM | #20
My suggestions

2-pc +2% mastery
4-pc Periodic damagins effects don't tick on targets affected by Whirlwind and Backlash. Dealing periodic damage increases damage reduction by 10% for 6 seconds.
6-pc Demolish also reduce the target's movement speed by 30%, 30% chance to gain Wrath and finish the cooldown on Demolish when taking direct damage. Once every X seconds.

PvP set obviously