Patching failed for a lot of people!

Zalokin

A lot of people haven't been able to update to the latest patch. Not the one yesterday or the one that came out today. We all get the same error message where we have to repair, and after repair the same thing happenes again. There are LOADS of pages in other threads with people who cant play the game at all. Why isnt this addressed? People are cancelling their subs over this, and Bioware haven't said anything. Will this be fixed anytime soon? Kinda sucks paying for a game you cant play... Edited by Zalokin

Alot of people haven't been able to update to the latest patch. Not the one yesterday or the one that came out today. We all get the same error message where we have to repair, and after repair the same thing happenes again. There are LOADS of pages in other threads with people who cant play the game at all. Why isnt this addressed? People are cancelling their subs over this, and Bioware haven't said anything. Will this be fixed anytime soon? Kinda sucks paying for a game you cant play...

They did warn people if they tamper with the files in the directory, as many threads in the past here have alerted users on how to do it, that they cannot be held responsible to damage patching in the future.

Not saying you did it, but I bet many who are suffering this did.

All my patches, my wife's and guild members went fine.

We of course did not touch the files in that game folder.

I would suggest removing and re-downloading the game, but that is just my suggestion and by no means a fix.

Edited by Fraxture

Yeah, I haven't tampered with any files, and I also thought uninstalling and redownloading would solve the problem. But it haven't and it's starting to get frustrating cause I was really enjoying this game right now :p

This is the error from the log:

Corrupt Source detected in C:\Program Files\Star Wars-The Old Republic\Assets/swtor_main_area_belsavis_1.tor

Everytime I've reinstalled its a different file thats corrupt. It's seems pretty random which file is corrupt listening to others who have the same problem... Some have fixed it by installing the game on a laptop, patched it successfully and then copied the files to the main computer. Guess I have to try that next. Just wished Bioware would fix this. Sucks if I have to do that everytime theres a new patch :p

Corrupt Source detected in C:\Program Files\Star Wars-The Old Republic\Assets/swtor_main_area_belsavis_1.tor

Everytime I've reinstalled its a different file thats corrupt. It's seems pretty random which file is corrupt listening to others who have the same problem... Some have fixed it by installing the game on a laptop, patched it successfully and then copied the files to the main computer. Guess I have to try that next. Just wished Bioware would fix this. Sucks if I have to do that everytime theres a new patch :p

You're contradicting yourself without knowing it. If you receive errors every time you try and reinstall, the problem is with your computer, NOT the installer. Doesn't anyone have a brain anymore? If the game had a problem installing, more than the few players posting about it would be affected. Defrag and clean your registry, then do the same for the harddrive. Bet it installs fine after that.

Edited by mattdell

Do you have an aggressive virus scan or something that may be causing damage during the transfer? :confused:

And if it works on another computer in your household, cannot be the installer, has to be the system that is causing the issues.

Edited by Fraxture

(Holds hand up!)

I would like to point out that I thought I had a problem as detailed above but I decided to just let the patcher sit. After about two or three minutes, my patcher completed download and install. Perhaps the patching servers had a hicup and caused the "pause" which the patcher interpted as an "error". No problem for me.

Do you have an aggressive virus scan or something that may be causing damage during the transfer? :confused:

And if it works on another computer in your household, cannot be the installer, has to be the system that is causing the issues.

Yeah, some people have suggested the RAM can cause this problem. Guess I have to check that out :) I've tried disabling my virusscan and firewall and all that.. Thanks for helping ;)

Yeah, some people have suggested the RAM can cause this problem. Guess I have to check that out :) I've tried disabling my virusscan and firewall and all that.. Thanks for helping ;)

Yeah, it definitely could, as could hard drive problems.