Filter option to disable arenas

SnazzyAzzy

As a warzone lover, I find it so infuriating being forced to play areas that I neither enjoy nor have the option through a filter to disable. Could we please get a filter so those that don't enjoy arena pvp can excuse ourselves from it and vice versa with those that dislike warzones, thank you. Edited by SnazzyAzzy

If they allowed filters, HB, Odesyn, QHB, Vandin and Arenas would all disappear from the queue. That would be fine until people got tired of the other maps. Then they’d cry for them.

They took HB away for 2 weeks to try and fix Dsync and people where asking for it back.

If they did map bans maybe they should allow only 1, at least at first, to see the effects on the game.

This is why I specifically requested filters because it allows people to engage in the pvp type they desire which means EVERYONE benefits. being forced to play in (in my case arenas) scenarios you dislike is not what gaming is about, don't we all just want to have a bit of fun during our gaming experience? :) Edited by SnazzyAzzy

This is why I specifically requested filters because it allows people to engage in the pvp type they desire which means EVERYONE benefits. being forced to play in (in my case arenas) scenarios you dislike is not what gaming is about, don't we all just want to have a bit of fun during our gaming experience? :)

If you allowed unlimited bans it would be very easy to ruin the queue, which has priority right now, since there are no plans or efforts designed around increasing the population. So "EVERYONE benefits" very little if no queues happen or if they drastically slow down waiting for the right combination of unbanned maps to manifest in the queue.

If you allowed unlimited bans it would be very easy to ruin the queue, which has priority right now, since there are no plans or efforts designed around increasing the population. So "EVERYONE benefits" very little if no queues happen or if they drastically slow down waiting for the right combination of unbanned maps to manifest in the queue.

4v4 is very different from 8v8. Some people like arena's but not warzones, and vice-versa. It makes sense to allow them to que for the type of PvP that they enjoy.

Without being able to filter out arena's, I usually just hit the 'leave warzone button' as soon as I zone in. How is that better for anyone except those who like going 3v4?

4v4 is very different from 8v8. Some people like arena's but not warzones, and vice-versa. It makes sense to allow them to que for the type of PvP that they enjoy.

Without being able to filter out arena's, I usually just hit the 'leave warzone button' as soon as I zone in. How is that better for anyone except those who like going 3v4?

Nailed it right there, two very different types of PVP, quite honestly I would rather have longer wait times and get the pvp I like than sit in cues that are consistently the type I dislike.

Edited by SnazzyAzzy

Well, if we believe BW:

-The Unranked Warzone queue will now always prioritize Warzones over Arenas. An Arena match will only pop if there are not enough players to populate a full Warzone match at that time.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/872018/game-update-5.9.2-galactic-legend

So this is a population issue, seemingly there aren't enough people queuing to pop a 16 person map.

Careful what you wish for OP. It could happen that a lot more like Arena than 8v8 - and you could potentially sit in a queue for hours. - especially at off-peak times.

I for one would prefer a slider, so one could prioritise one over the other ( or indeed map types without totally blocking one type. You could at least nudge the slider one way or the other if pops become too infrequent.

But the new Meta is to simply leave any WZ or arena that you don't fancy ( or fancy your chances) - So at least one person is happy, rather than the ones that remain in a reduced team. - BioWare likes it like that, rather than encourage more people to PVP - almost like they're trying to spoil it for everyone. - It must make sense from a business point-of-view, though I'm at a loss to see how.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Careful what you wish for OP. It could happen that a lot more like Arena than 8v8 - and you could potentially sit in a queue for hours. - especially at off-peak times.

I for one would prefer a slider, so one could prioritise one over the other ( or indeed map types without totally blocking one type. You could at least nudge the slider one way or the other if pops become too infrequent.

But the new Meta is to simply leave any WZ or arena that you don't fancy ( or fancy your chances) - So at least one person is happy, rather than the ones that remain in a reduced team. - BioWare likes it like that, rather than encourage more people to PVP - almost like they're trying to spoil it for everyone. - It must make sense from a business point-of-view, though I'm at a loss to see how.

The fact I already sit waiting for an hour+ due to being cued into an arena, leaving, recueing into another arena - repeat process until wz actually pops means that I'm already used to ridiculous wait times, no skin off my nose. I'm quite happy to wait, its why i have a second monitor and watch stuff while in cue etc, I just don't want arenas, simple as that, just as I know many people don't want warzones, so put it in player hands, give us a filter option and hey presto, everyone gets what they want :)

Edited by SnazzyAzzy

• 11 months later...

Google showed me this link 1st by "swtor disable arenas", so bump! (no necro:P)

..any way, please allow to switch - arena/objectives/both.

Point is, arenas and objectives are different games and different gear and different skill set (despite both called "pvp").

For example, tank for damage reduction is useless in arena, but most liked in objectives...