HK-47 in False Emperor...harsh!?

My group wiped several times on HK-47 after he goes stealth and puts that sick DOT on a random group member. Group members go down like a sack of potatos in 1-2 seconds.

This boss seems overly hard. We passed the prior bosses without one problem. Every video I see with success on him seems to be won luckily or within a hair of failing.

Does anyone have any advice for taking him down? We never got him below 10%.

Things we tried.

#1 Stacking on tank when HK-47 stealths and AOEing on selves to take him out of stealth and prevent DOT. (mixed results, didn't work everytime)

#2 Cleansing DOT (one cleanse success and then healers couldn't cleanse quick enough)

#3 Target of DOT uses defensive cooldowns (not nearly enough damage reduction)

#4 Guarding target of DOT (I am a shadow tank and this didn't effect results any)

ermm I never had such issues

we just bomb the turrets with the rockets thingie he spawns on random people to take shields down on them

Then when he vanish and appears again we kill turret that is further from him and AoE the one next to him ... and basicly he is dead by then

never had any issue with dot, and when he does snipe just use defensive cd's or HP stim to help healer

we are talking HM mode right ?

Edited by Menzoberanza

The alternate way is to have everyone spread out. The person he pops up next to is the one that you need to instantly Cleanse the dot off.

This is what we did after trying the AoE method. Spread out so it's clear who he will target. As soon as HK-47 unstealths, the healer should target the person he is standing next to. Don't cleanse too quickly because HK takes a few moments before he poisons (I've been a little trigger-happy and cleansed before the DOT was applied). Just watch for the debuff to show up then pop the cleanse. Good as new!

Thanks for the inputs (at least the constuctive ones....i knew it was a matter of time before some elitist chimed in with how easy it is).

We will try the spread out method and get the person HK is on targeted quickly for a hasty cleanse.

Thanks for the inputs (at least the constuctive ones....i knew it was a matter of time before some elitist chimed in with how easy it is).

We will try the spread out method and get the person HK is on targeted quickly for a hasty cleanse.

There's nothing elitist about the earlier responses. It's a simple fight. He goes invis, AE. It's not that tough.

There's nothing elitist about the earlier responses. It's a simple fight. He goes invis, AE. It's not that tough.

Terms like LOL, and cakewalk are elitist. Especially when the only video evidence I have seen shows the group getting it done by the skin of their teeth. The penalty is harsh. If you miss the turret/interupt on one of the previous boss the damage is ramped up from 100% to 400%. On HK-47 the penalty is more than likely a wipe. And I find people are mostly full of crap when describing the difficulty of an instance/boss. IMO they fall into two groups.

1. Easy = group wiped multiple times but progressed.

2. Hard = Wiped until group quit.

I think those two descriptions are disingenuous. Even though we had progressed up to HK-47 without a wipe I would not have considered it easy or faceroll. There were several hairy moments.

I was the tank in the scenario so I don't know if the DPS were doing the AOE's properly, but I trust when they say they are AOE'n that they are. For whatever reason the tactic was not working.

Again, thank you for those who gave advice.

I agree with the AOE method. I have ran this HM FP many times and we just ignore the turrets and when he begins his stealth phase we just AOE on top of him. Now keep in mind he does use stealth twice, you need to AOE him out of the 2nd one to prevent the killshot.

I cannot reiterate enough that this works everytime and nobody takes any huge damage spikes.

Terms like LOL, and cakewalk are elitist. Especially when the only video evidence I have seen shows the group getting it done by the skin of their teeth. The penalty is harsh. If you miss the turret/interupt on one of the previous boss the damage is ramped up from 100% to 400%. On HK-47 the penalty is more than likely a wipe. And I find people are mostly full of crap when describing the difficulty of an instance/boss. IMO they fall into two groups.

1. Easy = group wiped multiple times but progressed.

2. Hard = Wiped until group quit.

I think those two descriptions are disingenuous. Even though we had progressed up to HK-47 without a wipe I would not have considered it easy or faceroll. There were several hairy moments.

I was the tank in the scenario so I don't know if the DPS were doing the AOE's properly, but I trust when they say they are AOE'n that they are. For whatever reason the tactic was not working.

Again, thank you for those who gave advice.

I'll fraps it for you next time :)

I lol at people that say "this boss is overtuned" when you don't even understand the fight. I will break it down for you sir.

From start to finish.

The fight starts by having your tank grab the boss. At this time your healer should be healing the party and tank. They are very basic attacks. The boss will spawn 2 turrets with green shields, at this time the boss will do a tracer missile which will put a circle under a player. Move the targeted player to the turret in the 4seconds it gives you before the circle turns red and the missile launches. Do this till the turrets have no shields left. When the turrets are up have the tank aoe taunt, when it's up. They also do about 0damg and are to be ignored till the boss is dead. Now Here comes the "hard" part. Hk will vanish and target "target" not "dot" he will TARGET one player and come out of stealth. At this point u have 3 secs of dps that can be done, he will then Vanish AGAIN and prepare to 1 hit kill that TARGETED player. You must aoe the area around the TARGETED player to break his stealth on his SECOND vanish. Repeat the above till dead.

Good dps = 2 vanish

Bad dps = 3+

Now that you understand the fight please go attempt it again and tell me how "hard" it is.

Edited by Ryanxxx

Wow, a lot of hate going around. I was commenting that the failure on this time sensitive mechanic is harsh. I guess that equals me ranting about not being able to solo a flashpoint.

@Ryan - thank you for the detailed explanation of the fight. Especially the detail on the two different vanish phases. The fight, prior to his vanish phasewas pretty self explanitory.

I guess the DPS of my group was poor. We were into the fourth cycle of his vanish.

Wow, a lot of hate going around. I was commenting that the failure on this time sensitive mechanic is harsh. I guess that equals me ranting about not being able to solo a flashpoint.

@Ryan - thank you for the detailed explanation of the fight. Especially the detail on the two different vanish phases. The fight, prior to his vanish phasewas pretty self explanitory.

I guess the DPS of my group was poor. We were into the fourth cycle of his vanish.

So he was in the FOURTH cycle and you call it harsh?

You call us elitist while your DPS was subpar...

Four cycles of vanish? He was probably enraged lol.

This is all on your group. No more, no less. DPS harder, knock him out of stealth faster, and it's a breeze. I've done this fight (and the rest of the FP in HM) with a companion healer. If that's doable, outgoing damage is clearly not a problem.

So he was in the FOURTH cycle and you call it harsh?

You call us elitist while your DPS was subpar...

Alright already...I admitted to not understanding the fight. And not knowing my DPS was bad after we cleared up to HK-47 with zero problems. It was a DPS check and we failed.

/*waves white flag*

You are right and I am wrong.....

I am ugly and you are incredibly good looking....

I lol at people that say "this boss is overtuned" when you don't even understand the fight. I will break it down for you sir.

From start to finish.

The fight starts by having your tank grab the boss. At this time your healer should be healing the party and tank.

let me stop you right there....

as a healer i ALWAYS bubble everyone up before this fight and DPS the heck out of him as much as i can at the start.

it is VERY important to get him to the point where the turrets span then when he starts to disappear ASAP to avoid enrage timers.

i'll also add that when he starts to disappear, EVERYONE group together and the healer should cast his AoE heal, then the others aoe DPS when he reappears and the healer single heal the person that gets the DoT (if they do)

this is a rather easy fight if people pay attention and know what they're doing.

another thing people are forgetting to mention (which you did as well) is his cone based frontal attack. make sure the tank has him facing away from everyone. what we usually do is have the tank stand right in the middle and make a triangle around him, using the turrets as two of three points of the triangle, making it easier to have the missile drops hit the turrets.

if you do all these things and still fail, as others have said you are lacking DPS or need the healer to get more active at the start of the fight and add some extra DPS.

i've run this fight multiple times now without a single death....

Alright already...I admitted to not understanding the fight. And not knowing my DPS was bad after we cleared up to HK-47 with zero problems. It was a DPS check and we failed.

/*waves white flag*

You are right and I am wrong.....

I am ugly and you are incredibly good looking....

I've made the same mistake. I kept hearing about this dot and worrying about it all the time, and then people just start getting one shot. As a healer I didnt really have him targetted that often because i was busy targetting teammates to heal (and looking at health bars). You'd think my 3 group mates might have noticed the enrage and said something, but I was convinced I was screwing up as a healer. After the 4th failure I asked if he was enraging, and on the 5th fail, my suspicions were confirmed.

The enrage is just a hard wall on this encounter. if you go in with subpar dps in your group, expect disappointment. We had some juggernaut who had just converted from tank to dps spec, his gear was terrible, and he didn't know what he was doing so we paid the price.

I've made the same mistake. I kept hearing about this dot and worrying about it all the time, and then people just start getting one shot. As a healer I didnt really have him targetted that often because i was busy targetting teammates to heal (and looking at health bars). You'd think my 3 group mates might have noticed the enrage and said something, but I was convinced I was screwing up as a healer. After the 4th failure I asked if he was enraging, and on the 5th fail, my suspicions were confirmed.

The enrage is just a hard wall on this encounter. if you go in with subpar dps in your group, expect disappointment. We had some juggernaut who had just converted from tank to dps spec, his gear was terrible, and he didn't know what he was doing so we paid the price.

as i stated above, as a healer i try and pump out as much DPS as i can at at the beginning of the fight when there are no turrets and HK is doing less damage to help avoid the enrage timer.

also MAKE SURE your DPS and yourself are not standing behind the tank as HK has a frontal cone attack. and also MAKE SURE you and your DPS are paying attention to the ground affects of the missles and moving.

then when he disappears group together, AoE heal and AoE DPS when he reappears and you should be fine.

if you do all these things and still die, your DPS are not on the level and need to gear up a bit.

I just want to point this out. The reason you aoe is to break his stealth. Its easy if you bring a mercenary who has the probe detection. The moment he stealths, have the merc cast his probes in an area around the group. HK might stun before the probes work but the moment he tries to restealth he will pop out before he does his 1-hit wonder. My group does this everytime and has yet to have anyone die to him that way. If no merc is in the group, just make sure the aoe's are still going during HK's second stealth.