The Unyielding/Infernal titles official clarification

Want to have an official answer about a way of getting that titles, because in the 1.1.5 pts notes there was a words about 2 hour limit, and the live patch notes only saying about simply completing, without a 2 hour limit, so now i am confused, dont want to waste another lockout to figure that you was actually need that 2 hours and not just clear.

2hr or under. Its in the codex entry when you unlock it. specifically says timed run, under 2 hours.

Be aware that if the instance bugs out and you have to reset it, you will not get the title. Have to do your best to not bug it out.

To clarify, the 2 hour timer begins after the first boss has been killed.

This.

Timer starts after first boss is down. We had heard that the title fails if you reset at any point or make any adjustments to your raid (even so-much as moving people around) so we did neither to be safe.

TBH the only *ruff* part is Soa, since if you dont 1-shot him there is a fair chance you'll start running into missing floor segments and him deciding he'd like to keep his lightning buff thank you very much! This happened to us, you can work through both of these but the healing load is kinda ruff if he keeps 2-3 stacks :(

Good luck on your attempts !!

We had heard that the title fails if you reset at any point or make any adjustments to your raid (even so-much as moving people around) so we did neither to be safe.

Speaking as a raid leader who has both titles... as long as the raid leader does not use the function to "Reset All Active Operations" and you kill the final boss in less than 2 hours from when you killed the first boss, you will get the title. You can wipe, you can change groups, you can remove people and invite different people, etc.

Adding removing new people .. bler. Sooo soon we'll see *WTS infernal title* runs .. joy joy.

Yes I have both titles too, KP is a joke .. EV to Soa is a joke. Soa is just a pita due to his wigging out.

Will be sad to see people selling titles if indeed you can swap members out at the last fight. I mean honestly 7 people can kill nightmare Soa as long as you have the scrub your carrying stay well the hell away from the group. hoping thats not WAI and will be fixed if its indeed correct.

Adding removing new people .. bler. Sooo soon we'll see *WTS infernal title* runs .. joy joy.

Yes I have both titles too, KP is a joke .. EV to Soa is a joke. Soa is just a pita due to his wigging out.

Will be sad to see people selling titles if indeed you can swap members out at the last fight. I mean honestly 7 people can kill nightmare Soa as long as you have the scrub your carrying stay well the hell away from the group. hoping thats not WAI and will be fixed if its indeed correct.

Am so pissed atm, Me & my group did NiM EV earlier today.

We down every single boss on our first try up until Soa under 30 min. Then we got stuck at him for the remaining 1h & 30 min not even being able to clear the raid, let alone get the title. Stupid lightning balls doing triple damage, battle ress not working and then we have the speeder bike glitch which adds another 2 minutes of running back to boss room everytime we wipe. -.-

Am so pissed atm, Me & my group did NiM EV earlier today.

We down every single boss on our first try up until Soa under 30 min. Then we got stuck at him for the remaining 1h & 30 min not even being able to clear the raid, let alone get the title. Stupid lightning balls doing triple damage, battle ress not working and then we have the speeder bike glitch which adds another 2 minutes of running back to boss room everytime we wipe. -.-

We had the Lightning Ball damage bugging out ya. Around 5K for the pulse as you run it, then they would sometimes double hit for 7.5K .. total 19K damage damm near instantly. Never figured out why they would do this but we worked around it by ensuring runners had a sage shield and used whatever defensive CD"s they had. Irritating since it would only happen maby 25-35% of the time, rest of the balls were fine (Ie ~12K total damage)

Speeder glitch, as in it dont take you outside the council but drops you at Garj? Had this constantly for past 3 weeks or so. Dunno *** is that deal with that one .. assumed it was because someone failed to loot the chest by pylons .. thats not the case tho so we cant pin down why it happens.

Sorry you did'ent grab the title, better luck next week. I feel for you since we were in teh same boat when we did the title run, 30 mins to clear EV then an hour on Soa .. real PITA.

We attempted a two hour run. One hour to go for Soa, and the following bugs took place within the next two hours.

Lightning Orbs not exploding on contact.

Example: Orbs on Player 1 and Player 2. Player 1 pops his orb, leaving only player 2 and his orb. Player 2 isolates himself away from the raid, and lets the orb close in. Player 2 runs through the orb, and it doesn't explode. Player 2 tries again, it doesn't explode again. The third time of running through the orb, it finally explodes.

Combat Resurrection not working as intended.

Starting off by stating that we know the difference of when a combat resurrection is available to use, and when it isn't. Not having the debuff, I expect that we should be able to use the abilities of the classes we bring. "Target cannot benefit" is the error we receive most. An inquisitor Vanish and out of combat resurrection also yields the "Target cannot benefit" bug.

Combat Resurrection not working as intended pt2.

Imperial Agent Operative Resuscitation Probe will resurrect a fallen player, however, The sorcerer Reanimation will not raise an ally. On some fights, the Sorcerer Reanimation will work, but the Resuscitation Probe will not.

Real Life Example: Player popping his lightning orb gets knocked down to 50%. He is on cooldown from the Sorc shield, so he could not negate a large portion of the damage. Immedietely, he is picked for Toss. Knowing he is going to die, I tell both the Operative and Sorcerer to be ready to battle res. Player lands, dies. Operative tries to res, "Cannot benefit." Sorcerer tries to res, and it works! On other attempts, the Sorcerer res will get the "cannot benefit" line, but the Operative resurrection will go through no problem.

In some circumstances, we have an Inquisitor Assassin vanish/cloak and attempt an out of combat resurrection (to save the battle res for later). Sometimes this works as intended. Sometimes RNG gets us via a toss or mind trap, interrupting the process. This is fine, as it's part of fight design. However, sometimes the out of combat res getting the "cannot benefit" bug, is not part of fight design. Especially when the Operative tries to res afterwards, and cannot. But the sorcerer is actually able to get the Reanimation off.

Combat Resurrection not working as intended p3.

This isn't limited to Soa, but to Resurrection in general. Some times when a player is raised, it will not bring him back into the battle. Instead, it teleports him to outside the instance, away from the fight. We killed Soa on an attempt where this actually occured, and the played involved had to run back into the operation, and fall 5,000 meters to his death so he could receive loot.

Platforms, Mind Traps.

Two weeks ago we constantly had this issue. If people are stuck in Mind Trap when the fight ends, there was a high percentage chance that the platforms would not respawn. We just got in the habit of resetting the instance after every wipe. We shouldn't have to do this, however. There needs to be a debuff that kills people inside Mind Trap after X amount of time (45-60 seconds?) to allow the fight to properly reset.

Toss.

People getting tossed and not landing in the middle is a rare issue. I can't touch on this much since it hasn't happened to us more than once.

Toss , Lightning Orb combo

If the person targeted by Lightning Orb simultaneously gets picked by Toss, the orb will go to the middle and evade away. This isn't usually a problem, but it can align itself to where the Orb is trying to evade in the middle, when the person lands from the Toss. Toss land damage + instant orb explosion = unnecessary RNG death. This is not fun, this is not "part of the fight." Getting hit for 20k+ for not doing anything wrong is not proper fight design.

Corpse bug

If someone dies in phase 2, but a combat resurrection isn't available yet due to debuff, the body falls to the bottom of the arena for phase 3. However, the body isn't visible for several minutes. Engaging Soa at 29% for p3, the body is not visible. However, by the time Soa reaches 10% or so, the body is now visible where it should have been for the duration of phase 3. Need to fix the X Y Z axis issues with corpses dying on phase 2.

Pillars.

Pillars can and will hit Soa smack in the forehead, and his shield will not break. He will be dead center of the fissured ground, and his shield will not break. If he is not enraged, the tank just eats the pillar too to make sure that it goes off. Tank will take the 40% damage from the pillar, but Soa's shield remains intact.

Also, there have be instances where the tank and Soa will not get hit by the pillar despite being within 5 meters of the Fissure, however, a player that is 20+ meters away from the Fissure markings will instantly be killed by the pillar.

Soa, 5 meters away : No shield breaking.

Bounty Hunter, 20 meters away : Dead.

Charged pylons.

One attempt this week, Soa decided to not drop his shield stacks during the platform transition. We start on the west side, work our way down, and kill every pylon. Despite killing every single pylon (8-9?), we got to the bottom to discover that Soa still had 3 stacks of his Lightning Shield.

Lol. :)

Its funny seeing as I have had none of those issues after the latest patches. I mean we had the 'invisible lightning ball of doom' but that was back before they fixed it and we STILL did it. I'm sure you experienced all of those bugs but I can guarantee you didn't get ALL of them in each attempt.

Even having 3 of those bugs in the fight is manageable because many guilds including my own has done it in 16man with the same annoyances that you're experiencing. Its not impossible. You just create a strat around the bugs... at least it makes the boss fight a little harder instead of 'lolfaceroll'.

Edited by Aerro

Its funny seeing as I have had none of those issues after the latest patches. I mean we had the 'invisible lightning ball of doom' but that was back before they fixed it and we STILL did it. I'm sure you experienced all of those bugs but I can guarantee you didn't get ALL of them in each attempt.

Even having 3 of those bugs in the fight is manageable because many guilds including my own has done it in 16man with the same annoyances that you're experiencing. Its not impossible. You just create a strat around the bugs... at least it makes the boss fight a little harder instead of 'lolfaceroll'.

Lightning Balls of Doom occured in, I'd say, 2 of every 3 attempts, which resulted in the Battle Resurrection not being able to be cast in 2 of every 3 attempts as well.

100% of attempts/kill that night that featured a phase 3 had the "Pillar not breaking Soa's shield, despite it dropping directly on top of him." The shortest we've killed him in is 5 pillars. We know how to do the fight. But when the shield isn't breaking, it took us upwards of 7-8 pillars to finally kill him.

Pillars randomly killing people 20 meters away, but not hitting the tank who is closer to the fissure, is resolved by DPS simply being a ridiculous amount of distance away from Soa, which in turn hurt DPS uptime.

There is some sort of server communication breakdown. Pillars are dropping in areas that all 8 or 16 players are not seeing. Even if it's just 5-10 meters off, the effects are clear. People are DYING to pillars, despite Soa being hit and the shield not dropping.

Just to be clear with you. Every single attempt featured "something". If we had a single non-bugged attempt, we'd never die. When we finally killed him that night, it was the attempt of least Bioware resistance. No lightning ball bugs, the shield during transition dropped properly after 5 pylons, and only 1 Pillar missed him despite dropping on his noggin, instead of the 2-3 we were experiencing in previous attempts.

I'm glad you haven't had these issues. But the unfortunate reality is that these issues exist. Posts such as "lol i dont have these issues" doesn't add anything helpful to the conversation. I don't think you're trying to troll, but it comes off that way.

Edit: Yes, the fight is manageable with the bugs (Except Lightning Shield, that one is a death sentence.)

But you shouldn't have to "manage" the bugs. They shouldn't be there.

A fight's difficulty shouldn't be "how well you can defeat the things that shouldn't occur".

Edited by Daltin

hello, got the infernal title few minutes ago, 16 nightmare, of course, almost 1 hour and 30, first wipe on soa with 2158 life points :D

(without mentioning few bugs, but we don't care anymore :p)