List of Scheduled Maintenance - August

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Although not a maintenance, something to be aware of is a launcher patch which will occur this week. On Tuesday at 9AM Central we are going to deploy a patch to the SWTOR launcher. This will have no downtime and no effect on gameplay. It just means the first time you login after 9AM Tuesday your launcher will update.

No patch notes or anything for it as there are no changes, just some back-end stuff for the launcher. Again, there is no downtime or gameplay impact.

-eric

Hey folks,

Here are all of the scheduled maintenance for the month of August:

• Tuesday, August 8th - Back-end maintenance, no patch
  • Tuesday, August 22nd - Game Update 5.4

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey Eric, any idea when we'll get more info about what content is confirmed for 5.4? Maybe a dev twitch stream like y'all used to do?

Hey Eric, any idea when we'll get more info about what content is confirmed for 5.4? Maybe a dev twitch stream like y'all used to do?

I doubt it will be a stream, just a forum post. Streams take a lot and they have stated that unless there is a lot to talk about, demonstrations, information, etc that would work better in a stream then you more then likely won't see one. If there is one I would assume it would be stuff like next expansion info.

• Dev Post

Keith's post here talks quite a bit about specifics in 5.4: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=928103. Aside from that, I would like to start posting the specific class changes that are coming sometime this week if I can. Same of S8 rewards.

-eric

Any chance on Tuesday, August 22nd - Game Update 5.4 i can get bug fixed on uprising Trail and Error where i can't get to the last boss because door forever closed? I'd like to finish all uprisings before i will start War on Iokath on September.

Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

Although not a maintenance, something to be aware of is a launcher patch which will occur this week. On Tuesday at 9AM Central we are going to deploy a patch to the SWTOR launcher. This will have no downtime and no effect on gameplay. It just means the first time you login after 9AM Tuesday your launcher will update.

No patch notes or anything for it as there are no changes, just some back-end stuff for the launcher. Again, there is no downtime or gameplay impact.

-eric

Your, "no downtime or gameplay effect", launcher update seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time to complete.

Any chance on Tuesday, August 22nd - Game Update 5.4 i can get bug fixed on uprising Trail and Error where i can't get to the last boss because door forever closed? I'd like to finish all uprisings before i will start War on Iokath on September.

Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

/agree

No downtime??? shouldnt effect gameplay???? I am a paying player and I havent been able to log in since Tuesday.Spent a long time on phone trying to get answers or fixes and the guy i was talking to seemed more clueless than me.Not even an ETA on getting it worked out,this is the saddest customer service i have ever experienced on any mmo i have ever played.

-eric

and soon after the update my system no longer let me play the game. I am using playonlinux and I get a certificate authentication failed message. get this sorted so I do not lose any more of my subscription money or I will leave the game completely.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Eric,

Issues with logging in today. Launcher is stating login service is down and the website has little to no information. Any idea when this will be fixed?

I'm having the same issue, i assumed it was a surprise ninja patch for something related to the conquest issues but i guess not?, I took a screen shot of it, http://i.imgur.com/4K78uch.png

Edited by TaylorBren