Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Mandalorian.

Ardrossan
12.11.2019 , 08:22 AM | #31
I haven't seen any of it, kind of forgot this had come out tbh. But now I'm stoked to watch it.

As far as the helmet rule: in Traviss' books, mandos rarely removed their helmets in front of aruetii, or even in mixed company with aruetii in 'safe' territory [like Mandalore]. It wasn't a rule, per se, but general xenophobia against the out-group was always a thing with mandalorians.

However, the most likely reason he doesn't remove his helmet is because Fett never removed his helmet in either the movies or the books, even around other Mandalorians. Fett was essentially traumatized by his previous experiences and even after becoming Mandalore [in the books] viewed EVERYONE, even other mandalorians, as aruetii. So it is likely the show is simply trying to evoke that Fett vibe rather than anything super complicated.

We also could view ihis vulnerabilities in the same way - in the movies, you'll note that regardless of how cool and deadly he looked and acted, he still ended up falling into a sarlaac pit because a blind guy who just got out of carbonite knocked him over by accident.

If anyone is about to launch into a tirade about legends versus canon, spare me. I don't care.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

Collec
12.11.2019 , 10:22 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Yeah, at least we saw less of the baby yoda. I mean its cute and all, but the show is not about him.
Well it is . It shouldn't be I agree...but it's totally about baby "Yoda"BW .Mods deleted my post...."because it was offensive", when I joked about what kind of shows you can expect from now:

like show named STORMTROOPA following stormtrooper and at end of 1st episode they reveal baby Nautolan.
Or show called DROID , where we see droid, who carries genetic code for clone....waaaiiit for it....you thought he was gone...but nope...no one will ever be gone....Dooku.

And that was soooo offensive that they deleted it
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

Collec
12.13.2019 , 07:09 AM | #33
That was the best cameo I've ever seen.When I saw Dave Filoni in that X-Wing it just brought smile to my face. Such a natural. And his name was Trapper Wolf......now that is a show they need to make.

Male twi'lek was weak .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

TonyTricicolo
12.13.2019 , 09:58 AM | #34
I loved Epi6. The female Twilek was Osha from GOT. Clancy Brown from Shawshank and Highlander, Bill Burr the comedian and Mark Boone Junior from SoA. Great ensemble.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Goreshaga
12.14.2019 , 08:56 AM | #35
Loved this episode, really great show.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

BlueShiftRecall
12.14.2019 , 02:25 PM | #36
I enjoyed this weeks episode much more than last weeks. I'm really looking forward to the last few episodes however I feel as though the season is going to probably going to end with a cliffhanger.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's