Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BingyDingy
04.23.2019 , 09:50 AM | #31
i sent a bug report in:

two mobs were set to close to a large tree so close one of them was stuck 1/2 in, when i attack them that one came out of the tree attack me, only it lasted 2sec then gone back were it was, endless if i was close to them two mob would attack then jump back ended the fight then back again attack me over and over again!

really odd

best way fix it would be move them and ammo chest away a bet from that large fat tree! they attack me and ended endless cycle 2sec battles, lasted 30min, after i walk away it all ended for good!

in the bug report i added the map location were they can be found

X: don't remember it now
Y: don't remember it now
Z: -3
====
added note: found some lore codex and datapad nice, still see what other goodies can be found in that map, nice job
Do use Teamspeak play online with! Disord: chiefadfp
twitter: @chiefadfp Skype: chiefadfp
friends invite to all "Click-Here"

Damask_Rose
04.23.2019 , 10:32 AM | #32
I haven't downloaded this version of the PTS yet. I have two questions.

1. Is the event only for lvl 70s or can lower level characters participate like they can for Bounty Hunter & Rakghoul? If it's only for lvl 70s is there a story gate like JUS or can any lvl 70 participate?

2. What gear level is this supposed to be tuned for? How accessible and difficult is is it supposed to be? A little guidance on that would make it much easier to give worthwhile feedback.

cibacrome
04.23.2019 , 11:02 AM | #33
Is there a leveling / gear terminal on this PTS? I wanted to run a new toon instead of copying.

Kaldron_Fell
04.23.2019 , 01:13 PM | #34
World design, quests and H4s are all nice. I also enjoyed Polly.

Buuuuut....
  • The H2, as others have mentioned and I have mentioned in a separate thread, is tedious. The Aegis thing needs a longer cooldown or it just sucks for solo'ing. It's not too hard, it's just very very annoying because it takes forever.
  • The decision that you need to do all of the quests twice for the weekly is exceedingly annoying. This is one of several reason almost nobody does the dailies on Iokath - The weekly would require you to go there two days in a row, and it just sucks. Please reconsider
  • As others have mentioned, reputation rewards need to include legacy bound weapons that look real cool, like the kingpin weapons for the nightlife event or the gree stuff or or or. That's what keeps us coming back and doing events again and again, because those legacy bound items (especially offhands) are just so valuable. Although the tree decos are absolutely gorgeous!

Also Dantooine doens't seem to have any enemy commanders at enemy bases, named or otherwise?
Cult of the Wailing Wookiee

HKtheindomitable
04.23.2019 , 01:29 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaldron_Fell View Post
[*] The decision that you need to do all of the quests twice for the weekly is exceedingly annoying. This is one of several reason almost nobody does the dailies on Iokath - The weekly would require you to go there two days in a row, and it just sucks. Please reconsider.[/LIST]
I keep seeing it referred to as a Daily Area.

Folks, remember that Dantooine is NOT a Daily area. It's an EVENT area. You're playing EVENT missions.

However, if you have many many characters, doing it twice on one character isn't a great idea.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

Sarova
04.24.2019 , 11:10 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
I keep seeing it referred to as a Daily Area.

Folks, remember that Dantooine is NOT a Daily area. It's an EVENT area. You're playing EVENT missions.
Indeed.

I did the event area on my main (a level 70 Sith Inquisitor) on Empire side. Here are the positives and the issues I came across on my first play through.

Issues & Requests:

Quick Travel Missing There is NO quick travel back to the Imperial base.

Mission: Marauder Maneuvers -
Please mute Colonel Trazen; hearing her say "we have successfully gained access to their comm channels. Splendid work." every time you loot a quest objective from a mob is VERY irritating.

Mission: Explosive Assurances -
The quest objective's clickable points stay in the area after the mission is completed. Here's a screen shot to show which ones I mean: https://imgur.com/a/Qi1k9Ty

Decoration/Rep Rewards:
The rep decorations are not terribly exciting (a patch of freshly plowed soil? Whose idea was that)? This rug needs to be added to the decoration rewards please (or has it been/will it be added as a CM decoration)?

Stuck Mobs:
This pair of numpty Nova Blades are stuck to this tree and evade everything. Fix them, so they can be severely punished!

Operation Starvation:
Text missing on selection (screenshot)

The "Weekly: Pirate Incursion" is solo player unfriendly
The weekly for the event is designed for repeat visits to the event area on ONE character. I don't think any of the other even areas have this requirement. Groupers will find it much easier to complete, however it will take solo players like me much longer because of the grouping requirements for the H4s (though see my comments on the H4s below). You've also made 6 heroics a requirement for the weekly so (as well as 12 missions) so some of us will rule out doing Dantooine on more than one character which is a shame as I'd like to have done one empire and one republic character per event. Grouping is not the best of play styles for me and I was hoping to avoid it.

The Heroics
Many of us gave feedback on the re-introduction of H4s with Ossus that we thought it was a bad idea. Not only have you ignored this, you've added two to the new event area. Whilst one of them is a pay-to-win many players will not want to pay full or contribute part to complete it that way (see below).

H4 - Beware of Hugo
Attempted this solo - died three times on the mobs leading up to Hugo but I was able to res inside and continue (albeit the res was longer each time). The patrolling mobs inside were a problem for me as a Sith Inq because the two patrolling mobs if attacked or CCd will pull one of the other groups to attack you. Once you get passed those patrolling mobs and the four large groups, Hugo is relatively easy. I didn't notice any stealth detection so stealthers may be able to run past the groups straight to the boss.

H4 - Reactor Ransome
Pay to win for soloers! If you are in-game loaded you can by an item that "converts credits to pay ransome". It costs 15 million credits which many people won't have. You use the item in the room with R0-B5u before clicking on the door item. On use the boss will run out and accept the ransome - quest done. The item says this can be used when in a group too. I did this because I can throw in-game credits at it. Can't comment on the fighting because I took the easy way out and will do so every time.

H2 - Shiny New Toy
This fight is all about timing and having a decent interrupt cooldown which I don't. The final boss has a shield which is impenetrable; you have to break it using the missiles you can loot from various places around the boss area. YOu can only hold one missile at a time and it's on a 25/30 second cooldown It also takes a couple of second to loot the missile. If you manage to get hit by the boss whilst looting the missile he can hit you for 3/4 of your life - if you don't have good gear with a decent health pool, it is possible for the boss to kill you while you loot the missile. Fortunately I have 256 gear and a 50 influence healing companion so no deaths for me. Once the shield is down you have a few seconds to deal damage before the boss puts his shield back up - classes with good burst damage will do well here. Lightning casters, prepare for frustration. Interrupt shenanigans: even if you interrupt one shield cast, the boss will almost immediately cast another while your interrupt is on cooldown which is VERY frustrating. The fight is long and annoying but definitely doable with just you and your companion. I suggest some changes to the missile cooldown time to make this fight bearable.

Positives:

Graphics - I got a notification about new graphics being available and allowed the change. The new graphics are great HOWEVER, remember to do your graphics settings in preferences too. I forgot and the place looked terrible until I switched my graphics settings to high/ultra depending on the maximum the settings allowed.

Beneath Suspicion (mouse droid mission
Once I worked out how to avoid this water area (my level of "duh" there was off the scale ), the mouse droid mission is quite good. The bonus to scare npcs is hilarious!

Polly - definitely evil and probably a sith lord plotting to become the next emperor The hidden achievement is quite funny.

Look & Potential for Stronghold: the area looks excellent, sort of a cross between what Corellia's buildings might have been like without the bombs and the green areas of Odessan and Alderaan. If a small to medium size Stronghold (Nar Shadaa sized with and additional green garden space) was added which looked out on something like this, I would buy it.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Andertyne
04.24.2019 , 04:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I haven't downloaded this version of the PTS yet. I have two questions.

1. Is the event only for lvl 70s or can lower level characters participate like they can for Bounty Hunter & Rakghoul? If it's only for lvl 70s is there a story gate like JUS or can any lvl 70 participate?.
To answer your first question, there is a planet bolster for characters under 70.
Hygieià | Satele Shan

Kaldron_Fell
04.25.2019 , 07:59 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Indeed.

I did the event area on my main (a level 70 Sith Inquisitor) on Empire side. Here are the positives and the issues I came across on my first play through.

Issues & Requests:

The Heroics
Many of us gave feedback on the re-introduction of H4s with Ossus that we thought it was a bad idea. Not only have you ignored this, you've added two to the new event area. Whilst one of them is a pay-to-win many players will not want to pay full or contribute part to complete it that way (see below).
I actually don't mind as long as it's still possible to solo them, even if it's harder, as it is on Ossus. But then I have pretty good gear and a pretty strong legacy, so I can't speak for anyone else obviously.
I found the H2 harder or at least more annoying than the H4s, for exactly the reasons you mentioned (aegis shield, missile cooldown etc)
H4 - Beware of Hugo
Attempted this solo - died three times on the mobs leading up to Hugo but I was able to res inside and continue (albeit the res was longer each time). The patrolling mobs inside were a problem for me as a Sith Inq because the two patrolling mobs if attacked or CCd will pull one of the other groups to attack you. Once you get passed those patrolling mobs and the four large groups, Hugo is relatively easy. I didn't notice any stealth detection so stealthers may be able to run past the groups straight to the boss.
I think I killed two mobs (the first two) and then there was only one patroller. I waited until he was far enough away and snuck along the left side wall to the gate, leaving the other two mobs alone.
H4 - Reactor Ransome
Pay to win for soloers! If you are in-game loaded you can by an item that "converts credits to pay ransome". It costs 15 million credits which many people won't have. You use the item in the room with R0-B5u before clicking on the door item. On use the boss will run out and accept the ransome - quest done. The item says this can be used when in a group too. I did this because I can throw in-game credits at it. Can't comment on the fighting because I took the easy way out and will do so every time.
If you cheese the boss fight and just face tank him it's pretty easy. You can make it much harder on yourself if you try to LoS one of his attack which then hits the generator though.
H2 - Shiny New Toy
[...]
The fight is long and annoying but definitely doable with just you and your companion. I suggest some changes to the missile cooldown time to make this fight bearable.
Fully agree here.
Cult of the Wailing Wookiee

Darkrebellord
04.25.2019 , 09:20 AM | #39
Dantooine Incursion hope the story line is longer than the dailies and the rewards are a lot better.

Overall maps lay outs good, smooth and friendly looking.

Slight issues with feet and ankles disappearing in the mountain rocks.

Daily missions were east to follow.

Heroic + 2 quest was a bit rough it was more like the heroic +4 quests then Heroic + 2 which are usually easy to solo.

really need those chapters back it still completely boring just doing dailies with out a real reason its like watching tennis.

Darkrebellord
04.25.2019 , 09:36 AM | #40
Really need a storyline where the alliance commander dies as no person can live for ever and we need to see a few old companions die and new ones come along and or new partnership with rival adversary,

Maybe even rise of new emperor to challenge the alliance, empire and republic as well as other enemies and allies in planet by planet to escape this new emperors clutches in order survival.

Or we could have storyline where you play as a Wookie trying to find way to get a message to Jedi council over invasion plan along the way you discover unknown race who you team up with to fight battle with the empire until help arrives.

Or you play as the new villain who trying to take over the empire by killing off your rivals while plotting against the alliance and republic to crush them both and along the way you kill off companions of the alliance commander to isolate the commander from the his allies in order to kill him.