3.0 Mercenary/DPS guide by Fascinate & Marisi

Iwipe

Last night did HM Rav bosses 1-3 w/ DPS of Mando Mando Sage Sage. Then I did HM TOS bosses 1-4 w/ DPS of Merc Mara PT Sniper. Just like normal.

Dude if u dont understand post just dont answer to it. Srlsy. Im makin claim teams will need to be almost all BH and u come at me that ur team is half BH ? just dont. Also dont give the **** u went normal with all ur gear prenerf where we started as 80% of guilds now with fully 192 BiS gear and killed Bulo and Torque after many many many tries. My claim is, gearing will be a lot more tougher for normal people having more in life than progressing but willing to put the effort to experience HM content, not impossible with ur prenerf gear. Leave those goats man or get new ones

Edited by starrlorrd

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude if u dont understand post just dont answer to it. Srlsy. Im makin claim teams will need to be almost all BH and u come at me that ur team is half BH ? just dont. Also dont give the **** u went normal with all ur gear prenerf where we started as 80% of guilds now with fully 192 BiS gear and killed Bulo and Torque after many many many tries. My claim is, gearing will be a lot more tougher for normal people having more in life than progressing but willing to put the effort to experience HM content, not impossible with ur prenerf gear. Leave those goats man or get new ones

Dude the struggle is real. You will persevere. But putting your ************ for attention aside, the other mando was someone's fourth order alt with comm gear.

I'm currently testing some different stat distributions right now, but ship lag is pretty horrid on harb so it's kinda difficult atm.

EDIT: Posted all of my parsing logs thus far onto parsely, just search my name and look at all the logs uploaded Apr 09. Conclusions I've drawn up so far: As long as you have a standardized fixed stat distribution (minimum 1 alac piece, minimum 400 crit, 3 surge pieces), you can switch and swap around different amounts of mods and enhancements to your liking and still average around 4.9kish. Oh, and for fun, I attempted a pure surge/no alac parse, and did 4.7k, so yea, 1 alac piece is an absolute must, but as long as you keep the standardized fixed stat distribution, you won't see much variation if you want to play around a bit with stats.

Edited by BreakingNews

So how much has the IO nerf closed the gap between IO and Arsenal?

Mine are within 250. But I had god tier crits on my gunnery parse and I used my raid rotation in the AS one (more mobility at the cost of FA on CD for 2 GCDs)

These were all done with 120 Alacrity. I'm basically gearing for Machine Core in the sense that I want the X number of moves that will hit in the window between pushes to hit as hard as possible. I don't know how much Alacrity I will need to fit in X+1 moves but I assume it's too much to bother with.

Edited by Jojomagro

Marisi & Fascinate

So I'm sure you guys have been hard at work on this as well, but we all would like to hear what you decided to change on the new stat distribution from the patch? With the loss of our base 2%, the rotation is much slower and I've also noticed some of the proc's aren't working as the were pre 3.1.2.. so my questions are:

1. Do we simply add around 2% alacrity to replace what they took away?

2. Since the surge bonus to our dots has been removed, is crit still as necessary?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!!

Marisi & Fascinate

So I'm sure you guys have been hard at work on this as well, but we all would like to hear what you decided to change on the new stat distribution from the patch? With the loss of our base 2%, the rotation is much slower and I've also noticed some of the proc's aren't working as the were pre 3.1.2.. so my questions are:

1. Do we simply add around 2% alacrity to replace what they took away?

2. Since the surge bonus to our dots has been removed, is crit still as necessary?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!!

Guess people didn't see the edit to my previous post, since I've gotten a couple PMs. Here's the edited post:

Posted all of my parsing logs thus far onto parsely, just search my name and look at all the logs uploaded Apr 09. Conclusions I've drawn up so far: As long as you have a standardized fixed stat distribution (minimum 1 alac piece, minimum 400 crit, 3 surge pieces), you can switch and swap around different amounts of mods and enhancements to your liking and still average around 4.9kish. Oh, and for fun, I attempted a pure surge/no alac parse, and did 4.7k, so yea, 1 alac piece is an absolute must, but as long as you keep the standardized fixed stat distribution, you won't see much variation if you want to play around a bit with stats.

Uploaded 10 consecutive parses today with what I think is the ideal stat distribution. Link to the parses.

Lowest parse: 4815

Highest parse: 5197

Average: 4968

Stat distribution:

Aim: 4463 (with stim)

Accuracy: 756

Crit: 612

Surge: 360

Alacrity: 240

How would u transfer those stats into only 192 BiS gear for maximum reliable dps ??

Something like that would be ok ??

Accuracy: 772

Aim: 4355

Crit : 520

Surge : 351

Alacrity : 222

Final Q , how do u guyz get those 39 APMs , key binding ? With 130ms lag on Red Ecplise since new patch is very difficult to get two magshots in IM debuff window(debuff ends before hititn second magshot). Any tips ? What was urs Ping while doing those parses ??

All help gladly appreciated

Edited by starrlorrd

Final Q , how do u guyz get those 39 APMs , key binding ? With 130ms lag on Red Ecplise since new patch is very difficult to get two magshots in IM debuff window(debuff ends before hititn second magshot). Any tips ? What was urs Ping while doing those parses ??

All help gladly appreciated

That's some bad lag man. Either way, you should never be a clicker. Second, someone might have to help me remember the exact location, but somewhere under preferences, either UI or controls, you can set the ability queue timer all the way up to 1 second. Do that, and have about 120-240 alacrity ~/= 39APM.

Uploaded 10 consecutive parses today with what I think is the ideal stat distribution. Link to the parses.

Lowest parse: 4815

Highest parse: 5197

Average: 4968

Stat distribution:

Aim: 4463 (with stim)

Accuracy: 756

Crit: 612

Surge: 360

Alacrity: 240

Okay so if anyone on the thread could give me a good pointer here, it would be appreciated.

My Current Stats:

Aim: 4472 with stim

Accuracy: 754 (so close, yet so far)

Crit: 602

Surge: 333

Alacrity: 111

Augments: 13 Aim and 1 Accuracy

Now I want to get the alacrity a little closer to what the Zorz guy linked. Anybody in here have ideas about how to bump that without removing the 100 or so surge I would lose by swapping an enhancement? (Note aside from some 198 comm enhancements for the increased acc I'm basically in full resurrected (also minus one implant))

The best I can think is to play with the augment distribution and either lose a surge enhancement and throw some surge augments in where I have aim ones now, or throw alacrity augments in. The augments are 52 each so if I grab 2 of surge or alacrity it boost the numbers by 104. If I just put alacrity in it will send my total to 215 and drop aim stats by 104 and a little crit. If I drop a surge enhance to get the 222 alacrity and compensate via surge augments (assuming two) it sends me to 326 surge or 378 assuming three. The alacrity augment route is by far the cheaper of the two as it doesn't mess with anything other than buying two new augments and then taking out the aim ones. Frankly I'm not sure where the best place to adjust this is to hit the stats listed. Granted trying to copy someone's stats may not be the best strategy in the world, but having tangible numbers to reach for makes this gearing grind more enticing.

Okay so if anyone on the thread could give me a good pointer here, it would be appreciated.

My Current Stats:

Aim: 4472 with stim

Accuracy: 754 (so close, yet so far)

Crit: 602

Surge: 333

Alacrity: 111

Augments: 13 Aim and 1 Accuracy

Now I want to get the alacrity a little closer to what the Zorz guy linked. Anybody in here have ideas about how to bump that without removing the 100 or so surge I would lose by swapping an enhancement? (Note aside from some 198 comm enhancements for the increased acc I'm basically in full resurrected (also minus one implant))

The best I can think is to play with the augment distribution and either lose a surge enhancement and throw some surge augments in where I have aim ones now, or throw alacrity augments in. The augments are 52 each so if I grab 2 of surge or alacrity it boost the numbers by 104. If I just put alacrity in it will send my total to 215 and drop aim stats by 104 and a little crit. If I drop a surge enhance to get the 222 alacrity and compensate via surge augments (assuming two) it sends me to 326 surge or 378 assuming three. The alacrity augment route is by far the cheaper of the two as it doesn't mess with anything other than buying two new augments and then taking out the aim ones. Frankly I'm not sure where the best place to adjust this is to hit the stats listed. Granted trying to copy someone's stats may not be the best strategy in the world, but having tangible numbers to reach for makes this gearing grind more enticing.

The stat distribution you're looking to achieve is based upon 198 BiS. The essential breakdown is 5 198 BiS accuracy pieces (enhancement/implant/ear) and 3 purple acc augs, which brings you to 756 acc (99.99%/109.99%). This frees up a slot (ear/implant/enhancement) for more surge/alacrity.

Example: I personally have revanite ear/implant/3 198 BiS enhancements, and 3 augments w/ accuracy, 3 surge enhancements, and 2 alacrity enhancements. This gives me 99.99% acc, 360 surge, and 240 alacrity.

Since you're resurrected gear only offers 111 in tertiary stats (acc/surge/alacrity), you simply can't reach those numbers until you get some revanite gear, or the enhancements from the trash gear in HM OPs.

Edited by Goatwhore

The stat distribution you're looking to achieve is based upon 198 BiS. The essential breakdown is 5 198 BiS accuracy pieces (enhancement/implant/ear) and 3 purple acc augs, which brings you to 756 acc (99.99%/109.99%). This frees up a slot (ear/implant/enhancement) for more surge/alacrity.

Example: I personally have revanite ear/implant/3 198 BiS enhancements, and 3 augments w/ accuracy, 3 surge enhancements, and 2 alacrity enhancements. This gives me 99.99% acc, 360 surge, and 240 alacrity.

Since you're resurrected gear only offers 111 in tertiary stats (acc/surge/alacrity), you simply can't reach those numbers until you get some revanite gear, or the enhancements from the trash gear in HM OPs.

Yeah I should have been more detailed. I figured these were 198 stats, I was trying to work out a base for the 192s that would add up logically when accounting for the difference. The spread of stats you mentioned (e.g. how many augments etc.) actually helped that math out tremendously.

I just ask me If the trade of 2 augment aim for 1 enhancement alacrity or surge is better in term of DPS.

Finaly, you lose 22,93 damage bonus for gain 120 surge or 120 alacrity.

Someone testing and compare perhaps the 2 possibilities ?

I just ask me If the trade of 2 augment aim for 1 enhancement alacrity or surge is better in term of DPS.

Finaly, you lose 22,93 damage bonus for gain 120 surge or 120 alacrity.

Someone testing and compare perhaps the 2 possibilities ?

The masters may chime in but what that comes down to is resources.

If you have slightly more resource you can effectively use more resource thus doing more damage. With total combat time, you have a little more to use every GCD, and that adds up quickly to a lot. Personally I have seen a ~200 point swing in dps in 192 gear, and just recently a small bump from that 111 to 120 alacrity despite losing what seemed to be 2% or more Critical Multiplier (Surge) so its well worth it. Shockingly so.

So dropping a few points of damage bonus for several non auto attacks will invariably be a dps increase.