2.6 PTS Commando changes

venomlash

Commando

General

Commandos with Combat Support Cell loaded will now be able to use Hammer Shot to heal themselves.

Gunnery

Steadied Aim now reduces the pushback suffered while activating Grav Round and Charged Bolts by 50/100% (up from 35/70%). The rest of the benefits provided by Steadied Aim remain unchanged.

Combat Medic

Trauma Probe may now be deployed on more than one target at a time, but a target still may not have more than one active Trauma Probe. Additionally, Trauma Probe now costs 10 energy cells (down from 16), has 6 charges (down from 10), lasts up to 3 minutes (down from 5), and heals for slightly more per charge.

The tooltip for Probe Medic has been updated to indicate that it also reduces the rate limit of Frontline Medic, and Probe Medic now requires Trauma Probe instead of Frontline Medic.

Frontline Medic has been moved from tier 6 down to tier 5 in the Combat Medic skill tree.

Psych Aid has been moved from tier 5 down to tier 4 in the Combat Medic skill tree.

Med Zone has been moved from tier 4 up to tier 6 in the Combat Medic skill tree.

My impressions?

Gunnery and Assault no longer have to worry about Grav Round and Charged Bolts getting pushback. Big whoop, the larger issue of Full Auto losing its last tick to pushback remains. This change is like being given a Band-Aid when you've got a headache; sure, they're TRYING to help, but they're solving the wrong problem. Speaking of medicine...

Combat Medic FINALLY got some useful changes. It'll be nice to have Trauma Probe up on more than one ally, and since it's been made a bit cheaper, we can use it to anticipate raidwide damage similarly to Sage healers bubbling everyone up. That's right, we just got even more Ops utility.

Not to mention, we no longer have to take Frontline Medic to get Probe Medic! Rejoice! I shall go right ahead and put those points into Kolto Wave; if you already have Kolto Wave, you just freed up some points for Treated Wound Dressings. The decreased duration and number of charges will make the spec require a little more micromanaging, but hey, it's a substantial buff overall in my opinion.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steadied Aim includes Full Auto........

Full auto is still 70%

As for Commando healer the TP changes were unnecessary, it made our tankhealing sightly worse for better raid healing. But our main issue didn't get fixed and that is heat management. If you were a good Mando healer before this "buff" changes nothing

Full auto is still 70%

As for Commando healer the TP changes were unnecessary, it made our tankhealing sightly worse for better raid healing. But our main issue didn't get fixed and that is heat management. If you were a good Mando healer before this "buff" changes nothing

how did it make tank healing worse when trauma probe ticks for more and costs less energy to apply?

Full auto is still 70%

I have to disagree. TP changes will be HUGE. Hammer shot to your own FACE will be good as well.

These aren't game changing but it has essentially made TP a useful part of your rotation. Up until now, TP was useful at the start but after that you would only reapply when everyone was full and you had some downtime on boss damage. Otherwise is was just to expensive to throw into the middle of heavy healing phases. Sounds like now, you will be able to monitor and reapply when necessary. Now during the down times, you can apply it to other raid members as well. This will now be our answer to all the hots that scoundrels put out. This is assuming it has no limit on the amount of people you can apply it too, i haven't seen anything saying if its unlimited or not.

The HS will be nice, was always annoying not being able to target yourself. PVE and PVP. Not a game changer there but will make healing a little smoother and something that should have been able from the start.....

Full auto is still 70%

Pretty much this, the TP change gave us more options but even tighter ammo/heat mangament, and now that we can Hammershot our self the frontline medic talent is even 100% useless and should just be removed and replaced with something that interacts with bacta infusion, like anytime bacta infsuion is used your next 2 casts are uninterruptable or something like that, would also reduce the cd of bacta infusion by 6 seconds which would make it a 12sec cd with set bonus that would help ammo/heat a little bit and give us a quicker means of healing never understood why it was on 21 sec cd base 18 secs with set bonus sure its free but its lacking for our top tier talent, and if people didn't want the talent to be mid way in the tree could just switch it with kolto wave

I have to disagree. TP changes will be HUGE. Hammer shot to your own FACE will be good as well.

These aren't game changing but it has essentially made TP a useful part of your rotation. Up until now, TP was useful at the start but after that you would only reapply when everyone was full and you had some downtime on boss damage. Otherwise is was just to expensive to throw into the middle of heavy healing phases.

If you didn't keep up TP on the MT all the time you did it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, this TP change is not bad on it's own but it was unnecessary, especially since we have more pressing issues. Like ammo management and interrputs in PVP.

Edited by cs_zoltan

TP ticks for 1,5% more but lost 4 charges, that STRICTLY from tankhealing pov is worse

Two casts on the tank used to cost 32 ammo and gave you 26 total charges. Three casts on the tank will now cost you 30 ammo and net you 27 total charges. If all you do is continue to put it on the tank it's still a net gain for tank healing.

Downside: One extra GCD to get to that better place. I can live with that for the slightly increased healing, plus the ability to put it on someone else if I so choose.

What abut the commando players that they want to play arena and they don't want to play healers but dps....? where is the survivability? The boost at healing was good, by still the players that wonna play dps commandos they cant stand in arenas and mostly in pvp groups. So BW you have a 30% thanks for me. FAIL :mad:

Man, this is actually shaping up to be a pretty good update for Combat Medic.

Trauma Probe got a few nice buffs and one painless nerf: There are now fewer charges (9 when fully spec'd instead of 13), but that is more than made up for the fact that the cost is now 10 (instead of 16) and it heals for a bit more. The biggest change, however, is that as far as I can tell, it doesn't have a player limit. Which means, yes, you can put it on all 16 players in your raid. It also means that Combat Medics will have a comparable, if not better HoT, than Scoundrels with essentially the same duration, cost, and about the same output.

As for the skill tree, I like what they did with it. Frontline Medic still requires Trauma Probe, but its off to the side now so you can skip it and just take Probe Medic if you want. While you'll probably still skip over Frontline Medic if you're in PVE, in PVP I think its becoming more valuable. Since its rate limit can now be improved with Probe Medic, you can get it so your Trauma Probe heals you twice every 2 seconds assuming you take damage and use Hammer Shot at the same instant. It's good for about 2.2k heal no crit, which is pretty respectable considering the cost is only 10. The danger is that Frontline Medic will drain your Trauma Probe faster (twice as fast to be exact), but it may be worth it for that extra healing while repositioning.

Last but not least is the change to Hammershot, which is mostly QoL. It won't change much in the way of output, but it may help out with keeping a low profile considering the neon beam doesn't show up. I haven't checked the new animation on the Mercenary, but it doesn't seem that any of our gun-touting healers will be shooting themselves in the foot with healing bullets any time soon.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

"•Steadied Aim now reduces the pushback suffered while activating Grav Round and Charged Bolts by 50/100% "...I'm a bit confused. I tested this out on the PTS, once with 2/2 in Steadied Aim, then I tested it again at 0/2, and saw absolutely zero difference. Activation time of GR is still 1.5 sec. Can someone please help me understand the term 'pushback'? I was assuming that 100% meant that the ability would now be instant at 2/2.

This change is gonna be hilarious if another commando healer is in your team. You are just gonna end up fighting for trauma probe a lot. It's gonna be pretty bad either one of the healers will call it quits or they will both die/run out of ammo. There needs to be a lockout like bubble so that you cannot reapply until it has run out of charges. That would help prevent the pointless trauma probe fighting. With that being said the one per target thing is just retarded operatives can put their HoTs on the same targets and trauma probe pretty much heals for the same so why nerf ours so that 2 commando healers on a team makes it suck for them and their team.

This change is gonna be hilarious if another commando healer is in your team. You are just gonna end up fighting for trauma probe a lot. It's gonna be pretty bad either one of the healers will call it quits or they will both die/run out of ammo. There needs to be a lockout like bubble so that you cannot reapply until it has run out of charges. That would help prevent the pointless trauma probe fighting. With that being said the one per target thing is just retarded operatives can put their HoTs on the same targets and trauma probe pretty much heals for the same so why nerf ours so that 2 commando healers on a team makes it suck for them and their team.

The 'one per target' text already exists on Trauma Probe, and currently your Commando can only have one active. It's there so that you know you can't put a fresh Trauma Probe on someone and still keep whatever charges you have from the first cast. Two different Commandos can currently put their Trauma Probes on the same target, despite that 'one per target' text on the skill. Unless that functionality is changing with 2.6 two Commandos won't be fighting for anything.

I really don't want a lockout. I want to be able to reapply it when it suits me, not when (and only when) all charges are depleted.

Pushback is not the problem!. Really problem are interrupt, lov survival and lov heal.

The changes are bad - only cosmetics.

Trauma probe should be stack like scoundrels "upper hand" and mando now can use bacta infussion without cooldown 18 sec! Full auto, mortal voley and advanced medical probe can't be interrupt.

Advanced medical probe colldown 5 max 7 sec. + healing 1500 hp for 3 sec.

Kolto bomb healing like sage 8 targets.

Commando need more armor and more protection for stuns, roots.

This is about med spec. I play mando 2 years as heallers - wz are terrable - 80% time stunned, rooted, every time interrupted and death, first target - no one attack scoundrels and sages becouse they fast run.

Commando is to heavy to quick run. He should be heavy, heavy healer, but he need more and more survival and more effective skils.

Edited by BoskiCesiu