Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proverbial chat on sorc's in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Proverbial chat on sorc's in pvp

Xertasian
05.23.2020 , 04:54 PM | #1
rarely do i start post, so here goes..got my sorc 306 min/max..playing around with all 3 specs..i been playing since beta..overall i say sorcs about 90% in a good spot will all specs..the 10% is what i'm adressing..for starters they dont need anymore buffs to dps or heals and no dcd's..

still sorc's have a problem of getting out of tight jams..phase walk is good but have cd..force barrier then after you is focus..the fix to it is very simple..actually this was with the sorc/sage classes before Bioware went nerf city..gonna break down all 3 specs and reason for the help to class..

madness spec make whirlwind instant cast without utility..it was like this before..only madness spec get it..this will give the sorc the oh geez way out on things..it don't affect the class..

lightning spec..make electrocute 35 meters as it was before..only for lightning spec..reason is why you gonna have a long range class with a 10 meter stun..defeating the purpose..again this wont break the class..will let the sorc get away if he got a range class focusing him..

corruption spec..make overload have it 360 knock back radius at it was before..only for corruption spec..reason being the sorc getting focus from all angles is hard to deal with it..the 360 knock back will give it time to plan a counter or just run..again this don't break the class..

these little tweeks is not major or is it some kind of new idea..since sorcs had these skills already..now with all the stuff other classes have at there disposal..it time to put sorcs back to where they were at the start..

lastly take away phase walk and give it back to the sin..cause with these changes on cc control it's not needed..i gonna leave it here..other people can comment give there ideas..maybe somebody might know a better way than me..let keep things civil..
Back streaming again http://twitch.tv/Xertasian

-Bob-
05.23.2020 , 06:29 PM | #2
I dig the idea of giving madness the insta whirlwind without using utility points, i always spec into it because it's so handy, would be nice to free up a point.
I also miss the old 360 knockback, that animation was much better imo.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

Monterone
05.23.2020 , 08:23 PM | #3
The old knockback was so damn short though. I think having it as a conal/frontal, but with longer reach, was a good change. Yes, I still get frustrated periodically when a lag spike makes me look like a newb and I point it the wrong way, but overall it works better.

I do miss the instant WW.

And of course the wider radius on Death Field. I'd love to get this back on a set bonus some day.
Saminette
Star Forge

Evolixe
05.23.2020 , 08:49 PM | #4
I don't even remember Overload being 360 degrees, you guys are talking about a long lost past man
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

Fellow-Canadian
05.23.2020 , 10:02 PM | #5
Sorcs having a long range stun is a bad idea. Lightning is hyper mobile for a ranged class as it is.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

EmperorRus
05.23.2020 , 10:36 PM | #6
Quote:
madness spec make whirlwind instant cast without utility
I have a better idea. Periodic damagins effects don't tick on targets affected by Whirlwind.

-Bob-
05.23.2020 , 10:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EmperorRus View Post
I have a better idea. Periodic damagins effects don't tick on targets affected by Whirlwind.
why do you think thats a better idea?
Der Untermensch
Referral link

-Bob-
05.23.2020 , 11:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I don't even remember Overload being 360 degrees, you guys are talking about a long lost past man
I seem to remember it being a big deal when they changed it. It was a long time ago though, i can't remember if it was 2.0 or before that. I do remember a lot of lag around that older animation. It didnt activate as instantaneous as overload does now and the lag could really mess up the timing of the ability. video clip here
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Rion_Starkiller
05.23.2020 , 11:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
I seem to remember it being a big deal when they changed it. It was a long time ago though, i can't remember if it was 2.0 or before that. I do remember a lot of lag around that older animation. It didnt activate as instantaneous as overload does now and the lag could really mess up the timing of the ability. video clip here
Doesn't the Imp side sorc animation still seem laggy like that?
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

-Bob-
05.23.2020 , 11:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Doesn't the Imp side sorc animation still seem laggy like that?
its not as bad as whats shown in the video clip i linked but lag has always been a consistent problem in this game mostly due to Bee Dubya modding the game engine during development from what i understand.
Der Untermensch
Referral link