melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

MerkSauce

I notice the vendor for Grand Acquisition Race is only selling weapons useable by Agent/Trooper, have they announced anything where they may be adding melee/blaster pistols to the vendor? Or maybe even some color crystals, or anything worth having? Dont get me wrong sweet quest, just curious to see if anyone has heard about the vendor at all.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i have a few 50's luckily one is an operative, and she isnt super geared yet. Only battlemaster. However the bow caster ended up being only 4 points lower than battle master blaster so i got one good thing. I just feel like they wouldnt neglect over half of the users. Im thinking/hoping they add something bigggg. They added stuff for rakghoul event didnt they?

a white/black color crystal would be sweet to add ( bioware;) )

Edited by MerkSauce

It's the strangest design decision I've ever seen in an MMO. You hype up an event. People wait for it for months. It arrives. The rewards are ONLY for a small % of the playerbase? My mind is well and truly boggled!

They didn't hype this thing for months. The put out a video like two days ago.

They added stuff for rakghoul event didnt they?

Not that I recall, no. Could be wrong but I don't remember anything being added after day 1.

The rewards for this event are absurd, and I don't just refer to the lack of melee & blasters. And if I finish it I get a new title (woo.hoo.) and an albino version of the free transfer pet? Meh. I'll just snag some sand people gear for companions and be done with it (for some reason the idea of Talos in the full set is bemusing).

But on topic- this lack of weapons for anyone outside a select couple classes is baffling :confused: how many threads on this is it going to take to get some kind of response one way or the other? Never mind, don't answer that lol...

Back to farming crates. Black Hole deja vu.

A bunch of people were saying it was like ilum 2.0 back in the day haha. Im not to worried about color crystal transfer I was hoping to see variety of weapons. Or maybe even better color crystals. I wasnt sure about the rakghoul event i was boycotting TOR then ha but i heard it had way better items...

If they do one of these events every month or two and if each event basically only has something cute that some classes may have to give to an alt or companion that would be cool. I hope that's the plan so long as it isn't the same classes getting love every time. Edited by WaywardOne

They added stuff for rakghoul event didnt they?

Yes, they did. Each day opened up new missions and new adaptive gear (the Containment suit) as rewards, along with the quest to get the crimson rakling, etc. I'm pretty sure we've only seen the tip of the proverbial iceberg for the Chevin event. Heck, it's not even 2 days old yet! :)

They didn't hype this thing for months. The put out a video like two days ago.

BW has been hinting at the next "world event" since the Rakghoul event ended months ago. There's been a lot of hints and hype made at the various Cons and through fan sites and social media by the Community Team. And all the quests for this event were data-mined back when 1.3 came out. I can see how this may escape the notice of some casual players, which is why they released the video to signal the event was about to begin. But the fact that a new world event was coming is hardly news. :)

Edited by Sylin

Does no one else realize that this is a Bind on Legacy weapon? You can smuggle color crystals across sides now. Purple lightsaber on pubs, blue-black on imp, etc.

Shhhhhh, no one can know :)

But that makes me happy as i can get a purple colour crystal for my Jedi Guardian for once he hits 50 :D

barrels come in handy for my lightsaber....

I find it hard to believe that you have not considered that someday they will have a Jedi-centric event and you and your glowbat can cash in then while we rifle-carrying mortals sob in the corner like you are now.

trooper

vanguard or jorgan

knight

the chargin trooper whos name esacpes me

smuggler

corso and risha for sniper rifle

consualr

dont know but im guessing one companion can

BH

again dont know but guessing one companion can

warrior

pierce

agent

can use either and tample and kaliyo can use rifles

inquisiatator

ok this one i think has a problem.

and lets not forget HK-51 who will use rifles, now u need not worry finding him one.

Both Agent classes?

But then it would be 3/16 not 3/8. Either you count the specializations as one class or two. Not one way of one side of the equation and one way on the other.

It's either 2/8 with one class on each side or 3/16 with 2 Empire and 1 Republic class.

I notice the vendor for Grand Acquisition Race is only selling weapons useable by Agent/Trooper, have they announced anything where they may be adding melee/blaster pistols to the vendor? Or maybe even some color crystals, or anything worth having? Dont get me wrong sweet quest, just curious to see if anyone has heard about the vendor at all.

Melee who cares. Honestly all the lightsaber hits are just meh in the game with the exception of the elegant custom built ones. Melee (I'm am one) got the color crystals last event. Color crystals for ranged are lame you cant really ever tell. Thats why in my guild the black-purples go to lightsabers first if only. Also its just not Agent / Trooper. Its only Agent's & Vangaurds. Commando's got the shaft as well as bountyhunters. But lets be realistic here. If they just took some generic hit or cannon or pistol people would be more pissed. I would rather them take the time come up with something cool and unique then some recycled junk just to appease the players. So far the player base as a whole is getting some cool unique things this event. The sand people armor (yes i know there is some in the game but its way differant) is cool. The speeder is super rad. The pet is cool. There is something for every one. Lets hope next event they come up with some really cool things for melee, pistols and cannons.